Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62mike View Post
America has prospered and thrived because it supported God and His values. There has always been those who do not but as a nation we supported and we prospered. Just like all those who support Israel will be favored yet our government has distanced America over the last few years from Israel.

Whether you like her or not what she said was prophetic when she ran for President. Sarah Palin said, "being politically correct is killing this country". No truer words have been spoken by any candidate.
Values like GENOCIDE, SLAVERY, HATE, OPPRESSION, MISOGYNY, FEAR, GREED, DISCRIMINATION, MURDER, RAPE, INCEST, DUGGAR MOLESTATION, ADULTERY and this is all because of religion....

Obviously Palin's words about abstaining from SEX before marriage were a LIE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God will punish America for deserting Him. Legalizing gay marriage is just a part of that.
Absolute nonsense!

Old 06-27-2015, 11:00 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God will punish America for deserting Him. Legalizing gay marriage is just a part of that.
Like he punished Canada and all the European countries who legalized gay marriage years ago? You know, the countries that are all kicking America's butt on almost every single measurable standard of societal growth and stability?

Great. We could use some of that punishment, whatever it is.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:50 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Growing up I was taught that homosexuality was the ultimate sin against God and He would completely and totally destroy America if this country were to ever legalize it. The rational part of me says thats hogwash and the liberal Christian part of me says God is love and we are under the age of Grace and not the age of wrath. However, there is a part of me that, having heard the message of fire and brimstone every Sunday for 22 years, is a bit fearful of it happening. I look at things like the collapsing economy and skyrocketing oil prices and wonder if that may be punishment from God (Things spiraled out of control after California legalized gay marriage in Summer of 2008 but became relatively placid after Prop 8 passed until now when things are collapsing once again). I wonder if $100 oil and the crashing stock market has anything to do with Obama's DOMA policy? Does God still punish nations as in the Old Testament or does he deal more on an individual level in this age?
At the risk of going a little secular here, America will never be destroyed because the SCOTUS legalized gay marriage.

America began it's decent long before this and will not be destroyed by fire and brimstone raining out of the sky because of homosexuality. It will gradually descend into mediocrity and become a third-rate nation in about 100 years or so because of social and financial woes.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:22 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I believe if anything will destroy the good ol US of A, it is American christian conservativism.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:39 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
God's punishment sounds like a Moderator cut: bleep .

It is the wish of fundamentalist ideologues to be punished or enjoy punishment of others. It seems to be an erotic fantasy.

I say this because the idea of punishment seems to ooze from the pores of this ideology.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-28-2015 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: bleep

Old 06-28-2015, 11:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God's punishment sounds like a Moderator cut: bleep .

It is the wish of fundamentalist ideologues to be punished or enjoy punishment of others. It seems to be an erotic fantasy.

I say this because the idea of punishment seems to ooze from the pores of this ideology.

If we could only live in the spirit of Father forgive them and neither do i condemn you, go and live in peace.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-28-2015 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: bleep

Old 06-28-2015, 12:45 PM

1,400 posts, read 766,448 times
God is not going to destroy America. We're doing a fine job of it ourselves.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Sodom and Gomorrah is in the bible for a reason.. the wrath of God is real.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Sodom and Gomorrah is in the bible for a reason.. the wrath of God is real.
Jesus is in the bible for a reason too...

The LOVE of GOD IS REAL....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity