Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 02:51 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why would you "participate in their lifestyle?" I have gay friends - that doesn't mean I have sex with women. That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard!

I'm glad you treat all people the same. Many say the love the sinner but hate the sin - yet they are very prejudiced against homosexuals and want to deny them any rights. Of course, I don't believe homosexuals are sinners, but that's just me.

We are all sinners.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Being gay is not a 'lifestyle'. I think it's odd when people think of it like that. Also homosexuality can't be compared to having sex before marriage, because being gay isn't a behavior, it's a sexual orientation that wasn't chosen. If you view homosexuality as a 'sin' than what you're saying is a born birth trait (NOT A BEHAVIOR) is a sin. It's like saying heterosexuality is a 'sin'. That means that you are sinning by being heterosexual and simply existing. Also, since gay marriage isn't Legal you can't compare COMMITTED gay relationships to HETEROSEXUAL relationships OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE, since we aren't given the opportunity to MARRY. If I love someone and am committed to them we are LOVING and ENHANCING each others lives and not hurting anybody.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Being gay is not a 'lifestyle'. I think it's odd when people think of it like that. Also homosexuality can't be compared to having sex before marriage, because being gay isn't a behavior, it's a sexual orientation that wasn't chosen. If you view homosexuality as a 'sin' than what you're saying is a born birth trait (NOT A BEHAVIOR) is a sin. It's like saying heterosexuality is a 'sin'. That means that you are sinning by being heterosexual and simply existing. Also, since gay marriage isn't Legal you can't compare COMMITTED gay relationships to HETEROSEXUAL relationships OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE, since we aren't given the opportunity to MARRY. If I love someone and am committed to them we are LOVING and ENHANCING each others lives and not hurting anybody.
I myself have been with my partner over 28 years now!!!

And for those of you spreading lies and hatred.....you now have more blood on your hands......

I pray that God can find a way to forgive you as you judge and purposely hurt your fellow man>>>>>>>

Anti-gay bullying leads to another suicide | News Story on 365gay.com

Old 03-17-2011, 03:04 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And you know that he is speaking the truth, how? We are all sitting behind screens. None of us knows each other really. We just know what we choose to say to others across the internet.

We give out all sorts of information about ourselves but unless you know that person you really don't know them.

Someone said he was gay and changed his lifestyle. Ok do you know him?
Have you met him? Is he still living a straight lifestyle that you can verify?

If you answered no to any of these you really don't know.

I have know many gay folks and the reality is they were born that way and chose not to live there lives in a lie.

The lie being to live a life that was not true to who they really were.
I can PM this guy if you would like to talk to Him, I won't give his name out for obvious reasons and I have seen his children and wife in a photo album over the internet on another thread,so yes there is evidence.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:10 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert McPinto View Post
I think that going through the process of getting married is overkill just to have recreational sex.
I really don't know why different people choose to get married. I suppose everyone has his own reasons. I know that I chose to get married for a lot of different reasons. That was over 40 years ago, and it's been a wonderful experience.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Default What exactly is the agenda here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I find it odd that there are millions of first hand sources out there that can answer the question, yet people still think there is no way to find out of being gay is a choice or not, yet I've met very few straight people who say that they chose to be straight. Also, why are gay people's views on this subject not taken seriously since they would be the primary sources to ASK? Why do many straight people feel that they know more about this than actual gay PEOPLE? I'm gay and know NOTHING about what it's like to be straight and would never CLAIM TOO, but the opposite is not true.
Let's see, an openly gay person who frequently attacks Christians in their posts ... comes to a Christian forum with an "in-your-face-agenda" that is obviously controversial and clearly opposes Biblical principles.

Then, instead of approaching the subject from a Biblical or religious perspective --- or even asking a question, --- they attack all 'straight people who feel they know more about being gay, than gay people.' (Is there not a gay forum where this type of thing can be debated ad-naseum? .... Why here?).

... Then, a whole slew of people jump on the bandwagon and condemn Christians and the Bible for being narrow-minded and intolerant. Seems to me that the narrow-minded, intolerance here is not being demonstrated by the Christians, but by folks who seem to be looking for any excuse to attack Christians.

Folks, you need to recognize when you are being 'baited' by someone who has a hidden agenda, yet is attempting to garner support for through inflamatory rhetoric and generalized assumptions. If you wish to attack Christians, God, the Bible, Jesus Christ and ??? for something specific, have at it, but, why hide behind this type of approach?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Let's see, an openly gay person who frequently attacks Christians in their post ... comes to a Christian forum with an "in-your-face-agenda" that is obviously controversial and clearly opposes Biblical principles.

Then, instead of approaching the subject from a Biblical or religious perspective --- or even asking a question, they attack 'straight people who feel they know more about being gay, than gay people.' ((There is a gay forum where this type of thing can be debated ad-naseum ... what's it doing here in the first place?).

... Then, a whole slew of people jump on the bandwagon and condemn Christians and the Bible for being narrow-minded and intolerant. Seems to me that the narrow-minded, intolerance here is not being demonstrated by the Christians, but by folks who seem to be looking for any excuse to attack Christians.

Folks, you need to recognize when you are being 'baited' by someone who has a hidden agenda, yet is attempting to garner support for through inflamatory rhetoric and generalized assumptions.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
I believe that most homosexual people will not go and ask the Lord Jesus to discern the dark spirits that may be there bothering them in their lives , but rather live their lives taking the natural human logic and deny the discernment of Holy Spirit... See I would take the Lord Jesus discernment a lot more than I would take people ideas who don`t.....

Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Let's see, an openly gay person who frequently attacks Christians in their posts ... comes to a Christian forum with an "in-your-face-agenda" that is obviously controversial and clearly opposes Biblical principles.

Then, instead of approaching the subject from a Biblical or religious perspective --- or even asking a question, --- they attack all 'straight people who feel they know more about being gay, than gay people.' (Is there not a gay forum where this type of thing can be debated ad-naseum? .... Why here?).

Folks, you need to recognize when you are being 'baited' by someone who has a hidden agenda, yet is attempting to garner support for through inflamatory rhetoric and generalized assumptions. If you wish to attack Christians, God, the Bible, Jesus Christ and ??? for something specific, have at it, but, why hide behind this type of approach?

When did I Attack Christians? I have many FRIENDS who are quite religious. I have a bachelors degree in religion and have even thought of attending a seminary. If stating the reality of the situation is 'attacking' then really your beliefs are INVALID, since they don't hold up to actual reality. Isn't what this is really about? YOUR religious views don't hold up against the reality of the situation and that frightens you because that means that your religious views might be incorrect. It's about YOU. I did not attack you, REALITY DID.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
closed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity