Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I don't think so. Unborn children are not living souls. I think all the bloodshed of war is much more upsetting. Not that I advocate abortion, but the truth is that if my mother had terminated me during pregnancy, I'd have never known about it.

But I do cry a lot about all the real living souls in the world who are being murdered, bombed, burnt alive, starved, forgotten, and unloved.
If your morher had terminated you during pregnancy. You might not of known about it. Yet God would of. And the Old Testament shows us that such a killing is really murder. And America citizens have killed some 50 million such children. And the God of the Bible is aware of this as well. And in fact, America has sent tens of millions of dollars over seas in order that other woman my kill their children by abortion to. And God is aware of this to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 04:09 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If your morher had terminated you during pregnancy. You might not of known about it. Yet God would of. And the Old Testament shows us that such a killing is really murder. And America citizens have killed some 50 million such children. And the God of the Bible is aware of this as well. And in fact, America has sent tens of millions of dollars over seas in order that other woman my kill their children by abortion to. And God is aware of this to.
Murder is a matter in the heart of a person. There are women who wish they had never had children who do in fact, have them.

In fact, it is the seed of the woman who will bruise Satan's head. Do you know what that means? Also, Eve is the mother of all living. And our mother is the New Jerusalem above which is free. But I'm digressing here.

Do you think God is enraged about all our weapons of war? All the bombs and guns we sell? Just curious.

I will get back to the scriptures on the abortion issue when I have more time, (PHazelwood).

Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Of course it is, that is not the question I asked about.
Did you not read my entire response. I said I'd come back with scriptures when I had time.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Murder is a matter in the heart of a person. There are women who wish they had never had children who do in fact, have them.

In fact, it is the seed of the woman who will bruise Satan's head. Do you know what that means? Also, Eve is the mother of all living. And our mother is the New Jerusalem above which is free. But I'm digressing here.

Do you think God is enraged about all our weapons of war? All the bombs and guns we sell? Just curious.

I will get back to the scriptures on the abortion issue when I have more time, (PHazelwood).
Murder is the taking of an innocent human life.

Weapons of war are not evil in themselves. It is the use of those weapons by evil man that is wrong. Selling guns to evil men is equally wrong.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So are there billions of souls in heaven that were fertilized eggs that never implanted in the womb? Because estimates are that over 50% of fertilized eggs never implant and grow into humans. Would that make God a murderer? Or the mother?

Old 03-01-2011, 02:20 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Adulterers, fornicators, thieves, liars, murderers and so forth could all make the same argument; they can argue that they have a predisposition to do these things -- which is assuredly true. That's why Jesus said, "Ye must be born again". The old nature must be put to death so that a new nature comes forth, one that God approves of. If this born again experience is rejected, people remain sinners -- and God will eventually destroy them. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah.
Sodom and Gomorrah had nothing to do with homosexuality. I've read it word for word and can't figure out how anyone spins it that way. And being "born again" isn't some magical thing that changes someone's sexual orientation. At best, anti-gay Christians can scare gay people into believing they're sinning for being gay and get them to pretend to be what they aren't, leading lives of misery. If you truly cared about gay people, you would accept them for who they are and teach them how to lead a sexually moral life within their orientation.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Growing up I was taught that homosexuality was the ultimate sin against God and He would completely and totally destroy America if this country were to ever legalize it. The rational part of me says thats hogwash and the liberal Christian part of me says God is love and we are under the age of Grace and not the age of wrath. However, there is a part of me that, having heard the message of fire and brimstone every Sunday for 22 years, is a bit fearful of it happening. I look at things like the collapsing economy and skyrocketing oil prices and wonder if that may be punishment from God (Things spiraled out of control after California legalized gay marriage in Summer of 2008 but became relatively placid after Prop 8 passed until now when things are collapsing once again). I wonder if $100 oil and the crashing stock market has anything to do with Obama's DOMA policy? Does God still punish nations as in the Old Testament or does he deal more on an individual level in this age?

I find your post offensive; gay civil unions have been allowed in many countries for years already and they seem just fine..

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-02-2011, 01:50 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
actually God says one sin is not greater than another.sin is sin,it's all bad,and it all separates us from God..you know,like we're living now.but that won't be for eternity.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:34 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
actually God says one sin is not greater than another.sin is sin,it's all bad,and it all separates us from God..you know,like we're living now.but that won't be for eternity.
And they say justice is blind

Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,567 times
No, definitely no. He is going to destroy this dump because all kingdoms here end. This place is like all the others and, well, from the biblical perspective not mine necessarily, America is as much anti-christ in every way, just as any other group of idiots, errrrrrrrr, I mean group of dear people. Everything here is terminal, watch yourself in a mirror over the years, this nation is just like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity