U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,197,872 times
Reputation: 892

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post



I did not contradict myself at all. The reason the AntiChrist will not give any credit to God is because he will tell everone that he is God. Universalims tells everyone it does not matter who you believe in, because God will save everyone anyway. The Antichrist will do great wonders to convince the people of earth that he is God. So most of the world will be convinced that he is. And the Antichrist will command that all worship him. And those who refuse will be put to death. There is nothing false about what I am saying here. You will find all of this in the Scriptures. And according to you who cares how many this man murders. We will all be in heaven together anyway. Even the one's doing the murdering.
You really don't know (or even care to know?) the first thing about what Christian biblical universalism teaches do you?

You really should take the time to at least understand what those whom you believe to be your theological opponents actually teach and believe in reality instead of making strawman arguments and then arguing against them as if you were making some profound points against Christian Universalism itself.

That just makes you come across as an amateur ...

 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Satan is ALREADY preaching that all men will be saved no matter what they do or believe. And yes, he will quote the Bible out of context and misquote other verses to sell the teaching.
Satan is preaching that? Do you go to his church or coven? Do you belong to a wichcraft group?

Does Universalism teach that all men will be saved no matter what they do or believe? It teaches that all mankind will be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind. You do believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 don't you? so why do you say that God is Satan?
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:34 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,673,656 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Universalism doesn't believe all world religions lead to God. At least not the Universalism I've been involved with for over 30 years.

Now the U/U church (Universalist/Unitarian church) *might* believe all religions lead to God. I don't know for sure. But no one I know believes that. We believe that if Jesus Christ did not die for our sins that no one could be saved. We also believe that because Jesus Christ died for our sins, this did not make salvation a possibility but a sure thing. His death actually accomplished something.

So do us a favor the next time you make unfounded statements; let us know if you are talking about the Universalist/Unitarian church or Christians who believe God will save all because Christ actually ransomed all.




Oh please, if salvation is a (SURE THING) then what difference does it make what God we follow. You said it yourself. "Christ actually ransomed all" So we can now all go out and worship the Devil. My statements are not unfounded. Every one gets saved according to you.
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,199 posts, read 20,112,421 times
Reputation: 22092
Geez people! Just let it go already! Love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, and so on and so forth.
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,673,656 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Satan is preaching that? Do you go to his church or coven? Do you belong to a wichcraft group?

Does Universalism teach that all men will be saved no matter what they do or believe? It teaches that all mankind will be saved because Christ ransomed all mankind. You do believe 1 Timothy 2:4-6 don't you? so why do you say that God is Satan?


The actual translation of 1 Tim. 2:4-6 states that God (WANTS) all men to be saved. God also wanted Eve not to sin in the garden. However God does not always get His way. And Eve sinned. And men are continually lost. And that is why we see in the Book of Revelation that those who worship the beast and receive his mark, will be tormented with fire, and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever.
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,567,956 times
Reputation: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Just wanted to say hell-o before this thread gets nuked!!
LOL Hell know? Yes, I've been in hell for some 48 years now.
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,567,956 times
Reputation: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Geez people! Just let it go already! Love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, and so on and so forth.
-- the "and so on and so forth" made me grin!
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:56 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The actual translation of 1 Tim. 2:4-6 states that God (WANTS) all men to be saved. God also wanted Eve not to sin in the garden. However God does not always get His way. And Eve sinned. And men are continually lost. And that is why we see in the Book of Revelation that those who worship the beast and receive his mark, will be tormented with fire, and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever.
I think you mean you have a version of the Bible that translated the Greek word thelo by the English word "wants." There are many translations which translated "thelo" in 1 Timothy 2:4 as "will" and "wills."

Why does "wants" not work in that verse? The reason why God "will" have all mankind to be saved" is given in 1 Timothy 2:6: "for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all."
All mankind have been ransomed. Anyone ransomed in the Bible must be freed. Look it up in the whole bible if you don't believe me. So why would God just want to save all mankind because Christ randomed all mankind when in fact God MUST save all mankind because all mankind have been ransomed?

Of course there will be those who will be adversly judged in Revelation. The smoke ascends for the ages of the ages which are the next two ages. It's not eternity. If for ever was an eternity how can you get past one for ever to have another for ever?
 
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,170 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Oh please, if salvation is a (SURE THING) then what difference does it make what God we follow. You said it yourself. "Christ actually ransomed all" So we can now all go out and worship the Devil. My statements are not unfounded. Every one gets saved according to you.
Well why would you want to go and do that if you have tasted the Lord is good ?,are you saying if you could get away with it, that is how you would live ?

I believe all will be saved.My desire is to be changed into His Image(2 Cor 3:18), so why would i want to worship the devil or live how i want ?.
 
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Oh please, if salvation is a (SURE THING) then what difference does it make what God we follow. You said it yourself. "Christ actually ransomed all" So we can now all go out and worship the Devil. My statements are not unfounded. Every one gets saved according to you.
It's not a matter of "we can now all go out and worship the Devil." People do that anyway. They don't know they've been ransomed.

But yes, of course, everyone in the world could be a Hitler, murderer or a Campbell34 and they will still eventually be saved because Christ ransomed them. You see Campbell34 you were saved not because you were better than Hitler but because you were ransomed.

Just because they will all be saved because Christ ransomed them all does not mean they will bypass judgment. They all will need set right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top