Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 01:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Where is the United States mentioned? I'm sorry for my ignorance but I've never heard of the United States being mentioned in the Bible.
Well...what does that have to do with anything. I don't read how atheists can not express believe in God yet be in heaven either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 01:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The name of Jesus Christ will not be found in the Old Testament, yet we see that He fulfilled 300 prophecies found in the Old Testament. The United States is similiar. Yet the prophecy of America is found in both the Old and New Testaments. And in fact, unless you read both Books the prophecy is not understandable. In the Old Testament we see America in Jer. 50 and 51. In the New Testament we see America in Rev. 18. Yet to understand the prophecy, both texts need to be considered. For many years I did not know about the United States being mentioned in the Bible either. Then the God of the Bible showed me the texts understanding on my wifes uncles farm up in northern Minnesota. The Bible does not always give formal names. Yet we can see who the Bible is speaking about by description.
Thank you for the clarification.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The name of Jesus Christ will not be found in the Old Testament, yet we see that He fulfilled 300 prophecies found in the Old Testament. The United States is similiar. Yet the prophecy of America is found in both the Old and New Testaments. And in fact, unless you read both Books the prophecy is not understandable. In the Old Testament we see America in Jer. 50 and 51. In the New Testament we see America in Rev. 18. Yet to understand the prophecy, both texts need to be considered. For many years I did not know about the United States being mentioned in the Bible either. Then the God of the Bible showed me the texts understanding on my wifes uncles farm up in northern Minnesota. The Bible does not always give formal names. Yet we can see who the Bible is speaking about by description.
You are just making stuff up Tom, you sound like a little kid that has been caught doing something they know they weren't supposed to do trying to talk their way out of it by telling absurdity after absurdity.

You have absolutely destroyed the line between reality and fantasy in your mind.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Well...what does that have to do with anything. I don't read how atheists can not express believe in God yet be in heaven either

What? I have no idea what you are trying to say. Your last sentence doesn't make any sense to me.
Campbell mentioned a prophecy about the United States in the Bible and I asked him where the United States is mentioned in the Bible. He explained what he was talking about and I thanked him.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
What? I have no idea what you are trying to say. Your last sentence doesn't make any sense to me.
Campbell mentioned a prophecy about the United States in the Bible and I asked him where the United States is mentioned in the Bible. He explained what he was talking about and I thanked him.
I'm saying that if your position is universally true (not reading about the US in the bible) then either your argument isn't correct or if it is...then there will be no atheists in heaven.

Why .......? Because "where is it mentioned in the Bible that an athesist can remain a athesist and still be in heaven?"

Old 02-26-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I'm saying that if your position is universally true (not reading about the US in the bible) then either your argument isn't correct or if it is...then there will be no atheists in heaven.

Why .......? Because "where is it mentioned in the Bible that an athesist can remain a athesist and still be in heaven?"
But my "argument" wasn't an argument - it was a question. I didn't say - the United States is NOT mentioned in the Bible. I said I didn't know that it was and I wanted to know where it was. I am no Bible expert and have never claimed to be one. I still don't understand what you are trying to say.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
But my "argument" wasn't an argument - it was a question. I didn't say - the United States is NOT mentioned in the Bible. I said I didn't know that it was and I wanted to know where it was. I am no Bible expert and have never claimed to be one. I still don't understand what you are trying to say.
Very simple...there is no reference to US in the Bible. Your question will go unanswered at best. For a response to be otherwise, takes for a lot of wishfull reading.

So it will be with the athesist. There are no athesists in heaven..it is an impossibility.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Very simple...there is no reference to US in the Bible. Your question will go unanswered at best. For a response to be otherwise, takes for a lot of wishfull reading.

So it will be with the athesist. There are no athesists in heaven..it is an impossibility.
So... you are saying that the United States is not mentioned in the Bible?

Why are you talking about atheists in heaven? Did someone bring that up?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Why are you talking about atheists in heaven? Did someone bring that up?
It's always an "us" and "them" mentality from the predominant or prevailing tendency of his own Spirit, which lacks understanding.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:11 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You are just making stuff up Tom, you sound like a little kid that has been caught doing something they know they weren't supposed to do trying to talk their way out of it by telling absurdity after absurdity.

You have absolutely destroyed the line between reality and fantasy in your mind.

Asheville Native, I try always to let the Bible do my talking. For in it's pages you will find my beliefs. And they are beliefs that are shared by so many others. I don't have to talk my way out of anything. I just leave all that up to God's Words of truth. And God's Word, is not an absurdity. It's a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity