Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When God never gives up ?

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:8-10

How would you actually feel if your belief was that God gave up finding all that was lost .(if you don't believe all are found, that is what you really believe)only to discover he found all that were lost ?

I think many of us have forgotten he found us.
God has clearly reveald His plan in His Word ... While it is possible to interpret various parables to mean that the direct teachings of Salvation by Grace in Christ alone are untrue ... what then is one to do with the many direct teachings that clearly say otherwise?

Even the parable of the lost coin; much like that of the pearl of great value and others ... all require man's response ('knock, seek, repent), and do not simply hinge on God arbitrarily saving "all." Indeed, true repentence, grace, salvation, Savior, become meaningless and unnecessary if "all" will be saved anyway(?) -- Surely, even a die hard UR proponent cannot claim that "all" ultimately repent, believe or trust God for life in Christ.

The question is not what God is "able" to do, BUT, what God has clearly and repeatedly said that He will do! God never 'gives up' on calling or reaching out to the lost 'sheep' or lost 'coins' ... but, the very fact that they are 'lost' ought to tell you something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
God has clearly reveald His plan in His Word ... While it is possible to interpret various parables to mean that the direct teachings of Salvation by Grace in Christ alone are untrue ... what then is one to do with the many direct teachings that clearly say otherwise?

Even the parable of the lost coin; much like that of the pearl of great value and others ... all require man's response ('knock, seek, repent), and do not simply hinge on God arbitrarily saving "all." Indeed, true repentence, grace, salvation, Savior, become meaningless and unnecessary if "all" will be saved anyway(?) -- Surely, even a die hard UR proponent cannot claim that "all" ultimately repent, believe or trust God for life in Christ.

The question is not what God is "able" to do, BUT, what God has clearly and repeatedly said that He will do! God never 'gives up' on calling or reaching out to the lost 'sheep' or lost 'coins' ... but, the very fact that they are 'lost' ought to tell you something!
Mr Horton it says she sweeps the house UNTIL she finds the lost coin . There is nothing that is lost that cannot be found.

The parable of the coin makes no reference of knocking and seeking from man's side, it Jesus who came seeking to save the lost, and like the parable of the lost coin teaches us,the house is swept until the coin his found.

Here's something else for you to consider. What did the woman first do when she discovered she had lost a coin ? Right she lit a lamp

“About noon as I came near Damascus, SUDDENLY a bright light from heaven flashed around me.I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, ‘Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?’ Acts 22:6-7

If this is not God seeking a lost man i do not know what is.

It's also clear from the scripture that it's God who brings a man to repentance.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
I agree. Although Ken i expected a little bit of a different answer from you and one other poster in that the lost in your view are the house of Israel and not Gentiles.

Like i said many of us seem to have forgotten he found us.
Type and shadow?
Remember, God's work with the Israelite is an example set for us. He's a typological God...there is always something deeper than what is on the surface, that is for sure.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Type and shadow?
Remember, God's work with the Israelite is an example set for us. He's a typological God...there is always something deeper than what is on the surface, that is for sure.
I agree.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 AM

175 posts, read 174,659 times
From RobinD69:

Quote:
:Who are the chaff among the wheat?

One day i had a thought after reading that chaff is part of the wheat.

This excerpt from wikipedia:

In grasses (including cereals such as rice, barley, oats and wheat), the ripe seed is surrounded by thin, dry, scaly bracts (called glumes, lemmas and paleas), forming a dry husk (or hull) around the grain. Once it is removed it is often referred to as chaff.

i believe that we all have chaff in our lives and that is what will be removed from ALL of us, now or later, but each in his own order.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:44 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Paul (as Saul) would have been part of that camp called "brood vipers" prior to his conversion. So would all of us who now believe. Like unbelievers today, we too were also "brood vipers" that both John and Jesus spoke of. Like them, we too were once children of wrath, that Paul speaks of:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

If God can adopt us, He can surely adopt others just as easily. The Lord has a special place in His heart for orphans, that need adoption:

Exo 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
Exo 22:23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
Exo 22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Best not to lay a charge against orphans my friend...
Good post AlabamaStorm.

The only way I could phantom ET for so many years was to believe the unsaved were by nature children of wrath, created only for God's wrath with no good in them at all.

How true what you say -
Quote:
The Lord has a special place in His heart for orphans, that need adoption:

Old 03-22-2011, 07:53 AM

351 posts, read 354,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Hi jghorton The parables of Jesus never say differant things they are all the same, if you understand one you understand all. What is the differance between the lost sheep and the lost coin? The sheep knew it was lost, the coin did not. So Jesus not only finds those who know they are lost, he find those who have no idea they are lost. Yes after they are found they will need to repent and be cleansed but they are all found. God is Able to do what he said he would do, save all his children. And yes "all" will eventually repent and believe and trust in God and every knee shall bow and proclain Jesus is Lord.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Mr Horton it says she sweeps the house UNTIL she finds the lost coin . There is nothing that is lost that cannot be found.

The parable of the coin makes no reference of knocking and seeking from man's side, it Jesus who came seeking to save the lost, and like the parable of the lost coin teaches us,the house is swept until the coin his found.

Here's something else for you to consider. What did the woman first do when she discovered she had lost a coin ? Right she lit a lamp

“About noon as I came near Damascus, SUDDENLY a bright light from heaven flashed around me.I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, ‘Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me?’ Acts 22:6-7

If this is not God seeking a lost man i do not know what is.

It's also clear from the scripture that it's God who brings a man to repentance.
Praise God!

If I may add a thought..
here's an example of how things can undergo changes and errors can be added into scripture over time:

First, the actual account:
"3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."

And Paul's same account, years later:

"6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me."

The other men did indeed hear the voice; but Paul forgot (or thought they didn't, but was wrong). The second account was inaccurate.

Any thoughts?

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-22-2011, 12:44 PM

229 posts, read 332,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Why do you believed that all mankind are children of God? What of the Nephelim? They are children of fallen angels. What of the Pharisees? "You brood of vipers" Who are the chaff among the wheat?
Lets just say that for arguments sake you are correct, why is their existence their fault.

Last edited by TheUnknown67; 03-22-2011 at 01:59 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Who are the chaff?

I didnt say it was their fault for being born, but we must recognize their propensity for hating God. Is it possible that Nephelem cannot be saved because of tainted blood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity