U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 AM
 
77 posts, read 103,654 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Christians, we need to be more aggressive in dealing with sin. We can not coexist peacefully with unrepentant sinners. We must stand our ground and tell them they are wrong and yes be angry. We cant be fence sitters here. Fence sitters are useless to God. I am angry at the sin in this world and I call on others to be angry with me. We cannot back down because we are in the right and we cant be ashamed to proclaim it. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I will not tolerate anyone who opposes it. Loving your neighbor means telling them they are in sin and need to repent and Jesus never said to do it gently. If we do this, revival will sweep the nation. Halelujah to the lamb!

 
Old 02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
 
Location: New England
32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Reputation: 2280
I believe the opposite . Jesus told us not to resist evil.So i believe it's time for us to be sweeter. Also did you miss Romans 2 verse 4 where it says that God was tolerant and patient with you in bringing you to repentance through his goodness shown to you ?.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
Christians, we need to be more aggressive in dealing with sin. We can not coexist peacefully with unrepentant sinners. We must stand our ground and tell them they are wrong and yes be angry.
What are you doing on CD wasting time then?Moderator cut: delete Don't you have an abortion clinic to bomb, or maybe a funeral to disrupt?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-20-2011 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: off topic
 
Old 02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
 
77 posts, read 103,654 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I believe the opposite . Jesus told us not to resist evil.So i believe it's time for us to be sweeter. Also did you miss Romans 2 verse 4 where it says that God was tolerant and patient with you in bringing you to repentance through his goodness shown to you ?.

and you believe wrong....we have to be tough on sin but compassionate to the sinner. If we are sweet and lovey dovey, why should they repent? Why not just continue on in their sin? Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 PM
 
Location: New England
32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
Moderator cut: deleteand you believe wrong....we have to be tough on sin but compassionate to the sinner. If we are sweet and lovey dovey, why should they repent? Why not just continue on in their sin? Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

Being sweeter means Lovey Dovey, well call me lovey dovey then . God is no more mad with the world than he was with you bringing you to repentance through his patience and tolerance.

What you do not realize is whatever you are metering out (what you are saying)comes back to you.If you want to speak out against sin thinking you are being godly by doing so, guess what ?, the law of metering out will be metered back to you according to his word.

God for so loved the world he laid the iniquity of us all on his Son, the Son who knew no sin became sin for us. Where sin abounds, grace abounds much more. If grace is abused by anyone can you not trust God by his spirit to turn the abuser around ?.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-20-2011 at 02:37 PM..
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,635,238 times
Reputation: 12537
Anger causes resistance. Love opens the gates of opportunity. When we act with love, we welcome and invite others to change for the better on their own. Force is not needed. God is love so to act with love is to act with God.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
You unbelievers love to take things to extremes because you hate the word of God and you see a righteous spirit filled believer like myself that refuses to be soft on sin. Please repent and obey God.
If I may interject, your OP is the ONLY thing that sounds "extreme". You say to get angry, and that you do not tolerate ANYONE who views things differently than you.

People like YOU make me sick. People like YOU are the reason that unbelievers DON'T come to know Christ.

I don't expect this thread to stay up for too long. Get your hate filled words in while you can.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
 
77 posts, read 103,654 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Anger causes resistance. Love opens the gates of opportunity. When we act with love, we welcome and invite others to change for the better on their own. Force is not needed. God is love so to act with love is to act with God.


We have to show tough love to these people. We cant be soft on sin.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM
 
77 posts, read 103,654 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If I may interject, your OP is the ONLY thing that sounds "extreme". You say to get angry, and that you do not tolerate ANYONE who views things differently than you.

People like YOU make me sick. People like YOU are the reason that unbelievers DON'T come to know Christ.

I don't expect this thread to stay up for too long. Get your hate filled words in while you can.

But dont you see, I dont say anything hateful. I promise you it is the most loving thing we can do as believers. As they say, hate the sin, love the sinner. I dont tolerate sin. Period. It's not negotiable. I will not coexist peacefully with those who are of the flesh. How dare you call me hate filled. I am filled with the holy ghost.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 12:38 PM
 
Location: New England
32,234 posts, read 21,119,376 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_is_written_10 View Post
Christians, we need to be more aggressive in dealing with sin. We can not coexist peacefully with unrepentant sinners. We must stand our ground and tell them they are wrong and yes be angry. We cant be fence sitters here. Fence sitters are useless to God. I am angry at the sin in this world and I call on others to be angry with me. We cannot back down because we are in the right and we cant be ashamed to proclaim it. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I will not tolerate anyone who opposes it. Loving your neighbor means telling them they are in sin and need to repent and Jesus never said to do it gently. If we do this, revival will sweep the nation. Halelujah to the lamb!

It's amazing how much stuff we believe that is not close to being scriptual,although very often it sounds wonderful prettied up with bible verses.


I find something daily in my own life that i thought was scriptual until i take a closer look at it and discover i believed something that i really gave no thought to.

And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God,slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. Exodus 34:6.

You say you are not tolerant with anyone who opposes it, yet in Romans 2 verse 4, it tells us he his tolerant and patient with us. So why do you believe what you believe, i don't think there is any grey area in this verse for you to misinterpret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top