Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2017, 02:41 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,934,965 times

Advertisements

the claim that vegetarianism is the true teaching of God is a form of legalism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 03:46 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Fantastic post, sparrow.

It is amusing to hear people say that the concept of vegetarianism is not of God, but when I open my scripture, the first command the Almighty gave to his creature was to be vegans. Is it any surprise that they lived such long lives? Are our system really designed by the creator for flesh eating? Why has nobody learnt from Daniel who experimented the two diets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
With all due respect (you know I respect you) this is (from my perspective) about the safety and peace of fellow conscious living creatures. Not about what tastes good or about our safety.

You're right though - WE decide in these matters. When "right for ourselves" = "right for all" then this self administered hell will cease to exist.
Great, now that we've agreed that we individually decide in these matters, stop making those of us who eat meat into Godless animal abusing murderers. It is manipulative in the extreme, and it's wrong. If it didn't work when my parents did it, it is surely not going to work coming from you and others here. I am a spirit filled Christian, who eats meat. These things are not mutually exclusive. My conscience is clear on this. I apologize for being harsh, but being manipulated infuriates me.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
I am not vegetarian currently. I had been before but I dropped. However, I know that the right way to live is the vegan way and if it were possible, eat only fruits. Each time I eat flesh, I am in agony in my spirit, I know am doing wrong. I pray daily for God to forgive me and to give me the strength to start vegetarian diet by 30th march 2011, my cut off date. Each time I see videos of animals slaughtered, I get disturbed, I feel like my brother or friend is the one slaughtered that way.

I would like you to put me in your prayers, as all ability is given to man by God.

For these posts, I try to put out the awareness. The first step to doing right is for people to have the consciousness in a truthful manner. The excuse that people give is the Gen 9 verse, after the flood, but they often disregard the circumstances of that commandment, which was given because of the flood. God is not the author of confusion and that order is in no way superior to the original commandment at Eden, which we are all going back to. Its like animal sacrifices which was OK in the old testament. Would we do that now? Were they not in the dark ages? The Holy spirit has come to teach us all truth about God.
So you're a hypocrite. Got it.

Matthew 23: 1-4

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2*“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3*So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4*They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:20 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Why would somebody feel guilty about eating meat when sacrifices are set up to eat meat and it is demanded by God to eat meat?

You can't use the bible for a reason not to eat meat, there is a sacrifice that no man can eat of and this is the red heifer.

Hebrews
10We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. 11For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. 12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. 13Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. 14For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Jesus suffered outside the gate as the red Heifer and no man has the right to eat of the red heifer, but when Israel was in Egypt, it was DEMANDED that the sacrificial lamb was killed and EATEN.

Man cannot use the bible to say that the God of the bible wants you to become a vegetarian.

Mankind would not be here unless he began eating meat.

There is absolutely nothing in the bible that would lead a person to be a vegetarian.

For a Priest to say,'' COME, EAT OF MY FLESH,'' wasn't something unheard of, priests were set up to stand in the stead of the first born, to redeem the first born, any priest could say,'' COME, I AM A PASSOVER LAMB, EAT OF MY FLESH.''

Old 04-24-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
No.

First, there is no evidence that John ate "locust beans." Only idle speculation - and that speculation is deemed unlikely, as the locust trees from which these beans/pods would come were not common in the area at the time. Also, the Greek word ἀκρίδες never refers to anything but the insects.

Second, the "locusts and wild honey" comment simply points out something John ate, not everything he ate.

Third, John was a Nazrite. What he did or did not do is not the norm - not at the time, and not now.

Fourth, Acts 10:15 seems to indicate any & everything is fair game.

So... if a person wants to be a vegetarian, go for it. Vegan? Sure. But let's not claim that it's a God thing.
That's the first pun I've seen in this thread, and I've read the whole thing. Well played, Volvo.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's the first pun I've seen in this thread, and I've read the whole thing. Well played, Volvo.
Volvo is cool, I guess I can give that.

I have really been meditating on a nickname for Volvo, it hasn't come to me yet.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Why would somebody feel guilty about eating meat when sacrifices are set up to eat meat and it is demanded by God to eat meat?

You can't use the bible for a reason not to eat meat, there is a sacrifice that no man can eat of and this is the red heifer.

Hebrews
10We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. 11For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. 12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. 13Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. 14For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Jesus suffered outside the gate as the red Heifer and no man has the right to eat of the red heifer, but when Israel was in Egypt, it was DEMANDED that the sacrificial lamb was killed and EATEN.

Man cannot use the bible to say that the God of the bible wants you to become a vegetarian.

Mankind would not be here unless he began eating meat.

There is absolutely nothing in the bible that would lead a person to be a vegetarian.

For a Priest to say,'' COME, EAT OF MY FLESH,'' wasn't something unheard of, priests were set up to stand in the stead of the first born, to redeem the first born, any priest could say,'' COME, I AM A PASSOVER LAMB, EAT OF MY FLESH.''

Not quite. If He restored us back to the way we were in Gan Eden.....Peace

Old 04-24-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Volvo is cool, I guess I can give that.

I have really been meditating on a nickname for Volvo, it hasn't come to me yet.
Volvo does seem to be cool, so are you. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not quite. If He restored us back to the way we were in Gan Eden.....Peace
Do you know what the garden is?

The garden is a beautiful cherub without compare, his covering is of the most precious metals, and the most precious coverings on this Earth as he is a covering angel, the most beautiful of all.
Inside this covering, this robe, is Eve in the flesh, and Adam is inside in order to guide the entire creation.

A rib was taken from Adam's side in order to create a bride and we might just say that a priest was taken because priests stand as ribs.

Adam died.

Adam was lain down in a sleep of death having his chest cut open, and a rib taken.

Then there was Eve, Adam was a guiding spirit within Eve and the two were one as spirit and flesh.

Jesus was lain down in a sleep of death and from his own body came a bride, TWO.

The water and the blood.

WHY?

That is the question.

Why was a rib taken from ADAM, WHERE THERE WAS BLOOD AND WATER TAKEN FROM JESUS?

ONE RIB.

Then the blood and the water to create a new Adam?

Jesus is THE NEW ADAM, but what is different from the first Adam?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:03 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Do you know what the garden is?

The garden is a beautiful cherub without compare, his covering is of the most precious metals, and the most precious coverings on this Earth as he is a covering angel, the most beautiful of all.
Inside this covering, this robe, is Eve in the flesh, and Adam is inside in order to guide the entire creation.

A rib was taken from Adam's side in order to create a bride and we might just say that a priest was taken because priests stand as ribs.

Adam died.

Adam was lain down in a sleep of death having his chest cut open, and a rib taken.

Then there was Eve, Adam was a guiding spirit within Eve and the two were one as spirit and flesh.

Jesus was lain down in a sleep of death and from his own body came a bride, TWO.

The water and the blood.

WHY?

That is the question.

Why was a rib taken from ADAM, WHERE THERE WAS BLOOD AND WATER TAKEN FROM JESUS?

ONE RIB.

Then the blood and the water to create a new Adam?

Jesus is THE NEW ADAM, but what is different from the first Adam?

IMO, you're partially right. Gad Eden was the womb of the morning, ie. our mother, Wisdom. Adam was the covering cherub, whose stones were the stones of the High Priest's breastplate, those stones the same as the walls of the city New Jerusalem mother Wisdom built, coming down out of heaven (every good and PERFECT gift is from above); the fine linen the same as two virgin souls made one (a woman/two virgin souls made one, shall compass a man) as a covering for the Son (where two are you are gathered in my name/nature there I am in the midst of you). Shall I go back into my mother's womb and be born from above? YES, but not alone in the final calling in, because it is not good for man to be alone, and two by two they entered the Ark. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity