Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Now ask yourself this...China (some years back) threatened to nuke S.F.
China's history shows that it eventually carries through with it's threats...is that coincidence?
They also want to take the position of the United States; worldwide.
But I do not believe it is due to the wrath of God, under the guise of prohibiting San Francisco's sexual orientation?

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-14-2011 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: rotflmao is sarcasm and unnecessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:51 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many natural catastrophes have been blamed on God predicated on objectionable behavior and false assertions,
which can be classified as utter-nonsense. Along with other atrocities, which derived from the thoughts of men.

I agree.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Many natural catastrophes have been blamed on God predicated on objectionable behavior and false assertions,
which can be classified as utter-nonsense. Along with other atrocities, which derived from the thoughts of men.
Yes! Exactly Jerwade, utter nonsense. Derived from the thoughts of men.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
What say you?
First of all, let's take a look at what God considered the sins of Sodom:

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."

When Adam fell, his disobedience polluted all mankind and all creation. As a result, we see his "influence" in all spheres of life: broken relationships, conflicts, bad health, environmental problems (including earthquakes), animals sick and consuming each other in order to survive...

When man is "destroyed," he is destroyed by the works of his own hands. God does allow man to bring this upon himself. The flesh/devil are those that work destruction, and God permits this to occur, that man may have an allowed "freedom" to do as he wills. But in so doing, he destroys himself, and then calls upon God, who saves him again.

It is true that all things are in God's control. Yet the destroying is done by the one He created, called "the waster," who destroys. This is the fallen adamic/son of perdition/devil that torments the soul of man, bringing him only fleeting peace, or no peace at all.
And hereby, man learns to call upon and trust God as his Only Savior.

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
What say you?
I think God had His reasons,and His priorities in order when He did it.I don't think we can even begin to understand them all.I think there was more to that story...
that said,I for one am in NO position to say it was evil of God to do so..that is not trusting and having the child-like faith we are supposed to have.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
"Was it Evil for God to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?"

I guess that depends on who, what one believes and trust's. I believe God and what He chooses to do..... regardless. We should ask ourselves..... does one believe God in all things.... ?

This scripture is so important for people to grab hold of ......

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Was it evil, I say no because I trust God and God knew the depth of the sin and wickedness of the hearts of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah and what was going on there ! God knew they would not repent of their wickedness and turn from their sin.

It is so important to understand that God hates sin...... just like it has been mention and IMO, His permissive will, will use man's own evil, wickedness to bring either judgment upon a people or nation warning them to turn from their sin or He will destroy if they will not turn away from it !! God does not spare the wickedness of sin, nor will He compromise with it !

Yes, His grace is longsuffering..... yes, " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."(John 3:16)
yet, we are also told..... “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the LORD your God." (Luke 4:12)
I believe their comes a time God will give a person, nation over to their heart desires.... period ! Removing the garrison of His grace and mercy that had protected them and allowing whatever to take over and control or destroy.....

I believe Him and will not cross that line to think that what God says or does I understand because I don't..... our minds are limited in what He wants us to know and yet, we should always honor and obey Him regardless if we understand something or not !

God will destroy sin and one day all sin will be destroyed forever...... there is no getting around it..... that is why He sent us Jesus Christ, giving us the way of escape.
That there should be our utmost concern..... Jesus Christ !!!

Deuteronomy 30:14-16
14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.
15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil,
16 in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the LORD your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.

AMEN !!!

Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"Was it Evil for God to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?"

I guess that depends on who, what one believes and trust's. I believe God and what He chooses to do..... regardless. We should ask ourselves..... does one believe God in all things.... ?

This scripture is so important for people to grab hold of ......

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
People keep putting God on trial every time something happens, but that do not understand that God's ways are not out ways.

]1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People keep putting God on trial every time something happens, but that do not understand that God's ways are not out ways.

]1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
Yes, and people need to take heed and warning to this scripture....
“It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the LORD your God." (Luke 4:12)..... period !!!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

The natural man has been blaming God and putting him on trial from the beginning. "It was the woman you gave me".

When we accept like the man after God heart did, that "thou art the man", we will quit blaming God and others for what we created. Selah

Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The natural man has been blaming God and putting him on trial from the beginning. "It was the woman you gave me".
quite a coward,wasn't he?! wow,so many forget,that when we come to God's judgment,it's not about other ppl,it's about US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity