Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 01:17 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
John the baptist, being a Jew could not be vegetarian. He had to eat lamb for the passover at least once a year. The locusts he ate were the grasshopper type.
Amen.
The baptist of the House of Jacob. Which tribe? now that may be of importance to his teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 02:03 PM

Cited from a formal hebrew perspective gives clarity to Yohanan the Baptist.
Transliteration errors have been brought up more times than need be counted.
So concerning Locust and the Land reffering to the Torah,
the book of vayikra (leviticus) should give some understanding of certain instructions. Even the keenest may not have noticed.

Yoel,
And I will repay you for the years that
(]the increasing locust,
(]the nibbling locust,
(]the finishing locust,
and
(]the shearing locust have devoured-My great army, which I have sent against you.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:10 PM

Also something ive found to be disconcerting.
Tithes.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Cited from a formal hebrew perspective gives clarity to Yohanan the Baptist.
Transliteration errors have been brought up more times than need be counted.
So concerning Locust and the Land reffering to the Torah,
the book of vayikra (leviticus) should give some understanding of certain instructions. Even the keenest may not have noticed.

Yoel,
And I will repay you for the years that
(]the increasing locust,
(]the nibbling locust,
(]the finishing locust,
and
(]the shearing locust have devoured-My great army, which I have sent against you.
From this [locust] category, you may eat the following:
(]The red locust after its species,
(]the yellow locust after its species,
(]the spotted gray locust after its species
and
(]the white locust after its species.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 PM

It seems to me the lawless one is fighting the truth with nothing more than a bribe.

If anyone would like me to continue.
Just say so.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:58 AM

2 posts, read 545 times
Why would any decent person choose to find a way to justify killing or paying someone to kill? It is embarrassing and shameful to see people claiming to be Christians destroying the work of the Greatest Master to grace our earth, twisting and just plain outright ignoring the huge amount of evidence (all through out the bible starting at the beginning with Gen 1:29 which you obviously have never read) that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian and advocated a vegetarian diet.

As Christians you should be walking examples of Love and Compassion but sadly you are the opposite, anyone who eats animals is digging their way to hell with their forks and knives.

The bible has been heavily edited for the purpose of gaining mass followers, the more followers the more money, the more money the more power. Wake up people stop hiding behind false doctrine to justify your ignorance, you are not Christians unless you follow in the Great Masters foot steps, "Be Not among the meat eaters and wine drinkers" Wake Up! Wake Up!

Old 04-10-2020, 06:14 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Reading the new testament about the life of John the Baptist, it is said that he ate locusts and honey. I once attended a friend's church, I remember the Bishop in a sermon wrongly called John's diet to consist of locust grasshoppers and honey. I wonder how John, with a full schedule of preaching and baptism will chase after insect locusts all over the wilderness just to have a meal. I knew it was one of those wrong messages! The Holy Spirit had long explained that John ate locust beans and wild honey - a complete and strict vegetarian throughout his life.

He went vegan to be a holy vessel to accomplish his mission on earth which were to serve as a forerunner and to identify the Christ. His holy nature ensured he was able to witness the Holy spirit as it descended on Jesus during baptism, confirming that Jesus was the one and spiritually marking the end of his (John's) assignment on earth. After he accomplished that mission, he was killed, but not before Christ gave a very lavish praise on him. Christ confirmed he was very holy and told his audience that no man born of woman was as Holy as John except himself.

This leads me to the concept of Vegetarianism. In the beginning our father Adam and our mother Eve, ate vegan meals as commanded by God. Later on, after the floods, the commandment was lifted but for a reasonable temporary reason. Now that there are no floods, what prevents man from going back to the original commandment of God? Vegetarianism, is the ultimate show of love from one higher creature (man) to another lower creature (animals). The animals are our brothers - they have spirit, they have blood , they have instinct. It is just that God limited them in reasoning to allow us to have dominion over them according to His word. Should we lord it over them by killing them to feed ourselves? I think not.

In the scripture, God says thou shall not kill - that includes killing animals for food. By eating flesh, we encourage others to kill and we are also guilty of murder. Like all laws of nature, they must take effect. We may serve it in this world or in another incarnation. Matter of fact, when an animal is killed, it means a human being has also been killed. Why did Cain kill Abel? By sacrificing a fat ram to God, Abel spiritually killed a man and thereby caused his own death. These secrets are only revealed by the Holy spirit.

It is said that we are the temple of God and we must keep it holy, as the Holy Spirit lives in no other place apart from inside us. By not killing animals for food, we keep the temple clean and the Holy spirit dwells with us. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. With the burden of different types of flesh in our system how can we behold God or hear from God? Won't we be hearing from elementary spirits? Won't we be getting sick, seeing terrible dreams, and generally having problems?

Daniel experimented (for just 10days!) with a vegan diet in place of the king's delicacies and found himself looking fresher and better and God bestowed on him exceptional wisdom and understanding.

I think we should be all be looking to experience the same. Don't you?
John was commissioned with a special ministry - to pave the way for the coming of Messiah - to announce the DAY OF REPENTANCE.

It was REPENTANCE, not bug eating, that was the signature of John's ministry.

Jesus didn't come to the people of His day without REPENTANCE being demanded first. He won't come to anyone today without it either.

God will not answer the prayers of the SINNER the wicked the proud and the arrogant.

FIRST must come confession of SINs and an attitude that no SIN will be permitted in one's life ever after (to REPENT).

THEREFORE DID JOHN immerse those who came to him in an attitude of confession and repentance. They were symbolically buried (in water) to SIN and self and arose in new life and confession of God's ways.

John served repentance and hope to those who came to him, not a party plate of insect larva.

You miss the point with your assertion that mere diet will save you. It won't. Eat your bugs, but rather consume the necessary diet of repentance before God.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 04-10-2020, 06:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
John was commissioned with a special ministry - to pave the way for the coming of Messiah - to announce the DAY OF REPENTANCE.

It was REPENTANCE, not bug eating, that was the signature of John's ministry.

Jesus didn't come to the people of His day without REPENTANCE being demanded first. He won't come to anyone today without it either.

God will not answer the prayers of the SINNER the wicked the proud and the arrogant.

FIRST must come confession of SINs and an attitude that no SIN will be permitted in one's life ever after (to REPENT).

THEREFORE DID JOHN immerse those who came to him in an attitude of confession and repentance. They were symbolically buried (in water) to SIN and self and arose in new life and confession of God's ways.

John served repentance and hope to those who came to him, not a party plate of insect larva.

You miss the point with your assertion that mere diet will save you. It won't. Eat your bugs, but rather consume the necessary diet of repentance before God.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
What do you actually think repentance is ?. What is the fruit in your life that is displaying YOU have repented.

Old 04-10-2020, 08:17 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Jesus ate fish. Luke 24:42

Jesus ate lamb. Luke 22:7-8

Old 04-10-2020, 09:20 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Reading the new testament about the life of John the Baptist, it is said that he ate locusts and honey. I once attended a friend's church, I remember the Bishop in a sermon wrongly called John's diet to consist of locust grasshoppers and honey. I wonder how John, with a full schedule of preaching and baptism will chase after insect locusts all over the wilderness just to have a meal. I knew it was one of those wrong messages! The Holy Spirit had long explained that John ate locust beans and wild honey - a complete and strict vegetarian throughout his life.

He went vegan to be a holy vessel to accomplish his mission on earth which were to serve as a forerunner and to identify the Christ. His holy nature ensured he was able to witness the Holy spirit as it descended on Jesus during baptism, confirming that Jesus was the one and spiritually marking the end of his (John's) assignment on earth. After he accomplished that mission, he was killed, but not before Christ gave a very lavish praise on him. Christ confirmed he was very holy and told his audience that no man born of woman was as Holy as John except himself.

This leads me to the concept of Vegetarianism. In the beginning our father Adam and our mother Eve, ate vegan meals as commanded by God. Later on, after the floods, the commandment was lifted but for a reasonable temporary reason. Now that there are no floods, what prevents man from going back to the original commandment of God? Vegetarianism, is the ultimate show of love from one higher creature (man) to another lower creature (animals). The animals are our brothers - they have spirit, they have blood , they have instinct. It is just that God limited them in reasoning to allow us to have dominion over them according to His word. Should we lord it over them by killing them to feed ourselves? I think not.

In the scripture, God says thou shall not kill - that includes killing animals for food. By eating flesh, we encourage others to kill and we are also guilty of murder. Like all laws of nature, they must take effect. We may serve it in this world or in another incarnation. Matter of fact, when an animal is killed, it means a human being has also been killed. Why did Cain kill Abel? By sacrificing a fat ram to God, Abel spiritually killed a man and thereby caused his own death. These secrets are only revealed by the Holy spirit.

It is said that we are the temple of God and we must keep it holy, as the Holy Spirit lives in no other place apart from inside us. By not killing animals for food, we keep the temple clean and the Holy spirit dwells with us. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. With the burden of different types of flesh in our system how can we behold God or hear from God? Won't we be hearing from elementary spirits? Won't we be getting sick, seeing terrible dreams, and generally having problems?

Daniel experimented (for just 10days!) with a vegan diet in place of the king's delicacies and found himself looking fresher and better and God bestowed on him exceptional wisdom and understanding.

I think we should be all be looking to experience the same. Don't you?
So it's vegan to eat locusts? Honey is vegan? I thought vegans didn't eat any animal products.

Having said that, nowhere in Scripture does it suggest that John's diet was any sort of model for Christians to follow. In fact, it was represented as being strange and different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity