U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 04:19 PM

109 posts, read 184,376 times

Advertisements

I want to know what is the attitude of learning/teaching science in the Bible Belt region because of the conflict between it and religion in the area. Also, are there many preachers who are hostile to learning about science because of religion in the South?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM

247 posts, read 429,980 times
1. They teach whatever their district tells them they need to for the standardized tests but depending on the teacher you may get "Today we're learning about....but I don't think this is true." One of my favorite teachers helped with other teachers sometimes...whenever he was helping a science teacher, he'd always make sure to teach the lesson correctly but point out why he didn't think it was true. Ex. evolution. He was really respected among students & teachers. I'm not sure if this is just my state or what but when I was in HS, teachers weren't allowed to bring in any religious factors. Which of course they did, but anyways, the point is I recently stumbled upon a fact that they actually printed a specific type of Bible for schools. That was in the 1600-1700s though. Cant remember where I read it from though, sorry!

2. If they're a good preacher, they wouldn't be. If you line everything up thats a theory such as evolution, the Bible goes over it and explains it. So preachers don't really need to be hostile towards science. They let God's word speak for itself.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,914,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post
I want to know what is the attitude of learning/teaching science in the Bible Belt region because of the conflict between it and religion in the area. Also, are there many preachers who are hostile to learning about science because of religion in the South?

Actually there is no conflict between religion and science just between facts and theories being proclaimed as facts. The real conflict is actually against religion in that it is banned from schools while the theories are promoted as fact. My sons and nephew ask alot of questions and they love science but they have a problem with the social justice classes.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,383,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually there is no conflict between religion and science just between facts and theories being proclaimed as facts. The real conflict is actually against religion in that it is banned from schools while the theories are promoted as fact. My sons and nephew ask alot of questions and they love science but they have a problem with the social justice classes.
As do mine.

Thankfully they have their parents to teach them.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:52 PM

8,307 posts, read 10,093,470 times
Default If there is a conflict, .... science is wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post

Throughout history, 'science' and the 'wisdom of men' have often differed with Bible truth. Invariably, Bible truth has, of course, been proven correct. If science would first check their 'theories' with the Bible, there would be no problem ... and 'science' would not be proven wrong so often

Old 03-20-2011, 05:30 PM

6,824 posts, read 4,903,748 times
I'm reading a book now called Forbidden Gates "The Dawn of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warefare." I highly recommend everyone to read it.

We are at a pinnacle moment in history. G.R.I.N. technologies. Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Nanotechnology. We are breaking a dangerous barrier. Religion vs Science. It's rapidly approaching, and all Christians especially need to be informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or