U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 AM
 
20,399 posts, read 15,765,671 times
Reputation: 7575

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I just read this somewhere and thought it was an interesting way to word it:

The FIRST death = Death IN Adam.
The SECOND death = Death TO Adam [our carnal nature].



It's a very deep and complex and beautiful thing if you ponder and meditate on it with the understanding of the magnificent power of God's love.

If it speaks to you, it speaks to you...
if it doesn't, it doesn't.
I'm confident it will speak to someone out there, though.

Just some thoughts,
peace,
sparrow

You would do better to read what God says the second death is.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12] And I saw the dead, the great and the small (all who died never having believed in Christ) standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14] And death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15] And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

That is the second death. Being thrown into the lake of fire where those who rejected Christ will spend the eternal future in conscious torment both internal and external, in utter ruin and uselessness.

That is the word of God speaking. Why will you not listen to what God says?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
 
5,763 posts, read 4,612,031 times
Reputation: 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You would do better to read what God says the second death is.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12] And I saw the dead, the great and the small (all who died never having believed in Christ) standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14] And death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15] And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

That is the second death. Being thrown into the lake of fire where those who rejected Christ will spend the eternal future in conscious torment both internal and external, in utter ruin and uselessness.

That is the word of God speaking. Why will you not listen to what God says?

What I posted and those bible verses go perfectly well together, as far as I see it. What I posted was something I thought was interesting. If you don't think so, move along and stop accusing others of not listening to God. God speaks to us in many ways and shows us things in many ways. Perhaps God is showing me something you never even thought of, Mike. Stop stifling conversations and growth.

Good bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 11:33 AM
 
20,399 posts, read 15,765,671 times
Reputation: 7575
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What I posted and those bible verses go perfectly well together, as far as I see it. What I posted was something I thought was interesting. If you don't think so, move along and stop accusing others of not listening to God. God speaks to us in many ways and shows us things in many ways. Perhaps God is showing me something you never even thought of, Mike. Stop stifling conversations and growth.

Good bye.
If you believe that the second death is anything other than eternity in the lake of fire, then you are not listening to God. That is not an accusation. That is fact. The fact that you don't like being told that is irrelevant. And now that I've said it, I Will move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
 
5,763 posts, read 4,612,031 times
Reputation: 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you believe that the second death is anything other than eternity in the lake of fire, then you are not listening to God. That is not an accusation. That is fact. The fact that you don't like being told that is irrelevant. And now that I've said it, I Will move along.

You said:

"the fact that you don't like being told that...."

You claim to state facts in all of your posts... I don't think you understand what is FACT and what is OPINION.

Learn the difference, Mike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,917,231 times
Reputation: 624
Read the book of Jude, then read it again, and again and you might realize that there are some that are not of mankind. They are animals living by emotion and instinct and can pretend rather well.

Jude 1:6 What are their darkness and chains?

Read and see it is not what you think it is far much more, open your eyes to the light and free yourself from self imposed chains. They chose their chains and darkness and they want more to join them. They are never satisfied and never will be. Are you going to join them or are you going to break the chains and enter the light?

Read the words of Christ and stop twisting and turning to satisfy the flesh.

Yes all will be saved but not all are man and they trap man in false chains and lead man into false darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,783,269 times
Reputation: 58199
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Yes all will be saved but not all are man and they trap man in false chains and lead man into false darkness.
You'll have to explain this Robin, the whole statement doesn't make any sense to me. Are you now saying you believe all mankind will be saved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,917,231 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You'll have to explain this Robin, the whole statement doesn't make any sense to me. Are you now saying you believe all mankind will be saved?
Yes and no. All will be saved but not all are mankind. Powers and principalities, Nephilem, they are among us and look just like you and I and they pervert everything while acting like they are holy or knowledgable, they know the word of God better than any human even the scholars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 12:59 PM
 
18,164 posts, read 9,006,165 times
Reputation: 1518
If man had eternal life that would make him God; having no beginning or end.
In other words, you would be eternal and immortal for "surely you will not die."

It is impossible to quench the fire that consumes, unmeritorious
pride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
 
351 posts, read 284,266 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Thats not what my Bible tells us. Daniel 12:2

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

EVERLASTING CONTEMPT- Does not allow much room for being cleansed, repenting, or change.
Hey Campbell34 The correct translation is to life, age-during, and some to shame and contempt, age-during. It is during the reign of Jesus that this occurred and at the end when Jesus turns everything over to God who will be all in all everyone else will be judged, repent, and cleansed and made into the image of God.

People will always argue about eternal versus age-during, in these types of versus but I believe age-during is proper for many reasons that make eternal not fit, quick example, "forever and ever" if forever is forever what is the second ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 01:28 PM
 
351 posts, read 284,266 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you believe that the second death is anything other than eternity in the lake of fire, then you are not listening to God. That is not an accusation. That is fact. The fact that you don't like being told that is irrelevant. And now that I've said it, I Will move along.
Hey Mike

Did not read the whole thing between you and .sparrow but I agree the lake of fire is the second death but remember Christ will defeat the last enemy which is death. So if the lake of fire is the second death, and it is, that it can not last forever or Christ never defeats it so he can't turn it over to the Father to be all in all. The lake of fire will serve its purpose and when all the fuel( carnality) is gone it will go out. (spirit)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top