Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times

Advertisements

Mike555 wrote:
Quote:
SoCalAngel, it is not love that removes sin.
Well, there is your problem, Mike. You so underestimate the power of God's Love. Without the love of God, nothing else matters. Or have you forgotten that God SO LOVED the world...? Everything you teach is taught as some type of legal matter alone. Love cuts through all the legal red-tape. Jesus demonstrated that. There are too many cold and callous souls who use the law illegally to entrap others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 09:38 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I'm happy you looked at that website, because it is there that you will find the Truths of God.
To the contrary. There is no truth to be found on that website. Someone has written things claiming that they are from Jesus Christ. Yet they are in total opposition to God's revealed truth as set forth in the Scriptures.

Quote:
If you will allow your soul to awaken and receive God's Divine Love, it is our soul which knows the Truth, as our minds are infallible and prone to error. The Bible was re-written many times throughout the centuries and Jesus' teachings were lost. Men, who were the leaders of churches back then, came up with most of the Bible stories and they are symbolic and many are not accurate.
God promised that His words will never pass away. Matthew 24:35 ''Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall not pass away.

The bible that we have accurately communicates the doctrinal truths that were penned in the original autographs. Nothing has been lost. Although the principle of inerrancy applies only to the original autographs, the variations in the manuscript copies do not change anything of doctrinal importance.The idea that the Bible has been so altered that it cannot be trusted is a Satanic attack on God's word.

John 4:24 ''God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in [the filling of the ] Spirit and in [Biblical] truth.''

Quote:
There is no Satan, or Devil or Fallen Angels.
That is exactly what Satan wants the human race to believe. It makes it easier for him to deceive the world.

Quote:
For all Truth, go to God and ask Him and He will lead you.
If a person honestly desires the truth then God will reveal the truth. Anyone can make the claim that they desire the truth when in fact they are interested only in using the truth to disguise a lie. '...a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough' (1 Cor 5:6).

Also, 'there is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death '(Proverbs 14:12).

Quote:
God's Divine Love is the "Christ principle." It's what Jesus became when he was filled with it and he became immortal and divine and his teachings are that we can all become as he did and not wait until we pass over.

Our loving Heavenly Father did not send Jesus to die on the cross, but to bring life to us and that life is His Divine Love. So it is up to us to either accept it or reject it. We know that one day this privilege of receiving it will be removed and when this happens, no one will be able to receive it. So this is why I share it with all of you here. It is the decree of our Heavenly Father that all should know the Truth.

Blessings in Divine Love.
SoCalAngel, you have been deceived. What you share comes from Satan. Not from God. Jesus came into the world to go to the cross and be judged for the sins of the world so that the penalty for sin which the righteousness of God demanded could be paid.

SoCalAngel, if before you got caught up in this 'Divine love' movement you never understood the issue concerning eternal salvation and placed your trust in the Jesus Christ of the Bible instead of this false Jesus - this 'other Jesus' of which you speak, then you remain lost and under condemnation and your way is the way of death. Not life.

I hope you will take heed and give credence to what I have said.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Mike555 wrote:

Well, there is your problem, Mike. You so underestimate the power of God's Love. Without the love of God, nothing else matters. Or have you forgotten that God SO LOVED the world...? Everything you teach is taught as some type of legal matter alone. Love cuts through all the legal red-tape. Jesus demonstrated that. There are too many cold and callous souls who use the law illegally to entrap others.
God's love motivated Him to provide salvation. But it was God's justice which actually accomplished salvation. Salvation is possible only because of a judical imputation of man's sins to Jesus Christ on the cross, and a judical imputation of God's very own righteousness to the one who trusts in Christ for salvation. God's justice condemns man at the point of physical birth, and God's justice provides salvation for those who place their faith in Christ on the basis of His work on the cross. Gods' love cannot save sinful man. If it could have then the cross would never have been neccessary. God's love could only motivate Him to provide the means of salvation.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
My ashes will spend eternity drifting in the ocean or being blown across a mountain or something like that. My life energy will be released back into the energy of the world and I will cease to be. That is what I believe.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God's love motivated Him to provide salvation. But it was God's justice which actually accomplished salvation. Salvation is possible only because of a judical imputation of man's sins to Jesus Christ on the cross, and a judical imputation of God's very own righteousness to the one who trusts in Christ for salvation. God's justice condemns man at the point of physical birth, and God's justice provides salvation for those who place their faith in Christ on the basis of His work on the cross. Gods' love cannot save sinful man. If it could have then the cross would never have been neccessary. God's love could only motivate Him to provide the means of salvation.
It's either unmerited grace, or merited grace. If we do something to obtain His grace, then it is merited. I want to trust in God's unmerited grace. I hope you will, too!

Threats, extortion, intimidation... God's plan through Jesus Christ contains none of this unmerited grace. That's why Jesus Christ has justified ALL mankind, Mike. I know you don't agree, but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ is the Last ADAM. We have all taken His image upon us; we have new dna. Holy dna.

Jesus came and saved me, it wasn't me who was looking for Him. HE is the one who changed my heart.

If God saved me, I am confident that He can and will save all in due time.

Blessings Mike,
brian

Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Mike !!
What you share with the world is God's perfect promise through His Son Jesus Christ..... Yes, people will never be disappointed it is a satisfaction guaranteed, guaranteed for all eternity.
A promise that is pure with no hidden additives that one will never be disappointed or will regret taking in for their spirit, soul, and body.... amen !!

Some will come along who have sold out to the generic which has many additives and definitely not patented by God......, and they'll find out at the end.... it had no satisfaction guarantee with no returns !!!
Amen, CM!! Eternal salvation is as easy as believing in Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the life. He is the only door to salvation. Yet so many try to enter into eternal life through some other way.

Eternal salvation is free for us because Jesus Christ paid for that salvation. He purchased man from the slave market of sin. He opened the door of the prison into which sin had placed man. We need only walk through the open door to freedom and eternal life through a non-meritorious act of faith in Jesus Christ. And once saved, salvation can never be lost. Salvation is a free gift (John 4:10; Rom 5:15; 2 Cor 9:15) which is taken possession of through faith alone in Christ alone, and the gifts of God are irrevocable (Rom 11:29).

Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
To the contrary. There is no truth to be found on that website. Someone has written things claiming that they are from Jesus Christ. Yet they are in total opposition to God's revealed truth as set forth in the Scriptures.

John 4:24 ''God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in [the filling of the ] Spirit and in [Biblical] truth.''

SoCalAngel, you have been deceived. What you share comes from Satan. Not from God. Jesus came into the world to go to the cross and be judged for the sins of the world so that the penalty for sin which the righteousness of God demanded could be paid.

SoCalAngel, if before you got caught up in this 'Divine love' movement you never understood the issue concerning eternal salvation and placed your trust in the Jesus Christ of the Bible instead of this false Jesus - this 'other Jesus' of which you speak, then you remain lost and under condemnation and your way is the way of death. Not life.

I hope you will take heed and give credence to what I have said.
Well, my dear, we will have to agree to disagree. I love Jesus as much as you do and he has come to me and I have felt his presence and he has poured his love on me, which is a different love than God's Divine Love. He is a special part of my life and I know that he is my Brother in Christ and I will be living where he lives one day. As always, God is knocking on the door to our hearts and is patiently waiting for us to answer. I have welcomed Him into my heart and soul and as I follow His will, His Holy Spirit showers me with more and more of His awesome Love. May all of God's children experience this amazing grace which is God's free gift to us at this time.

Blessings in Divine Love.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:16 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Do you know what will happen to you after you die? Do you ever wonder? Do you care? Does the thought of death frighten you? Do you believe in God? Have you ever wondered how to have a relationship with Him? These are supremely important questions. .
Mike I agree these are very important questions. I have answered 'No' to each one.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
P.S. Mike:

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 1Peter 4:8

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It's either unmerited grace, or merited grace. If we do something to obtain His grace, then it is merited. I want to trust in God's unmerited grace. I hope you will, too!
Grace is everything that God is able to do for man on the basis of the cross. It is through non-meritorius faith in Christ Jesus that the work of Christ on the cross is appropriated resulting in eternal salvation.

Eph 2:8 'For by grace you have been saved THROUGH FAITH...''

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.''

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Failure to believe in Jesus Christ for eternal salvation before a person dies results in eternal separation from God.

Quote:
Threats, extortion, intimidation... God's plan through Jesus Christ contains none of this unmerited grace. That's why Jesus Christ has justified ALL mankind, Mike. I know you don't agree, but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus Christ is the Last ADAM. We have all taken His image upon us; we have new dna. Holy dna.

Jesus came and saved me, it wasn't me who was looking for Him. HE is the one who changed my heart.

If God saved me, I am confident that He can and will save all in due time.

Blessings Mike,
brian
You mean these 'threats'?

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.''

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.''

Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world. But only those who believe in Jesus Christ are justified.

Romans 4:5 'But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness. Everyone is ungodly at the point of faith in Christ. It is at the moment of faith in Christ that God justifies the ungodly. At the moment of faith in Christ, God imputes His righteousness to the one who has believed and then pronounces him justified on the basis of having been imputed with God's righteousness. No one is justified until they personally believe in Jesus Christ.

You continually promote a false gospel. Refer to what Paul had to say about those who do so. Galatians 1:6-9.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity