Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:02 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

The Israelites were commanded to move through the wilderness before reaching the Promised Land. Each day they had to keep moving. Forward. Forward. The bread of yesterday was no longer good today. They had to have fresh manna coming from Moses.

Are we moving on in Christ? Or are we feeding on yesterday's old manna?

Let me give you an example.

The fresh manna in Moses' day was "an eye for an eye." Retribution.

When Jesus came, He brought fresh bread with Him: "Love your enemies."

But this fresh manna was rejected by those who wanted to stick with the old manna.

Jesus was giving the world fresh manna to eat; what He heard from the Father was fresh daily, and was not found in the Old Testament's old manna. The people had to move on, had to be ready to hear new things, had to learn to discern the new from the old.

The people who were best able to discern this new manna were those who were hungering for it: the prostitutes, the poor, the outcasts, the "unclean." They were the ones who were not satisfied with the old manna that was being offered to them by the Pharisees. They wanted more. And Jesus gave it to them.

But envious religious spirits wouldn't have Him giving people new manna. They said that He was a deceiver and a sinner. What He said didn't line up with their old manna, and so they persecuted Him and nailed Him to a cross of wood. They (the religious) rejected the new manna from heaven. They refused to move on, to hear what God was doing "today." They wanted their old manna, which was quickly growing stale and moldy.

Likewise, the same is true for us all today.

The manna of the Spirit of God is not to be found in the Scriptures, although the scriptures can help us to some degree.

But the true question to the Christian today, is whether or not he/she is able to hear the Spirit speaking within his/her own heart, and to trust that Voice. It is not enough to say, "I believe the Bible." The Bible is the old manna, which is not fresh enough to satisfy our souls today.

Scriptures can be used to defend any doctrine, creed or denomination. But the manna from heaven, the Spirit of God within us, is the only True Manna that God is asking us to seek.

Just as Jesus was persecuted by the religious for eating "fresh manna from the Father," rather than eating the old manna of the Law which was in the process of fading away; so today, we risk feeding off the old manna of what is written on pages, rather than what is written in our hearts.

What is written in our hearts is the TRUE manna; it is the Holiest part of what God is giving us, and it is the hardest part to focus on.

Focusing on the Bible is easy. But it is not the fresh manna that we need TODAY. The manna which we REALLY need, is in our hearts, TODAY, and EVERY DAY, NEW like the air we breathe.

We cannot live on stale air.

So too, we cannot live on stale words of scripture. We must live on the Breath of God alone, within us.

Are you eating fresh manna today, or stale manna of yesterday?

Blessings to all in Jesus' name,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 06:25 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
It was a good post, but I do have to say that I disagree with your assertions about scripture being 'old mana', because even Jesus said we live on EVERY Word that cometh out of God.

The scriptures have NEVER been old mana, but the bread which has, had, and is coming out of heaven.

If it was the Law you were putting in there, as old, I would agree. But not the scriptures as a whole.

Good post though!!

Old 03-13-2011, 07:42 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The Israelites were commanded to move through the wilderness before reaching the Promised Land.
1And it came to pass after the plague, that the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Eleazar the son of Aaron the priest, saying, 2Take the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, from twenty years old and upward, throughout their fathers' house, all that are able to go to war in Israel. 3And Moses and Eleazar the priest spake with them in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying, 4Take the sum of the people, from twenty years old and upward; as the LORD commanded Moses and the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt.

5Reuben, the eldest son of Israel: the children of Reuben;...and they that were numbered of them were forty and three thousand and seven hundred and thirty. 8And the sons of Pallu; Eliab. 9And the sons of Eliab;... who strove against Moses and against Aaron in the company of Korah, when they strove against the LORD: 10And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign. 11Notwithstanding the children of Korah died not.
12The sons of Simeon after their families: of Nemuel, the family of the Nemuelites: of Jamin, the family of the Jaminites: of Jachin, the family of the Jachinites: 13Of Zerah, the family of the Zarhites: of Shaul, the family of the Shaulites. 14These are the families of the Simeonites, twenty and two thousand and two hundred.
15The children of Gad after their families:...18These are the families of the children of Gad according to those that were numbered of them, forty thousand and five hundred.
19The sons of Judah were Er and Onan:...22These are the families of Judah according to those that were numbered of them, threescore and sixteen thousand and five hundred.
23Of the sons of Issachar after their families:...25These are the families of Issachar according to those that were numbered of them, threescore and four thousand and three hundred.
26Of the sons of Zebulun after their families:...27These are the families of the Zebulunites according to those that were numbered of them, threescore thousand and five hundred.
28The sons of Joseph after their families were Manasseh and Ephraim...34These are the families of Manasseh, and those that were numbered of them, fifty and two thousand and seven hundred.
35These are the sons of Ephraim after their families:...37These are the families of the sons of Ephraim according to those that were numbered of them, thirty and two thousand and five hundred. These are the sons of Joseph after their families.
38The sons of Benjamin after their families:...41These are the sons of Benjamin after their families: and they that were numbered of them were forty and five thousand and six hundred.
42These are the sons of Dan after their families:...43All the families of the Shuhamites, according to those that were numbered of them, were threescore and four thousand and four hundred.
44Of the children of Asher after their families:...47These are the families of the sons of Asher according to those that were numbered of them; who were fifty and three thousand and four hundred.
48Of the sons of Naphtali after their families:...50These are the families of Naphtali according to their families: and they that were numbered of them were forty and five thousand and four hundred.
51These were the numbered of the children of Israel, six hundred thousand and a thousand seven hundred and thirty.
52And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 53Unto these the land shall be divided for an inheritance according to the number of names. 54To many thou shalt give the more inheritance, and to few thou shalt give the less inheritance: to every one shall his inheritance be given according to those that were numbered of him. 55Notwithstanding the land shall be divided by lot: according to the names of the tribes of their fathers they shall inherit. 56According to the lot shall the possession thereof be divided between many and few.
57And these are they that were numbered of the Levites after their families:... 62And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.
63These are they that were numbered by Moses and Eleazar the priest, who numbered the children of Israel in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho. 64But among these there was not a man of them whom Moses and Aaron the priest numbered, when they numbered the children of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai. 65For the LORD had said of them, They shall surely die in the wilderness. And there was not left a man of them, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

And none of them above the age of twenty saw the promised land. Why? UNBELIEF!!! Unbelief in what? THE WORD OF GOD!!! What is the Word of God? MANNA FROM HEAVEN!!! ALL! OF! IT!...FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION!...EVERY SINGLE, SOLITARY, PRECIOUS!, GOD BREATHED! WORD OF IT AND IN IT!!!

The rest of your post...I am not even going to give the time of day!

In God's TRUTH!
Verna.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The Israelites were commanded to move through the wilderness before reaching the Promised Land. Each day they had to keep moving. Forward. Forward. The bread of yesterday was no longer good today. They had to have fresh manna coming from Moses.

Are we moving on in Christ? Or are we feeding on yesterday's old manna?

Let me give you an example.

The fresh manna in Moses' day was "an eye for an eye." Retribution.

When Jesus came, He brought fresh bread with Him: "Love your enemies."

But this fresh manna was rejected by those who wanted to stick with the old manna.

Jesus was giving the world fresh manna to eat; what He heard from the Father was fresh daily, and was not found in the Old Testament's old manna. The people had to move on, had to be ready to hear new things, had to learn to discern the new from the old.

The people who were best able to discern this new manna were those who were hungering for it: the prostitutes, the poor, the outcasts, the "unclean." They were the ones who were not satisfied with the old manna that was being offered to them by the Pharisees. They wanted more. And Jesus gave it to them.

But envious religious spirits wouldn't have Him giving people new manna. They said that He was a deceiver and a sinner. What He said didn't line up with their old manna, and so they persecuted Him and nailed Him to a cross of wood. They (the religious) rejected the new manna from heaven. They refused to move on, to hear what God was doing "today." They wanted their old manna, which was quickly growing stale and moldy.

Likewise, the same is true for us all today.

The manna of the Spirit of God is not to be found in the Scriptures, although the scriptures can help us to some degree.

But the true question to the Christian today, is whether or not he/she is able to hear the Spirit speaking within his/her own heart, and to trust that Voice. It is not enough to say, "I believe the Bible." The Bible is the old manna, which is not fresh enough to satisfy our souls today.

Scriptures can be used to defend any doctrine, creed or denomination. But the manna from heaven, the Spirit of God within us, is the only True Manna that God is asking us to seek.

Just as Jesus was persecuted by the religious for eating "fresh manna from the Father," rather than eating the old manna of the Law which was in the process of fading away; so today, we risk feeding off the old manna of what is written on pages, rather than what is written in our hearts.

What is written in our hearts is the TRUE manna; it is the Holiest part of what God is giving us, and it is the hardest part to focus on.

Focusing on the Bible is easy. But it is not the fresh manna that we need TODAY. The manna which we REALLY need, is in our hearts, TODAY, and EVERY DAY, NEW like the air we breathe.

We cannot live on stale air.

So too, we cannot live on stale words of scripture. We must live on the Breath of God alone, within us.

Are you eating fresh manna today, or stale manna of yesterday?

Blessings to all in Jesus' name,
brian
This whole OP is a counterfeit to deceive many from the Truth of God's will, words and way !!

Matthew 24:23-25
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
25 See, I have told you beforehand.

Though it is a great example of Satan coming as the light to deceive the hearts of many. It all sounds spiritual but it is nothing but deception from Satan, full of lies and so far from the truth of God's word to the world.....

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Jesus is the way, truth and the Life. He came to fulfill the Law, commandments of God.... not abolish them !! There is no new manna as the OP is trying to deceive many to believe. God is the same today, as He has been since the creation of the world. God does not change as the OP wants you to believe..... “ For I am the LORD, I do not change. (Malachi 3:6)
When someone speaks to you that Jesus has brought something new thing in this case manna, run from it, it is one of the false christ's that Jesus spoke about in the holy word that will be here in the last days by which we are seeing many like this proclaiming to have God's truth, not !!!

Another thing to point out..... God the Holy Spirit will never tell or lead one astray from His precious word and especially telling someone not to read the scriptures as a matter of fact He tells us to weigh what we hear or read like this statement..."The manna of the Spirit of God is not to be found in the Scriptures, although the scriptures can help us to some degree"............against the Scriptures to see if it stands with the truth of God's word OR not..... now that statement is deceiving, a lie from Satan, he doesn't want one to read, study or even know, be familiar with the word of God..... because then one can not discern truth from error.

Please take heed get into the word of God, let the Holy Spirit seal you, filling you to the fullest from head to toe, planting every word of God into your heart.
Jesus said, He would send us the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom will bring back to our remembrance all that Christ is/has spoken to us through the word.
We are told to study and show thy self approved unto God.....
Never listen to a voice that is telling you to not to listen to God by turning from Him and His precious word, faith comes by hearing, hearing the word of God..... amen !!!

Psalm 78:23-25 (NKJ)
23 Yet He had commanded the clouds above,
And opened the doors of heaven,
24 Had rained down manna on them to eat,
And given them of the bread of heaven.
25 Men ate angels’ food;
He sent them food to the full.

Matthew 4:4
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

John 6:30-32
30 Therefore they said to Him, “What sign will You perform then, that we may see it and believe You? What work will You do?
31 Our fathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”
32 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven.

John 6:48-50
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.

John 6:57-58
As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

Isaiah 51:6
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, And look on the earth beneath. For the heavens will vanish away like smoke, The earth will grow old like a garment, And those who dwell in it will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not be abolished.

Matthew 5:17-18
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Mark 1:14-15
14. Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15. and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”

John 14:25-27
25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Romans 10:16-17
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?”
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God bless to all.....
Let them who hear, hear what the Spirit of God says and that is through His precious word..... amen !!

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. (James 1:12-13)

2 Tim. 2:15-19
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.
17 And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort,
18 who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 03-13-2011 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-13-2011, 07:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
It never seems to amaze me that Jesus came that we might have life more abundantly, and yet there are multitudes of christians that ignorantly supress it by talking up death and destruction(because they do not like what they see in themselves) by preaching a Word of Death.

Good post Brian. God is the Living Word

Old 03-13-2011, 08:05 AM

Cyber Munchkin i see "the kingdom of God is with you" was left out of your opening scripture. This makes all the difference you know to what you are putting forth in the rest of your post. That living manna is in us, Christ is the bread of life and Christ lives in us. Christ is not the bible.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Cyber Munchkin i see "the kingdom of God is with you" was left out of your opening scripture. This makes all the difference you know to what you are putting forth in the rest of your post. That living manna is in us, Christ is the bread of life and Christ lives in us. Christ is not the bible.
No, Christ is NOT the Bible, but His Word is the Bible. Otherwise, the testimony is a LIE!

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

So, you must take it ALL in, or throw it out.

I 'see' and 'hear' the tesimony from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Cannot you?

Old 03-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No, Christ is NOT the Bible, but His Word is the Bible. Otherwise, the testimony is a LIE!

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

So, you must take it ALL in, or throw it out.

I 'see' and 'hear' the tesimony from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. Cannot you?
They testify of me true

Is John the Baptist the bible ? he testified of Jesus..... Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. If it's true we are the bible also.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
They testify of me true

Is John the Baptist the bible ? he testified of Jesus..... Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. If it's true we are the bible also.
Sorry, that doesn't make ANY sense

Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Sorry, that doesn't make ANY sense
Of cause it does

You are basing the bible on being the word of God on a testimony

You and I are the bible, just like you see throughout the whole of scripture both sides of man and one side of him reveals the devil(our carnal nature), and the other side of man(that which is born from above) testify's of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity