U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Reputation: 4148

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hey Mike

Did not read the whole thing between you and .sparrow but I agree the lake of fire is the second death but remember Christ will defeat the last enemy which is death. So if the lake of fire is the second death, and it is, that it can not last forever or Christ never defeats it so he can't turn it over to the Father to be all in all. The lake of fire will serve its purpose and when all the fuel( carnality) is gone it will go out. (spirit)

That's right.
Death will be defeated.
The picture is a beautiful one, full of glory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Yes and no. All will be saved but not all are mankind. Powers and principalities, Nephilem, they are among us and look just like you and I and they pervert everything while acting like they are holy or knowledgable, they know the word of God better than any human even the scholars.
There may be some people who are demon-possessed but they are quite obvious. There may even be angels (which I believe to be true) masquerading as people and we never know who we're dealing with in that manner but Robin, where are you getting your information? I get from what you've said in other posts that you've had some kind of dream or something that makes you believe this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,145 posts, read 19,964,744 times
Reputation: 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's right.
Death will be defeated.
The picture is a beautiful one, full of glory.
You are right too sparrow.

Christendom wants us to believe God defeats man,and not the thing that defeats man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 AM
 
20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Reputation: 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hey Mike

Did not read the whole thing between you and .sparrow but I agree the lake of fire is the second death but remember Christ will defeat the last enemy which is death. So if the lake of fire is the second death, and it is, that it can not last forever or Christ never defeats it so he can't turn it over to the Father to be all in all. The lake of fire will serve its purpose and when all the fuel( carnality) is gone it will go out. (spirit)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's right.
Death will be defeated.
The picture is a beautiful one, full of glory.
1 Cor 15:26 'The last enemy that will be abolished is death.'

This refers to physical death. Not to the second death.

Physical death is separation of the soul from the body. When the body is resurrected, the soul rejoins the body. Physical death is defeated because of the resurrection. Because Jesus Christ was resurrected, believers will be resurrected as well. The church-age believer will be resurrected at the rapture of the church. Old Testament saints and tribulational martyrs will be resurrected at the second advent of Christ at the end of the tribulation. Millennial saints will be resurrected at the end of the Millennium if any believers actually die during the Millennium. Otherwise, their bodies will simply be transformed into bodies of immortality at the end of the Millennium.

But unbelievers will also be resurrected at the end of the Millennium to stand before Christ at the great white throne judgment to face final sentencing to the lake of fire which is the second death - eternal separation from God. The unbeliever will reside (both body and soul) in the lake of fire forever (Revelation 20:11-15).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 AM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,814,338 times
Reputation: 1323
I don't believe that the scriptures teach that people will remain enemies of God forever or burn forever in a lake of fire. This defeats the purpose of God to become all in all. This idea that people will remain enemies of God forever means that darkness, sin, satan, whatever is opposed to having God's will done, will be effective, and greater than God's power to subdue all things and restore all to Himself by love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2011, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
There may be some people who are demon-possessed but they are quite obvious. There may even be angels (which I believe to be true) masquerading as people and we never know who we're dealing with in that manner but Robin, where are you getting your information? I get from what you've said in other posts that you've had some kind of dream or something that makes you believe this.
The Lord told me in a dream to read Jude. He made certain parts, such as the rebelous angel, stand out. Then He showed me the Nephilem and told me they still exist. These people are not lost they are demonic, not demon possed but demon born. Goliath and his brothers were demon born and doing the will of their god, Satan. These people are genetically human but spiritually evil. That is why the Lord speaks of the wheat and chaff, sheep and goats, we cannot sort them out ourselves because they influence the lost with emotion, reason, knowledge but no wisdom, they cannot handle wisdom and that is why they pervert history. They are so integraded in our culture that we assume they are just like us. These are the Nephilem and the only was we can ID them is by the fruit of the spirit and even then they still may be lost and not demon born. We cannot compromise the scriptures or we serve them. God gave us a perfect source for salvation, the Holy Spirit first then the Bible they do not contradict each other. We cannot fight them physically we must do it spiritually. UR is not completely wrong but neither is ET or ES or even AN, all theories must work together in hope. There are many trapped in the flesh and we must help them realize the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The Lord told me in a dream to read Jude. He made certain parts, such as the rebelous angel, stand out. Then He showed me the Nephilem and told me they still exist. These people are not lost they are demonic, not demon possed but demon born. Goliath and his brothers were demon born and doing the will of their god, Satan. These people are genetically human but spiritually evil. That is why the Lord speaks of the wheat and chaff, sheep and goats, we cannot sort them out ourselves because they influence the lost with emotion, reason, knowledge but no wisdom, they cannot handle wisdom and that is why they pervert history. They are so integraded in our culture that we assume they are just like us. These are the Nephilem and the only was we can ID them is by the fruit of the spirit and even then they still may be lost and not demon born. We cannot compromise the scriptures or we serve them. God gave us a perfect source for salvation, the Holy Spirit first then the Bible they do not contradict each other. We cannot fight them physically we must do it spiritually. UR is not completely wrong but neither is ET or ES or even AN, all theories must work together in hope. There are many trapped in the flesh and we must help them realize the truth.
I'm sorry, I missed this post. I thought something had happened to make you think that the Nephilim still exist. But Robin, they don't. That was in the old testament and common sense (not voices) should tell you that such a thing does not exist these days. There are some very good books about the "Nephilim".....I think you need to read up on it before you make any rash decisions and think God was telling you something. Because he's not.....evil exists...yes....demon possession exists....yes.....Nephilim.....NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I don't believe that the scriptures teach that people will remain enemies of God forever or burn forever in a lake of fire. This defeats the purpose of God to become all in all. This idea that people will remain enemies of God forever means that darkness, sin, satan, whatever is opposed to having God's will done, will be effective, and greater than God's power to subdue all things and restore all to Himself by love.
Amen Shana!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I don't believe that the scriptures teach that people will remain enemies of God forever or burn forever in a lake of fire. This defeats the purpose of God to become all in all. This idea that people will remain enemies of God forever means that darkness, sin, satan, whatever is opposed to having God's will done, will be effective, and greater than God's power to subdue all things and restore all to Himself by love.
You say it so simply Shana and it makes perfect sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top