U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,289,091 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,
yesterday the thought came to me, that some here seem to reject the idea that God will save all mankind, because believing such a thing would somehow "lead them to sin."

Or that having "free salvation" puts one at risk of "losing control" and sinning a whole bunch.

Are you afraid of sinning? (If you are, then you are not yet free, my friend!)

Is the thought of God having done everything necessary for you to enter heaven "too good to be true?"
Does it make you nervous to think that you have free access to the New Adam Life within you? Does that scare you?

Did you know that God made you a sinner, and is now going to make you a saint (through His Son) ?

Would you prefer to continue struggling with sin, rather than just accept the simple fact that God LOVES you?

Is it hard for you to believe that God could just Love you anyway?

Did you know that the Power of God's Love is sufficient to keep you righteous?

In my own small experience, it was the message of God's salvation for ALL mankind that made me want to seek Him more!! Contrary to accusations that UR "leads people to sinning," I have personally discovered the opposite! The thought of God's salvation reaching all humanity is WONDERFUL, and WORTHY of Praise!

God loves you! Not because of anything we ourselves have done, because we could do nothing without Him.
No. He loves you because HE planned it that way!

God loves sinners. God changes sinners. God will have His perfect will done. And that will involves giving YOU His LIFE!

Blessings!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 AM

Default The Adamic Nature

The Old Adam nature brings us down.
When we feel unloved, despised, unwanted, rejected, etc.. this is partly due to the Old Adamic nature which we have inherited.

But it is also due to the religious teachings that we have been taught in sunday school.
Churches have no problem understanding that mankind has inherited the Old Adamic Nature. They see it in the world around them: suffering, fighting, pain, confusion, depression, deception, etc.

And this Old Adamic nature still speaks from the pulpits today, telling people that they are sinners because of this Old Adam. It is his "fault," and we can do nothing at all but accept this cold hard fact of life. We are all "in Adam."

Fortunately, the story has only been half told!
That Old Adamic Nature was put to death at Calvary. God "rebooted" mankind through Jesus Christ, who is the Last Adam.
Therefore, what we are in at this present time, is the beginnings of a New Day. The Day of Righteousness is beginning to dawn, starting with Jesus' resurrection and the early church. (and oh how beautiful it must have been for those hungry people back then, to see this New Day dawning!!)

The Old Adam, although quite dead, still "stinks," and still tries to make headway into humanity.
But the New Adam is slowly birthing a people who are "chosen" in this earthly realm, and who will lead the rest into the Promised Land, a True Eden.

So who are you seeing in the world around you today?
Are you still seeing only the "stink" of the Old Adam, which has been removed at Calvary?
Or are you seeing Christ in us, the New Adam, slowly bringing mankind round until His Righteousness fills the earth?

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-11-2011, 07:55 AM

910 posts, read 1,084,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The Old Adam nature brings us down.
When we feel unloved, despised, unwanted, rejected, etc.. this is partly due to the Old Adamic nature which we have inherited.

But it is also due to the religious teachings that we have been taught in sunday school.
Churches have no problem understanding that mankind has inherited the Old Adamic Nature. They see it in the world around them: suffering, fighting, pain, confusion, depression, deception, etc.

And this Old Adamic nature still speaks from the pulpits today, telling people that they are sinners because of this Old Adam. It is his "fault," and we can do nothing at all but accept this cold hard fact of life. We are all "in Adam."

Fortunately, the story has only been half told!
That Old Adamic Nature was put to death at Calvary. God "rebooted" mankind through Jesus Christ, who is the Last Adam.
Therefore, what we are in at this present time, is the beginnings of a New Day. The Day of Righteousness is beginning to dawn, starting with Jesus' resurrection and the early church. (and oh how beautiful it must have been for those hungry people back then, to see this New Day dawning!!)

The Old Adam, although quite dead, still "stinks," and still tries to make headway into humanity.
But the New Adam is slowly birthing a people who are "chosen" in this earthly realm, and who will lead the rest into the Promised Land, a True Eden.

So who are you seeing in the world around you today?
Are you still seeing only the "stink" of the Old Adam, which has been removed at Calvary?
Or are you seeing Christ in us, the New Adam, slowly bringing mankind round until His Righteousness fills the earth?

Blessings!
brian

But we all need to make the effort to keep the old adam in check and when we fail, to ask for the face of God through that sacred blood! Wonderful post!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:21 AM

63,056 posts, read 34,342,805 times
Quote:
Hi folks, yesterday the thought came to me, that some here seem to reject the idea that God will save all mankind, because believing such a thing would somehow "lead them to sin."

Or that having "free salvation" puts one at risk of "losing control" and sinning a whole bunch.
I don't know what the above means (believing in ur will lead them to sin). Salvation is free so I don't understand the second part either. To be saved, all you have to do is belive. No need for payment. But of course it is not a licence to sin.

Your message here seems to be "don't be afraid to sin" is a strange one. As a believer I have a Spirit given desire to avoid sin.

Who would say "don't be afraid to sin, because God's love saves everyone". Whose message is that, if not Satan's?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know what the above means (believing in ur will lead them to sin). Salvation is free so I don't understand the second part either. To be saved, all you have to do is belive. No need for payment. But of course it is not a licence to sin.
I've read a lot of posts saying that believing that God will save everyone "gives us a license to sin."

But in my experience, it actually drew me closer to Him!

Of course, I can't speak for others..
But for me, the message of reconciliation of all souls to God was only more reason to praise Him!

Blessings Finn,
brian

Old 03-11-2011, 08:38 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,839,263 times
We should not be afraid of sinning as far as living life, making choices and doing the best we can or making judgment calls in hard to descern areas to the piont that we think God is going to look down upon us in shame if we don't get it right.

However, I think there is a measure of respect to the consequenses of intentional actions that we know can hurt people that everyone should consider, I don't think we get off scott free for those, I really don't.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
In other words, behave like a small child, misbehave to garner attention?
Do you think God loves you any less?

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,263,714 times
Quote:

Your message here seems to be "don't be afraid to sin" is a strange one. As a believer I have a Spirit given desire to avoid sin.

Who would say "don't be afraid to sin, because God's love saves everyone". Whose message is that, if not Satan's?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:

(This is a response to the second half of the post, which you added later.)

First: people who disagree with the idea that God can save everyone tend to reason that "if everyone is going to be saved, then I might as well sin!"
Of course, that shouldn't be the thinking of a Christian... oh, well..

Second: I'm glad that you have a desire to not sin. You will also be given a desire to do good, which replaces the desire to avoid sin. (being a Christian isn't about "avoiding sin," but about "living the Christlife continually."

Third: the last paragraph is inaccurate.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,964,060 times
Quote:
Do you think God loves you any less?

Blessings,
brian
As there are no gods, it's not a thought that ever crossed my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or