Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

When God never gives up ?

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:8-10

How would you actually feel if your belief was that God gave up finding all that was lost .(if you don't believe all are found, that is what you really believe)only to discover he found all that were lost ?

I think many of us have forgotten he found us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 05:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
'Cuz He already did?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When God never gives up ?

“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” Luke 15:8-10

How would you actually feel if your belief was that God gave up finding all that was lost .(if you don't believe all are found, that is what you really believe)only to discover he found all that were lost ?

I think many of us have forgotten he found us.
I think so too. Jesus found us all on the cross when God laid our sins upon Him.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
'Cuz He already did?
I agree. Although Ken i expected a little bit of a different answer from you and one other poster in that the lost in your view are the house of Israel and not Gentiles.

Like i said many of us seem to have forgotten he found us.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:42 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree. Although Ken i expected a little bit of a different answer from you and one other poster in that the lost in your view are the house of Israel and not Gentiles.

Like i said many of us seem to have forgotten he found us.
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2Chronicles 7:14

I think we need to seek his face as it says here. Jesus wants all of us to repent, and for all of us to be saved by obeying him. Their is a time limit though. Not everyone will be saved. It's a very sad reality.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I think so too. Jesus found us all on the cross when God laid our sins upon Him.
Yes

The word of accomplishment(the good news) by his death,burial and resurrection,seeks us until it finds us.

It's no longer Adam where are you ?, have you eaten from that tree i commanded you not to eat from ?

It's Adam where are you ? i hung on that tree for you and became sin for you that you might become the righteousness of God.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2Chronicles 7:14

I think we need to seek his face as it says here. Jesus wants all of us to repent, and for all of us to be saved by obeying him. Their is a time limit though. Not everyone will be saved. It's a very sad reality.
So you don't believe the woman lights a lamp, then sweeps the house until she finds that one coin she lost ?she gave up ?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
....Their is a time limit though. Not everyone will be saved. It's a very sad reality.
And what about that one lost sheep while the other 99 are safe? Does Jesus find them all, or just those that want to be found?

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

If we, being evil, would search out a lost animal until we find it, how much more will Jesus, who is good, search out (and find) that which was lost, yet was created in the image of God? Surely man, created in the image of God, is worth more than an animal, right?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM

The other thing I like about Luk 15:4 is that there is no time limit. Jesus said that even man would search until he find it:

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Even sinners know to do this...how much more does God Almighty, Jesus Himself!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
And what about that one lost sheep while the other 99 are safe? Does Jesus find them all, or just those that want to be found?

If we, being evil, would search out a lost animal until we find it, how much more will Jesus, who is good, search out (and find) that which was lost, yet was created in the image of God? Surely man, created in the image of God, is worth more than an animal, right?
Well we have to define the sheep as being the Bride of Christ/ The Church. Not everyone on this planet are the sheep. The sheep are to be guided by the Shepard, which is Jesus.

I interpret this as followers of Christ that have wandered off. If you are a follower of Christ, than you have the ultimate Shepard. The problem is many in this world are not sheep.

The point of the tribulation in Revelation is to bring as many to repentance as possible. Jesus makes it clear though, we have only so much time to come to him. While Jesus is love we seem to have lost the doctrine of Judgment and Wrath. Jesus is to be loved, but also feared. I'm actually quite sad regarding the people in this wold that just have no idea about the wrath they are facing if they don't come to Christ.

I try to talk to people about this and they mock him. Well I only pray that they come to their senses, because Jesus is not coming back as our servant. Jesus, the creator, is coming back as the Lord to claim David's throne. I know many that I love that don't believe Christ is God. That's a very sad reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity