Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

sciota, I asked you some questions and you failed to answer.

Here are the questions again:

Question #1 for sciota:
Tell me sciota, if a "for ever" or "forever" is eternity, how can one ever end for another ever to replace it, as in the phrase "for ever and ever"? And how it is the Bible says all the evers end if "for ever" is "eternal"?

Question #2 for sciota:
Tell me sciota, when the Bible states "Jesus lives for a thousand years" in Revelation 20:4, do you think Jesus is going to automatically die when the thousand years ends? _______ yes ________no

Question #3 for sciota:
And if you believe the answer is "no" above, why would you think God's glory is going to end when the final two eons or ages end?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
OMG how many times does this have to be discussed for you to understand that the narrow and wide gates are not talking about eternity.....it is the "destruction" of the "old man" that the wide gate leads to....nowhere does this passage imply anything about eternity. All those who are saved right now and in the past will enter through the narrow gate. If you could learn to look at things without such finality you might begin to understand where UR's are coming from.
Seriously?

I mean, really, SERIOUSLY?

You do realize that Jesus' teaching on the wide and narrow gates was a direct response to a question He was asked, right?

And you do know what that question was, don't you?

Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”Luke 13:23

Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Seriously?

You do realize that Jesus' teaching on the wide and narrow gates was a direct response to a question He was asked, right?

Gotta say, this is a darn good question, observation and implied point.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Seriously?

This is true. Obviously, the sinful nature is not destroyed by taking the broad road. If it was then Jesus would have told us to take the broad road, but He said we should take the narrow path. Those who do not take the narrow path, will be left outside.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is true. Obviously, the sinful nature is not destroyed by taking the broad road. If it was then Jesus would have told us to take the broad road, but He said we should take the narrow path. Those who do not take the narrow path, will be left outside.
The "I believe in Jesus and the bible" so i am on the narrow path is the most self righteous fallacy being banded out by christians.

Unless we are walking in the Spirit bearing the fruit of the Spirit, we can be on the broad road of life at any given moment,regardless of whether we believe in Jesus and the bible. A man including christians reaps what he sows.

It absolutely nothing to do with choosing a road, it's about doing what you know is right, knowing or believing is not putting you on the narrow road, doing is(which is being on it).

I can easier teach
twenty what were good to be done than to be one of the twenty to follow my own teaching...............Shakespeare

Old 03-08-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The "I believe in Jesus and the bible" so i am on the narrow path is the most self righteous fallacy being banded out by christians.
Let us know if you find someone preaching that.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
It's believed and preached by many on here.That believing in Jesus is the narrow path .

Whosever hears these sayings of mine and does them is the narrow path.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

So you are not on the narrow path?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I strive to be on it. But of course this is not about me. Let's NOT try to rate other people's spirituality. I have seen enough of that here.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It's a good question because according to his own belief(see post #234) he will be left outside if he's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity