U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:48 PM

57,902 posts, read 31,450,247 times

Advertisements

Yes, one day the lost coin, Israel, will be 'found' again and they turn to Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 PM

16,114 posts, read 20,020,149 times
It is not for us to judge why GOD does things, perhaps he will save only the left handed,
It is not what we think of GOD, it is what GOD thinks of us

Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,074,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It is not for us to judge why GOD does things, perhaps he will save only the left handed,
It is not what we think of GOD, it is what GOD thinks of us
Amen, Boompa!
I suppose that's why we trust in His mercy!
I think He is well aware of our "smallness," our fragility, our inability, our weakness. I don't believe He will judge us harshly, because He must know that without Him we can do nothing at all.

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM

29,760 posts, read 19,755,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, one day the lost coin, Israel, will be 'found' again and they turn to Christ.
What about the other 9 coins ? what about the other 99 sheep ? .If only you could see this is not about a lost coin, or a lost sheep, but the heart of God who came to seek and save the lost. Were you ever lost FJ ? aren't you glad that God never gave up upon you until he found you ?.

There's nothing that can be lost that God cannot and will not find.He never gives up (this is heart).

Old 03-22-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What about the other 9 coins ? what about the other 99 sheep ? .If only you could see this is not about a lost coin, or a lost sheep, but the heart of God who came to seek and save the lost. Were you ever lost FJ ? aren't you glad that God never gave up upon you until he found you ?.

There's nothing that can be lost that God cannot and will not find.He never gives up (this is heart).
Everyone is lost before coming to the light. Unfortunately some reject the call and remain in the dark until they die.

John 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

Yes, what about the 99 sheep? The parable says the shepard left the 99 sheep at the mountains while we went down to look for the lost one. Who did the Lord leave on their own?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Everyone is lost before coming to the light. Unfortunately some reject the call and remain in the dark until they die.

John 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

Yes, what about the 99 sheep? The parable says the shepard left the 99 sheep at the mountains while we went down to look for the lost one. Who did the Lord leave on their own?
FJ

This is where you are completely missing it, i hope not intentionally. The light comes to you not you come to the light.

Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? Luke 15:8.

About noon as I(One of the 99 sheep) came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. Acts 22:6. About noon Paul said, this was an awesome light that is brighter than the noon day sun.

All 100 sheep were lost FJ, all 10 coins were lost, the prodigals brother was lost too, they just didn't know it.

“We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?” John 8:33.

If this is your confession ^^^^^ you are one of the 99 sheep, you are one of the 9 coins, you are the prodigals brother.Basically in your own eyes you are not lost in need of being found.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-22-2011 at 03:58 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Praise God!

If I may add a thought..
here's an example of how things can undergo changes and errors can be added into scripture over time:

First, the actual account:
"3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."

And Paul's same account, years later:

"6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me."

The other men did indeed hear the voice; but Paul forgot (or thought they didn't, but was wrong). The second account was inaccurate.

Any thoughts?

Blessings,
brian
Hi Brian ........... never noticed that before, i would lean towards Paul meaning those who were with him heard a voice like he originally said, but when referring to it years later, when he said they heard not the voice, he was saying they did not recognize it as being the voice of Jesus. I could also be completely wrong.

He that has ears to hear

Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Praise God!

If I may add a thought..
here's an example of how things can undergo changes and errors can be added into scripture over time:

First, the actual account:
"3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man."

And Paul's same account, years later:

"6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me."

The other men did indeed hear the voice; but Paul forgot (or thought they didn't, but was wrong). The second account was inaccurate.
They heard, but did not understand. That's what 'not hear' means.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:55 PM

Yea i have considered all what you think those verses are saying, i too was sold out to what i thought they meant for a number of years, just accepting what was traditionally taught they meant.Welcome to the forum by the way. If you search through the forum, you will find plenty of threads about what you think those verses are saying, many are no longer open to share on them though, but plenty of food for thought in them. Discussing eternal torment is taboo on the forum at the moment.

Peace to you too.

No greater evil than Eternal Torment

Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
It is forbidden to talk about hell here. It makes people uncomfortable.
I agree those who love talking about it, are uncomfortable with the hold on talking about it.

They want to make sure that we all know that God is not able to save all that are lost.

There's nothing lost lost that God cannot find.

They went to the Jordan and began to cut down trees. 5As one of them was cutting down a tree, the iron axhead fell into the water. “Oh, my lord,” he cried out, “it was borrowed!”
6The man of God asked, “Where did it fall?” When he showed him the place, Elisha cut a stick and threw it there, and made the iron float. 7“Lift it out,” he said. Then the man reached out his hand and took it. 2 Kings 6

He knows exactly were we have fallen like that axe, then the man reaches out his hand and rescue's us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity