U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:22 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,454,724 times

Advertisements

Do you think that way because of Jesus dying for our sins, and thats the only reason? Why do you think he had nearly everyone that was here before drowned.

Also, someone is always telling me that God created people that he hates because he needs them here to do things, then to be destroyed. Do you believe that? For instance, he hated Esau, and supposedly created him for his purposes, only to destroy him?

Last edited by Jess5; 03-20-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM

7,875 posts, read 6,684,285 times
God don`t hate every one., uses them and rejects them ....... See the Lord is a Good God and he chose to be in the light of Goodness and rejects the darkness of evil and discord and deception , This his character and he does not condone sin in evil of impure spirits ........ say And here is all man who lives on this earth and who is manipulated with dark evil spirit who control the destiny of man to be evil ...... So God who is not of this world sent His son Jesus to stand in the gap and take sin from man so their impurities can be put off these man as Lord God sees a redeemed man through Jesus and this man is loved and supported equal to Jesus who gave his life for this man ....... people who reject this redemption of Jesus will perish and be lost to the Lord Jesus but Jesus will struggle with these people and their souls through out their lives but after they pass away they will be Judged and saved to Heaven with Jesus or no Jesus and perish .... Jesus marries people with love through the spirit , if people will not marry him as he is through their obedience to Jesus commands and his character ...... What would you do is a person would not marry you?.......Would you force that person to marry you through control or go against their will . No well same with The Lord Jesus .........

Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,577,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Do you think that way because of Jesus dying for our sins, and thats the only reason? Why do you think he had nearly everyone that was here before drowned.

Also, someone is always telling me that God created people that he hates because he needs them here to do things, then to be destroyed. Do you believe that? For instance, he hated Esau, and supposedly created him for his purposes, only to destroy him?
Just consider what an insult such belief is to God's integrity and highest virtue. To cast him in the image of the worst sinner -- wow. But the scriptures do say that Jesus became SIN for us and I've wondered long and hard about that scripture until just this moment when I think I got an understanding of it - that WE PUT SIN UPON HIM (By our imagining God to be an evil, unforgiving tyrant). Wow - it is amazing and sad to realize that. And to have that scripture quickened to me just now after all these years - well I'm just amazed. God is love. Believe it. Bask in it. Wear it. Take joy in it. Rest in it. Face death in the fact that He is Love.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:50 AM

30,285 posts, read 20,021,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Just consider what an insult such belief is to God's integrity and highest virtue. To cast him in the image of the worst sinner -- wow. But the scriptures do say that Jesus became SIN for us and I've wondered long and hard about that scripture until just this moment when I think I got an understanding of it - that WE PUT SIN UPON HIM (By our imagining God to be an evil, unforgiving tyrant). Wow - it is amazing and sad to realize that. And to have that scripture quickened to me just now after all these years - well I'm just amazed. God is love. Believe it. Bask in it. Wear it. Take joy in it. Rest in it. Face death in the fact that He is Love.
Good post.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:03 AM

30,285 posts, read 20,021,700 times
Quote:

Hi Jess5 Hope you are doing well.

The only way to know the true nature of God is through the light of his son Jesus Christ, when we try to understand him any other way we will see him in a wrong light(if our light be darkness how great is that darkness). Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father(God).

The truth of who God really is, came and was revealed through his son Jesus Christ. John 1:17

Jesus told us the he came to save life not destroy it. Jesus also told us that the destroyer was the devil and that it was he(the devil) who came doing the stealing killing and destroying.

So if you want to know the true nature of God look unto his son Jesus Christ.

No doubt any reply to your question that put's God in a good light will be scoffed at and attacked, but be strong in the truth that God is good.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:04 AM

58,559 posts, read 31,952,420 times
Quote:

Peter wrote that some people are born only to be destroyed.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from the Lord. 12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 PM

21,286 posts, read 20,927,906 times
Quote:
Do you think that way because of Jesus dying for our sins, and thats the only reason?
I believe that Jesus Christ's Atonement guarantees that everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected. In that sense, it was unconditional. Life after death is promised to everyone. I believe that almost everyone who has ever lived will ultimately go to Heaven. Those who repent of their sins and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is their Savior will be allowed to enter Heaven without having to bear the punishment for their sins. Those who do not will still be able to go to Heaven, but they will first have to endure the punishment for their sins. This punishment will last for the one thousand year period of time of Christ's millennial reign.

Quote:
God doesn't hate anybody, and He never created anybody for the purpose of doing evil. People choose to do evil.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:50 PM

862 posts, read 643,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe that Jesus Christ's Atonement guarantees that everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected. In that sense, it was unconditional. Life after death is promised to everyone. I believe that almost everyone who has ever lived will ultimately go to Heaven. Those who repent of their sins and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is their Savior will be allowed to enter Heaven without having to bear the punishment for their sins. Those who do not will still be able to go to Heaven, but they will first have to endure the punishment for their sins. This punishment will last for the one thousand year period of time of Christ's millennial reign.

God doesn't hate anybody, and He never created anybody for the purpose of doing evil. People choose to do evil.
Heaven is OFFERED to everyone. But not everyone accepts the invitation. Jesus's hand is always outstretched towards yours, but if you refuse grab His hand and hold on, you are lost.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:10 AM

21,286 posts, read 20,927,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Heaven is OFFERED to everyone. But not everyone accepts the invitation. Jesus's hand is always outstretched towards yours, but if you refuse grab His hand and hold on, you are lost.
That's nice, but suppose you happen to have been born in 3rd century China? Since you wouldn't even be aware that He exists, you probably wouldn't notice the outstretched hand.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 AM

862 posts, read 643,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's nice, but suppose you happen to have been born in 3rd century China? Since you wouldn't even be aware that He exists, you probably wouldn't notice the outstretched hand.
Moderator cut: delete
The bible clearly talks about falling. It has rules, like the ten commandments, the beattitudes, etc. Apparently they are completely irrelevant because everyone gets to go to heaven anyway. Makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-25-2011 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity