U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,072,718 times

Advertisements

Does God only love those who love Him?

Does God's love for man stop when he dies?

If man doesn't love God, and doesn't come to the Light, then how is man saved?

Hope to see everyone's thoughts!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 AM

7,802 posts, read 6,575,611 times
God loves all......John 3: 16 `` For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten son , the whosoever believes in him should not perish , but have everlasting life...``.... the temporary life on the earth proves a man faith or no faith in God .... Luke 13: 2-5.....Jesus said ...``Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?....... I tell you , Nay; but except you repent , you shall all likewise perish........ Or those eighteen upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?....... I tell you Nay; but except you repent , you shall likewise perish``......If a man never come to the light he will Not be saved , but if he stops blaspheming the Lord and Believers pray then the Lord will remove the blaspheming dark spirit and then the man may Turn and repent to the Lord and be saved ........... See these are Jesus rules , but may not be the belief of modern Theologians , so who is going to Judge the people for salvation? Jesus or these Theologians

Old 03-05-2011, 06:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,072,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
God loves all......John 3: 16 `` For God so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten son , the whosoever believes in him should not perish , but have everlasting life...``.... the temporary life on the earth proves a man faith or no faith in God .... Luke 13: 2-5.....Jesus said ...``Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?....... I tell you , Nay; but except you repent , you shall all likewise perish........ Or those eighteen upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?....... I tell you Nay; but except you repent , you shall likewise perish``......If a man never come to the light he will Not be saved , but if he stops blaspheming the Lord and Believers pray then the Lord will remove the blaspheming dark spirit and then the man may Turn and repent to the Lord and be saved ........... See these are Jesus rules , but may not be the belief of modern Theologians , so who is going to Judge the people for salvation? Jesus or these Theologians
Yes, I agree that Jesus alone is judge. And I believe His judgments are just, not unjust.
God put all mankind in condemnation and death. All.
This was in order for Christ to be able to reign in all, in mercy, according to His plan and purposes. Imo, of course...

Blessings hljc!
Brian

Old 03-05-2011, 07:30 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,481,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
This was in order for Christ to be able to reign in all, in mercy, according to His plan and purposes. Imo, of course...

Blessings hljc!
Brian
I think your opinion aligns with God's opinion - imo of course.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,035,439 times
I would propose that there is no such thing as unconditional love.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I would propose that there is no such thing as unconditional love.
But while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us; doesn't sound like there were conditions...

Old 03-05-2011, 08:25 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,035,439 times
"whomsoever believeth"...

sounds like one.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:58 AM

7,508 posts, read 3,568,902 times
My class was talking about those question, why does God seem to love only those who "choose" to love him? Well, we can't love God to begin with. John says "We loved because he FIRST loved us". I think we are all born with the capability to love others, but I still believe that God first loved us that it gave us the ability to love others, espcially our enemies.

Just my two cents.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:09 PM

29,750 posts, read 19,739,561 times
It's an hard one to swallow and definitely hard on our old nature(carnal mind), but unless we can see God in our neighbor and nothing else, we can never love like God does.I feel totally helpless while i am writing this,because to love like he does requires a supernatural transformation of my eye sight to love like that.

Bottom line is,if we are not seeing God in our neighbor there is only one person we are seeing......Self.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's an hard one to swallow and definitely hard on our old nature(carnal mind), but unless we can see God in our neighbor and nothing else, we can never love like God does.I feel totally helpless while i am writing this,because to love like he does requires a supernatural transformation of my eye sight to love like that.

Bottom line is,if we are not seeing God in our neighbor there is only one person we are seeing......Self.
It's impossible for man to experience agape love in the sense of giving, but as His vessels we should at least see the Price paid for them when we look at others.

I believe of course that as the new nature completely envelopes us, we will know what it's like to love like He does - if we know as we're known, then understanding will flood our beings about why people are the way they are; we'll know what drove the druggy to get strung out, what defect is the pedophile to cause him to be the way he is, the truth about hurting people hurting people, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or