Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Satan is preaching that? Do you go to his church or coven? Do you belong to a wichcraft group?
No, I hear it right here on this forum.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Actually there is no difference they both twist the Truth of God.... because both believe "ALL" will be saved.
UR is just one of the paths that Universalist/Unitarian church believes that everyone will be saved regardless !!
So whether or whomever uses Jesus Christ, Buddha, Mohamed, anyone of them UU's, UR's, CU's, Islam, Buddhism, New Ager's, Mysticism, teaches the "ALL" factor that everyone will be saved in the end.
Which is the same as teaching that all roads lead to God and therefore is a heresy !!
So what you are essentially saying is that whoever disagrees with anything you currently believe to be true is twisting the truth. Far be it from the fundies to admit that tey might be wrong.

A wise person is certain only of uncertainty, and only then can one have true faith ... everything else is dogmatic delusion.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So what you are essentially saying is that whoever disagrees with anything you currently believe to be true is twisting the truth. Far be it from the fundies to admit that tey might be wrong.

A wise person is certain only of uncertainty, and only then can one have true faith ... everything else is dogmatic delusion.
one must say and do that which God has purposed them to do and do it quickly.....

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, (1Tim.4:1)

Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Cyber Munchkin I never came close to saying such a thing.

No i am saying God meets us on the path(road) we are on, maybe you will have the chance to converse with the Apostle Paul one day and hear from the horses mouth how that God met him, found him on a wrong road and on that wrong road revealed himself to Paul who he was and drew Paul to himself.

It's you christians who have sold your soul to fundamentalism who believe there is a road to be found that leads to God,there is no such thing, Salvation comes to us. The narrow road you think you found and think you are walking on, has nothing to do with the salvation of the New Covenant believer. There is nothing in the book of Acts or the rest of the epistles that comes close to saying there is a road that leads to God. Jesus is explicit about how we come to Him and it's by God himself drawing us to himself.
John 14:6 (NASB)
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 10:1
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber.

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, (1Tim.4:1)

Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber.

Cyber all you are doing is quoting scripture at me that do not back up that there is a road that leads you to God. Jesus is the way indeed, he also said ""No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him"

I will give you one guess why Jesus said this ?

The answer can be found in the questions Thomas and Phillip asked him in John 14. While you seek the answer, bear in mind the carnal mind has not got a clue about the things of God, so how could ever found a road that leads to God.

Do you understand that any gate sheep go through the shepherd (Jesus) is leading them through, the one behind the flock is the butcher.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Just from being here, I see it is far more prevalent and persistent than I thought and now I am seeing this:

Christian author's book sparks charges of heresy – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Awesome.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Actually there is no difference they both twist the Truth of God.... because both believe "ALL" will be saved.
UR is just one of the paths that Universalist/Unitarian church believes that everyone will be saved regardless !!
So whether or whomever uses Jesus Christ, Buddha, Mohamed, anyone of them UU's, UR's, CU's, Islam, Buddhism, New Ager's, Mysticism, teaches the "ALL" factor that everyone will be saved in the end.
Which is the same as teaching that all roads lead to God and therefore is a heresy !!
and two for INLC

Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

To the people of Jesus' time 300-500 years would have been seen as the LATTER times!!! What would YOU call what will occur in the year 2500 . . . current times? The mainstream churches have been already led astray in those latter days in the centuries following Jesus' death and rebirth as Spirit . . . and you are following the anti-Christ heresy that has been promoted by the "precepts and doctrines of men" for purposes of power and control. The heresy has been excused and explained away by "precepts and doctrines of men" calling evil good because supposedly God is doing it. The unmistakable evils that have been perpetrated throughout history in the name of these corruptions should be sufficient proof that God has had nothing to do with what you have been indoctrinated to follow . . . especially the RCC. I find it impossible to believe that such evil could ever be accepted as part of God's plan for anything! That shows the unbelievable power that turning "good into evil and evil into good" can do using twisted excuses, rationales and perpetuated ancient ignorance.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-03-2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
one must say and do that which God has purposed them to do and do it quickly.....

Like I said, you are obviously ignoring the fact that the apostasy took place hundreds of years ago when the roman state made christianity the theocracy of the state.

Keep burning witches in your heart, though I must say it does not become you ...

So long as you are reaping the riches of your supposed conqest spiritual warrior!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
To the people of Jesus' time 300-500 years would have been seen as the LATTER times!!! What would YOU call what will occur in the year 2500 . . . current times?
It didn't take that long, under their own authority.
They merely lifted up themselves, claiming subordination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity