U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Is the Pope a Christian?
Yes 14 70.00%
No 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 02-22-2011, 12:30 PM
 
3,652 posts, read 1,781,172 times
Reputation: 1028

Advertisements

Is the Pope a Christian?

 
Old 02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
 
4,791 posts, read 2,816,137 times
Reputation: 606
Yes Jesus called the Cardinal Ratizinger to be the Pope and changed his name to Pope Benedict XV1 , after the order of St. Benedict to come to the Church and clean it up like the St. Benedict , and all these child abuse cases proves that he is called to clean it up and God is exposing the error of lack of grace in some people in the church, and cleaning it up even if Pope Benedict likes it or not , and Jesus also called him to evangelize Europe one last time in these last days and apostasy spreads over Europe in these days ......... Jesus did that for his Children , Jesus does not call the lost people to do anything ........
 
Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Northern Va. from N.J.
4,244 posts, read 2,502,634 times
Reputation: 2299
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes Jesus called the Cardinal Ratizinger to be the Pope and changed his name to Pope Benedict XV1 , after the order of St. Benedict to come to the Church and clean it up like the St. Benedict , and all these child abuse cases proves that he is called to clean it up and God is exposing the error of lack of grace in some people in the church, and cleaning it up even if Pope Benedict likes it or not , and Jesus also called him to evangelize Europe one last time in these last days and apostasy spreads over Europe in these days ......... Jesus did that for his Children , Jesus does not call the lost people to do anything ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x_Qb...eature=related
 
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
4,663 posts, read 2,891,271 times
Reputation: 5809
Your'e joking right. Catholics were the first Christians!! Many other Christian groups broke with the Catholic Church for various and valid reasons!
 
Old 02-23-2011, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,966 posts, read 3,046,527 times
Reputation: 1524
Maybe he is really a Muslim, Jew, or Hindu. One can never tell anymore, apparently since people no longer allow one another to self-identify what their personal faith is. Yes, this is a sarcastic remark.
 
Old 02-23-2011, 11:42 AM
 
3,652 posts, read 1,781,172 times
Reputation: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Your'e joking right. Catholics were the first Christians!! Many other Christian groups broke with the Catholic Church for various and valid reasons!
No joke. What about the apostles that followed Jesus Christ and wrote the New Testament? Wouldn't they be the first Christians? Serious question. No jokes.
 
Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 AM
 
3,652 posts, read 1,781,172 times
Reputation: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Maybe he is really a Muslim, Jew, or Hindu. One can never tell anymore, apparently since people no longer allow one another to self-identify what their personal faith is. Yes, this is a sarcastic remark.
I am a Christian. Meaning I follow the teachings of Christ and not of man.
 
Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
35,916 posts, read 13,096,603 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Is the Pope a Christian?
No, you blew the joke. It's "Is the pope catholic?" and "does the bear poop in the woods?".
 
Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
16,535 posts, read 9,033,670 times
Reputation: 16563
I don't get it. Why would the Pope not be Christian?
 
Old 02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Little Elm, TX
6,950 posts, read 7,384,170 times
Reputation: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't get it. Why would the Pope not be Christian?
Well, would a servant allow others to exalt him and call him "father", when the glory should go to the only Father? Has he considered that the first will be the last? Has he really taken the attitude of Christ (as we should) to make himself of no reputation, taking the form of a servant (Phi 2:7)...and have your ring kissed !??

Mathew 23:9 - ...And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

I just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top