Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
And I AM has been there since the beginning.
But unfortunately it took God in the flesh to make known I AM THE TRUTH to us.The TRUTH we know is through Jesus Christ, who is the TRUTH.

This is why Jesus said if you have seen ME(THE TRUTH),you have seen the Father(GOD).Why did he say this ?, because all whatever WE THOUGHT was the truth is not the truth, I AM THE TRUTH.I AM the reality of who God really IS.

But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read.2 Cor 3:18

They are looking for truth in the wrong place, and this is why they missed him. Jesus Christ IS THE TRUTH.

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

The TRUTH is to be found in Jesus Christ.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-24-2011 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 AM

351 posts, read 355,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You die, and then you are judged. Crystal clear. No second chances there.

Hebrews 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

Hi Finn

Judgement is not Saved go to heaven, or condemned go to hell. Judgement is where we reap what we have sown and are chastened by it so we repent and change. All men go though judgement, Christ elect will judge themselves and rule with him in the Kingdom of God. The rest will be resurrected and then judged by them and will repent and be cleansed. Judgement changes us it does not condemn us.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
God does not destroy, He uses satan to destroy.
What you quote was a verse where it says that "God destroyed sodom" but doesn't say how. So you added your own carnal interpretation that God destroys, and not satan.But satan comes to destroy. If you believe the Bible, then you believe this.
I added nothing. I quoted from Genesis, and it says exactly how God did it. Why don't you just look up the verse as opposed to trying to make me look like a liar.

Genesis 19 "Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens."

Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I added nothing. I quoted from Genesis, and it says exactly how God did it. Why don't you just look up the verse as opposed to trying to make me look like a liar.

Genesis 19 "Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens."
Undeniable.

He did it by unleashing satan/the flesh.
Imo.

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Undeniable.

Imo.

Blessings!
brian
This is by far the closest translation i have come across of God speaking to Satan in regards to Job

Most translations would have you believe that God is boasting about how wonderful Job is to the adversary, this is a lie, God is actually rebuking the adversary.

8And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, `Hast thou set thy heart against My servant Job BECAUSE there is none like him in the land, a man perfect and upright, fearing God, and turning aside from evil?

The adversary hates anyone who lives righteously and will always try and bring him down.

Do you want to know where this belief comes from that God is destroying folk ? it comes from the devil, he wants you to believe that the death and destruction he is carrying out is God's doing.He really believes God is like him.

I pray Thee, Thy hand, and strike against anything that he hath

Then God basically said to the adversary, what are you bothering me for, he's in your hands.

And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, `Lo, all that he hath [is] in thy hand, only unto him put not forth thy hand.' And the Adversary goeth out from the presence of Jehovah

How did Job come out of that hedge of fire of protection that was around him and fall into the hands of the adversary ?Here's the answer.

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.Job 3:25

So will you quit blaming God for all the ill's in the world.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-24-2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 12:44 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Undeniable.

Imo.
I am glad you added the "IMO", because that's all it is.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 PM

10 posts, read 16,072 times
What bout children who want to believe and can't? And they die, say age 13-15...after the age of the supposed accountablity? God just sends them to hell, seems so wrong to me, to send anyone to hell, I know many people who are not believers or want to be and they can not seem to believe no matter how long and or how hard they try...including myself, my family and friends and many like us who are good decent people who work hard, love with their hearts, give to others, etc etc and yet we are doomed to hell? And I know alot of people who claim they are saved who are in and out of jail, horrible awful people but they get into heaven just by being able to believe? sounds sooo wrong! unfair and not very loving to me.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
True God is not a liar, but your statement has no truth in it. For God has not said most of the world will be lost, you did. God never said that a man cannot be saved after death, you did.Please do not insult the word of God by saying you are one of a few that found a narrow way, you never found anything, it was Jesus Christ who came seeking after you and found you.

You too can twist the word to make it say what you want. There is an appointed time for all to believe, that is their day of Salvation. No one comes on their own accord and no one comes before time. You believe a lie to think anyone can decide and come when they want. Salvation comes to us, not the other way around.You won't accept this though because you believe you decided when you would come, you truely believer that while you were dead in trespasses and sin you decided to find Jesus, when all the time it was Jesus seeking you out and came to where you were.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and they shall be tormented day and night (FOR EVER AND EVER).

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Scripture tells you in Revelation 14 that whoever worshipped the beast and his image, and received his mark in his forehead, or in his hand. Would be tormented (FOR EVER AND EVER). And they would have no rest day nor night.

Scripture does not say for ever and ever is just a short duration. It is (FOR EVER). I don't have to twist anything. I just believe the OBVIOUS.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and they shall be tormented day and night (FOR EVER AND EVER).

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Scripture tells you in Revelation 14 that whoever worshipped the beast and his image, and received his mark in his forehead, or in his hand. Would be tormented (FOR EVER AND EVER). And they would have no rest day nor night.

Scripture does not say for ever and ever is just a short duration. It is (FOR EVER). I don't have to twist anything. I just believe the OBVIOUS.
He we go again with the old for ever and ever thing. I know you have been on threads where this has been explained to you,and while you believe it's impossible for there to be errors in translation, it's not even worth debating with you.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorrytoliveinPa View Post
What bout children who want to believe and can't? And they die, say age 13-15...after the age of the supposed accountablity? God just sends them to hell, seems so wrong to me, to send anyone to hell, I know many people who are not believers or want to be and they can not seem to believe no matter how long and or how hard they try...including myself, my family and friends and many like us who are good decent people who work hard, love with their hearts, give to others, etc etc and yet we are doomed to hell? And I know alot of people who claim they are saved who are in and out of jail, horrible awful people but they get into heaven just by being able to believe? sounds sooo wrong! unfair and not very loving to me.

True believers in Jesus will be known by the works they do. And not by lip service. Many who claim to be Christians will not be accepted by God in the time of the end. And that is because God can see into their hearts. God has a better perspective then us, and He will judge correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity