U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:06 PM

58,614 posts, read 32,038,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Come again

I know from the scriptures that he wants all men saved . I am thinking the same thoughts of God by being in agreement with him.
If you read and believe biblical teachings about afterlife, you seem to think it reveals something sinister in people's hearts, as if the truth somehow poisons a person's heart. At the same time you believe that you have been able to ignore these teachings and block them out of your mind, so you can say your heart does not reflect them. You think your heart is purer if you manage to block and disregard Biblical teachings about afterlife? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:20 PM

30,319 posts, read 20,050,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you read and believe biblical teachings about afterlife, you seem to think it reveals something sinister in people's hearts, as if the truth somehow poisons a person's heart. At the same time you believe that you have been able to ignore these teachings and block them out of your mind, so you can say your heart does not reflect them. You think your heart is purer if you manage to block and disregard Biblical teachings about afterlife? I don't think so.
Truth is not your interpretation of the scripture. In my opinion you are ignoring the scripture too . Truth is who God IS.

Jesus Christ is the exact representation of who GOD IS. The life of Jesus revealed who GOD IS.

Believing in eternal torment whether it's true or not is not truth. Truth IS Jesus Christ(WHO HE IS) the Living word of God.

TRUTH IS the one who found the poor weary sinner on the wayside beaten and robbed, that did not walk by him, but bandaged his wounds and poured oil and wine upon them, gave him a place to stay(in christ).No question asked because what he had done for the man, he knew would change the man forever.(Something the carnal man cannot comprehend )

So you speaking to the wrong person if you want me to take heed to you and listen to what truth is, i am far more careful nowadays to what i'm listening to.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ is the exact representation of who GOD IS. The life of Jesus revealed who GOD IS.

Believing in eternal torment whether it's true or not is not truth. Truth IS Jesus Christ(WHO HE IS) the Living word of God.
Not only the life of Jesus as a man reveal who He is, but also Him as God starting from the garden of Eden, to Noah, to Sodom and Gomorrah, to story of Israel, to life of Jesus, Him speaking/acting through the Apostles, and finally the Book of Revelation. The problem is that you cherry pick one part and ignore the rest.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Not only the life of Jesus as a man reveal who He is, but also Him as God starting from the garden of Eden, to Noah, to Sodom and Gomorrah, to story of Israel, to life of Jesus, Him speaking/acting through the Apostles, and finally the Book of Revelation. The problem is that you cherry pick one part and ignore the rest.
No Finn, not at all, if this is the case where do you see Jesus burning down cities, flooding towns and cities, turning folk into pillars of salt,causing the ground to open up under people, and all the rest of the atrocities that occured what we read of in the OT ?.

Jesus came to reveal the true nature of God, if you have seen me you have seen the Father,I and the Father are one. Who is the Father ? . Jesus IS the revelation of the true nature and heart of God,knowing and understanding this, you will read the scriptures in the light they are meant to be read, with no veil blurring your understanding of them.

He IS the exact representation of who GOD IS.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
No Finn, not at all, if this is the case where do you see Jesus burning down cities, flooding towns and cities, turning folk into pillars of salt,causing the ground to open up under people, and all the rest of the atrocities that occured what we read of in the OT ?.
Do you think Jesus and God are not the same? They are one and same, and they are never changing. God has not changed one bit, and He is fully capable of showing both love and wrath.

Consider this:

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Do you think Jesus and God are not the same? They are one and same, and they are never changing. God has not changed one bit, and He is fully capable of showing both love and wrath.

Consider this:

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.
FJ you are going way off topic now . No i do not believe in a trinity .

I have answered you before on different threads on how you view the OT scriptures and how i do, we are seeing 2 entirely different things.You are not going to hijack this thread with your preconceived ideas about who GOD IS.

Start another thread why you believe Jesus Christ who revealed the Father(God) to us,who said he came to save life not destroy it, is the destroyer of man in the OT scriptures.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
FJ you are going way off topic now . No i do not believe in a trinity .
No, it specifically tells you the SAME God who caused the flood, destruction of Sodom etc in the past will also cause the punishment of the wicked in the future. That is why I posted it. Same God, the one God of love and wrath.

You are the one who brought up the character of God topic, and I simply answered your question.

However, since these verses obviously make you uncomfortable, we can end it here.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-23-2011 at 07:30 PM..

Old 03-23-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
No, it specifically tells you the SAME God who caused the flood, destruction of Sodom etc in the past will also cause the punishment of the wicked in the future. That is why I posted it. Same God, the one God of love and wrath.

You are the one who brought up the character of God topic, and I simply answered your question.

However, since you these verses obviously make you uncomfortable, we can end it here.
If you are trying to understand God by any other means than through His Son Jesus Christ you will never know who God really is. If you have seen me you have seen the Father(God).Any other way of trying to understand who God is, is doing so with a veil over your mind.

The character of God in Christ is beautifully described through the parable of the good samaritan(Jesus Christ) and do you believe the good samaritan happened to be passing by, by chance?, of cause not, he was seeking out and saving the lost,saving a life from the true destroyer of life(The Devil). Jesus said the devil was the destroyer, you Fundy's believe it's God.

This parable makes you and all who believe like you very uncomfortable, because it rubbishes all your claims that you sought,found and chose Jesus,it also rubbishes your belief that you have to make a decision for Jesus.

Here is what the good samaritan(Jesus Christ) does to bring a man to salvation.

But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.Luke 10

Not one condition was placed on this man to receive help in his time of need.

One amazing act of kindness did in an instance to this poor old beaten up robbed sinner,what every condition you Stiff necked Fundy's put on a man as TOS, which were never put on yourselves by God.

So do you believe God is/was a destroyer, until he reveals himself in Christ and then says i have now come to save life instead of destroying it ?. Plan A destroying folk didn't work, so He moves onto Plan B i will save them instead of destroying them ?.You have to agree there is something wrong with this picture, somewhere.

If you have eyes to see it, the only thing being destroyed by God is that which comes between the union of God and man, that being a wrong concept of who HE IS.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
If you are trying to understand God by any other means than through His Son Jesus Christ you will never know who God really is. If you have seen me you have seen the Father(God).Any other way of trying to understand who God is, is doing so with a veil over your mind.

The character of God in Christ is beautifully described through the parable of the good samaritan(Jesus Christ) and do you believe the good samaritan happened to be passing by, by chance?, of cause not, he was seeking out and saving the lost,saving a life from the true destroyer of life(The Devil). Jesus said the devil was the destroyer, you Fundy's believe it's God.

This parable makes you and all who believe like you very uncomfortable, because it rubbishes all your claims that you sought,found and chose Jesus,it also rubbishes your belief that you have to make a decision for Jesus.

Here is what the good samaritan(Jesus Christ) does to bring a man to salvation.

But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.Luke 10

Not one condition was placed on this man to receive help in his time of need.

One amazing act of kindness did in an instance to this poor old beaten up robbed sinner,what every condition you Stiff necked Fundy's put on a man as TOS, which were never put on yourselves by God.

So do you believe God is/was a destroyer, until he reveals himself in Christ and then says i have now come to save life instead of destroying it ?. Plan A destroying folk didn't work, so He moves onto Plan B i will save them instead of destroying them ?.You have to agree there is something wrong with this picture, somewhere.

If you have eyes to see it, the only thing being destroyed by God is that which comes between the union of God and man, that being a wrong concept of who HE IS.
I could repost what I posted earlier, but if you ignored it then, you'll just ignore it again, so I won't bother. There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I could repost what I posted earlier, but if you ignored it then, you'll just ignore it again, so I won't bother. There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.
The blind are those who try and understand the God of the scriptures by any other means than through Jesus Christ. I would have thought this is pretty obvious in light of the scripture blinded Pharisees not recognizing God in the flesh.Yes the scripture can blind you when you try and understand by any other means than through Jesus Christ.

Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

When the veil is taken away FJ you will see Jesus, while it remains you will see all that the Pharisee saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity