U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 AM

11,825 posts, read 9,884,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Good grief, what if you fail the test?
Those who oppose God have the answer...it's called "dumbing down God's TOS" (terms of salvation)

When you can dumb down God's TOS to the point that it's indistinguishable between an athesist from a Satanist from a Muslim from a cultist from a Christian ...... then the enlightened you shall be and only then God is a "loving God"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM

30,457 posts, read 20,180,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Baseless accusation.
Listen to what you are saying, you do not remember your former self, if you do not see that it was Christ alone that found you in your state, that rather than passing you by(how you teach he does if you don't say i believe in Jesus), but rather he came to where we was, took pity upon us bandaged our wounds and then poured oil and wine.

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM

37,791 posts, read 25,499,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Those who oppose God have the answer...it's called "dumbing down God's TOS" (terms of salvation)

When you can dumb down God's TOS to the point that it's indistinguishable between an athesist from a Satanist from a Muslim from a cultist from a Christian ...... then the enlightened you shall be and only then God is a "loving God"
Jesus met the TOS, twin . . . our entire species has been connected to God through Jesus in human form and consciousness. We have nothing to do with salvation. What we build or not on His foundation determines our eternal fate, period.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Good grief, what if you fail the test?
The test is not one to pass or fail, but to reveal what is in our heart. This what the word does, it discern the heart of man and judges the thoughts and attitudes of it.

We are commanded to teach that he is the Savior of All men, yet the Fundy say's we are in error and heretics for doing so.

Paul even says it's a trustworthy saying and deserves full acceptance to teach that he's the Savior of All men, yet in the ear of the Fundy it's blasphemy.

9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
11Command and teach these things.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:09 PM

58,871 posts, read 32,319,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The test is not one to pass or fail, but to reveal what is in our heart. This what the word does, it discern the heart of man and judges the thoughts and attitudes of it.
I see. So, Jesus says something, and if you believe it, then you are the sucker who failed the test.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I see. So, Jesus says something, and if you believe it, then you are the sucker who failed the test.
No FJ,i said it is not a test to pass or fail, it reveals what is in your heart. In Sara's case it revealed unbelief.

How can something as good as dead bring forth life ? was basically her thought that was revealed.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,083,088 times
Quote:

Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:

What TOS did the Good Samaritan(Jesus Christ) give to the poor sinner robbed and beaten on the way ?.

Or did ONE act of Amazing kindness change the poor sinners life forever ? Romans 2 verse 4

Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM

58,871 posts, read 32,319,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No FJ,i said it is not a test to pass or fail, it reveals what is in your heart. In Sara's case it revealed unbelief
So, if you believe Jesus' teaching about afterlife, then you will be judged for harboring that thought in your heart? The only way to avoid the truth is to reject His words, and that may well be what UR is all about.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
So, if you believe Jesus' teaching about afterlife, then you will be judged for harboring that thought in your heart? The only way to avoid the truth is to reject His words, and that may well be what UR is all about.
Come again

I know from the scriptures that he wants all men saved . I am thinking the same thoughts of God by being in agreement with him.

I believe without a doubt that it's possible and he's able to do so, i'm not wavering,staggering or weak in faith in believing God does is able to do what he desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity