U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 AM

30,114 posts, read 19,958,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Would you like to open the thread about Moses?

Read 2 Peter 2:4 again
I know what 2 Peter says 2:4 says FJ.It is not saying what you think it is saying.

Judgement is going to be severe for many,God is going to burn up all that is not of him, including all that is not of him in the "i believe in Jesus and the bible and once saved always saved christians"too.

Did truth come through Moses or through Jesus Christ ?.

Why do you think it did not say just say grace came through Jesus Christ instead of grace and truth came through him ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Did someone argue something about Job???

No, you brought it up in order to distract and drail the topic, and now you pretend someone argued it. No, no one except you said anything about Job. Can you open a new thread about Job?

I didn't write the Bible either, yet it clearly says what God did.
God does not destroy, He uses satan to destroy.
What you quote was a verse where it says that "God destroyed sodom" but doesn't say how. So you added your own carnal interpretation that God destroys, and not satan.

But satan comes to destroy. If you believe the Bible, then you believe this.

Blessings Finn,
brian

Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,371,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know what 2 Peter says 2:4 says FJ.It is not saying what you think it is saying.

Judgement is going to be severe for many,God is going to burn up all that is not of him, including all that is not of him in the "i believe in Jesus and the bible and once saved always saved christians"too.

Did truth come through Moses or through Jesus Christ ?.

Why do you think it did not say just say grace came through Jesus Christ instead of grace and truth came through him ?
Both, why? Was Moses a liar now? Did he not have the Truth given to him through the Law?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:07 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,672,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Now, if Christ had not come into the world, there would have been no redemption. And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory,
and that death should have no sting, there would have been no resurrection. But there is a resurrection, therefore, the grave has no victory; and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ."

Of course if you ignore the rest of the Bible, you can believe that all are saved. However we read in Matthew 25:41 Jesus speaking. "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
God does not destroy, He uses satan to destroy.
What you quote was a verse where it says that "God destroyed sodom" but doesn't say how. So you added your own carnal interpretation that God destroys, and not satan.

But satan comes to destroy. If you believe the Bible, then you believe this.

Blessings Finn,
brian
Umm, there are 58 verses in the OT talking about God personally destroying. Type in I WILL DESTROY and see what you come up with. Here is the link for you:Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for KJV then tell me He doesn't...

Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Umm, there are 58 verses in the OT talking about God personally destroying. Type in I WILL DESTROY and see what you come up with. Here is the link for you:Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for KJV then tell me He doesn't...
Well i guess there is some misunderstanding somewhere. The scriptures tell us that TRUTH came through Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ told us(you and I), that it is the devil that came to steal kill and destroy, not him, he came to save life not destroy it.When did the devil show up to steal kill and destroy ?, we also know he tried to destroy the child Jesus, why ? Because he knew Jesus came to destroy him who was destroying life. So what are we to believe ?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well i guess there is some misunderstanding somewhere. The scriptures tell us that TRUTH came through Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ told us(you and I), that it is the devil that came to steal kill and destroy, not him, he came to save life not destroy it.When did the devil show up to steal kill and destroy ?, we also know he tried to destroy the child Jesus, why ? Because he knew Jesus came to destroy him who was destroying life. So what are we to believe ?
And now you know why Mystic believes satan is Jehovah, or something to that effect.

Do you, as well?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
And now you know why Mystic believes satan is Jehovah, or something to that effect.

Do you, as well?
No i believe the TRUTH as well as grace came through Jesus Christ and the law was given by Moses.

Do you believe Jesus was lying when he said "it's the devil that came to steal kill and destroy", or do you think Jesus had never read the scriptures and missed it where it said God was doing the destroying ?. It's a shame he never had a search engine at his disposal like us.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times
Quote:
You're 100% correct!

But the scriptures do not tell us how God destroys. There is a difference.
God is the Commander, but satan is the tool for destroying. Satan is called "the waster" in your bible. It is satan's job to destroy, not God's. God is a healer, a restorer.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
You're 100% correct!

But the scriptures do not tell us how God destroys. There is a difference.
God is the Commander, but Satan is the tool for destroying. Satan is called "the waster" in your bible. It is Satan's job to destroy, not God's. God is a healer, a restorer.

Blessings,
brian
So, by your OWN words, God is the Commander, right? So, God commanding Satan to destroy does not mean God Himself caused the destruction? Is this now plausible deniability?

God says He will destroy. Does it matter the 'tool' for the destruction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity