U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM

58,549 posts, read 31,944,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree those who love talking about it, are uncomfortable with the hold on talking about it.
The rule is in place because some people are uncomfortable hearing the truth. Some lost coins do not want to be found, and even when the light is offered to them, they refuse to accept it because they love the darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM

30,277 posts, read 20,017,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The rule is in place because some people are uncomfortable hearing the truth. Some lost coins do not want to be found, and even when the light is offered to them, they refuse to accept it because they love the darkness.

What is that truth ?

I love it how you think putting stumbling blocks in front of the Good Shepherd will stop him from seeking AND saving the lost.Choice ? pftt, Sin ? pftt.

About noon as I came near Damascus, SUDDENLY a bright light from heaven flashed around me.Acts 22:6

It's God seeking us friend,we might be leaving a bar after last orders, we might be on our way to Damascus to drag christians back to Jerusalem to be punished,we might be in any given scenario, then SUDDENLY God apprehends us.

Yet in our own deceitful hearts we still believe we found our way out of being lost in darkness by choice.

PS i cannot wait for the rule to be lifted, i believe the Lord is going destroy the doctrine of ET, when it's been lifted.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM

17,824 posts, read 8,909,234 times
Quote:
Some lost coins do not want to be found, and even when the light is offered to them, they refuse to accept it because they love the darkness.
No coins, just change!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,316,236 times
Quote:
...i believe the Lord is going destroy the doctrine of ET, when it's been lifted.
ET is simply a test being used by God to see who actually trusts in His power to perform what He said He wills to do, namely:

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

In many ways this test is similar to that spoken to Sarah. Like Sarah, most will laugh, and like Sarah did also, they'll deny it when they stand before Jesus:

Gen 18:13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Gen 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD ? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
Gen 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 AM

234 posts, read 193,343 times
Quote:
Yea i have considered all what you think those verses are saying, i too was sold out to what i thought they meant for a number of years, just accepting what was traditionally taught they meant.Welcome to the forum by the way. If you search through the forum, you will find plenty of threads about what you think those verses are saying, many are no longer open to share on them though, but plenty of food for thought in them. Discussing eternal torment is taboo on the forum at the moment.

Peace to you too.

No greater evil than Eternal Torment
ROFL....my first post and it gets deleted...not an auspicious beginning. Not sure if I am allowed to say this but for the record, I am in no way a proponent of eternal torment. Nor for UR, so that leaves....

Peace

Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 AM

234 posts, read 193,343 times
Back to the OP, as I was thinking about the parable of the lost coins, it occurred to me that the woman, who some here claim represents Jesus; however I am more inclined to think she represents the church; see Jer. 6:2 and Eph. 5:25...the woman's husband would be Jesus, the lost coins would be precious souls for which the church is responsible therefore it is the church who must never give up on searching for those members who are lost. The lamp would represent the Bible (Psalm 119:105)
The lost coin is at home. A backslid Christian, like the coin, more often is unaware of his lost condition; he is still in the church,(like the Laodicean, knows not that he is blind and naked) he may still pay tithes, and saying Lord, Lord, but his relationship is severed because of sin. The word of God brings light to his true condition, and should he recognise this, he will repent and be restored, hence joy in heaven.

The lost sheep is outside the fold, or outside the household. He knows he is lost.Severed from the fold and the shepherd, and is helpless.

There is a wider application to the coin parable. Rather than just a local church, it could apply to the world itself, where the church is responsible and accountable to God for sharing the love of Christ through the gospel message with all.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:50 AM

58,549 posts, read 31,944,414 times
Quote:
It's God seeking us friend,we might be leaving a bar after last orders, we might be on our way to Damascus to drag christians back to Jerusalem to be punished,we might be in any given scenario, then SUDDENLY God apprehends us.
Or you might be leaving a bar with a prostitute and SUDDENLY get hit by a bus and die. There are people do die before getting saved. It is a fact whether or not you believe it.

So, who did Jesus leave behind when He went to look for the lost sheep? Some say it was the angels, the ones who never sinned, and they were left in heaven aka the mountains when Jesus came to earth to look for us, the lost sheep.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 AM

FJ

They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?"John 8:33.

These ^^^^ are the 99 sheep left behind, the 9 coins not lost, the brother who never squandered his Father's inheritance.They might as well have said, how can you say we are lost as well as "how can you say that we shall be set free".

Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 AM

FJ What do you actually believe about Jesus "Seeking AND Saving the lost"?, it appears you believe he seeks and hopes to save, rather than seeks AND saves.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,115,319 times
Quote:
They heard, but did not understand. That's what 'not hear' means.
Not true.
The first account clearly says that they "heard a voice." This was Luke's account (if indeed he is the writer of Acts).
Paul later stated that they "didn't hear" the voice. This was Paul's account. Completely different.

You are adding your interpretation to what is written. If the meaning was "not understand" then that is what would have been written (imo..).

But I love you all the same!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity