Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM

698 posts, read 647,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The gospel is true regardless of whether it is believed or not believed. The gospel is the good news concerning what Christ did on behalf of mankind. The issue in salvation is man's response to the good news. God requires a faith response from man. God wants man to come to him voluntarily in response to His invitation. For those who choose not to there are eternal consequences.

I've already shown you in posts #70, #97 and finally, in #111 that justification takes place at the moment of faith in Christ. Not at the cross.
I beg to differ with you on the basis of Scripture.

Quote:
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw [Greek -drag] him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Mike John 6:44 does not say we cannot come to ‘Jesus’ unless ‘god’ invites us. No. "No man can come to Him, except ‘god’ drags him." ‘God’ must cause us to want to come to Jesus.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM

251 posts, read 209,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Actually it was the sinners of this world who had His killed and only because it was Gods plan. Jesus said Himself that they could do nothing to Him if the Father didnt allow it and that it was not them who killed Him but He who offered Himself up and He who released His spirit. So yes the entire world is responsible but it was God who offered and accepted the sacrifice of His beloved son for the sins of the world. It is all about God and not finger pointing.

You killed Christ just as much as I did.
So you think you will say on judgement day that you are innocent because you think everybody is guilty?
And the blood that covers you is somehow a protection.
No doubt you have allowed the spirit that killed Jesus to reside in you.
People at one time had said the devil made me do it when refering to their wrong doing.
You say God made them do it so it is OK in my book.
We see who your God is.

Is the Vatican ready to have a rummage sale to help all the poor and meek?
I think not.
It took a long time for them to become what was protested about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Agreed.
Here was an obscure man, poor, of no particular significance on a social level; he was filled with the Spirit of God while the religious were trying to figure out when their "King" would come for them.

Jesus goes around healing people, thereby causing a big stir. The religious don't know who he is, so they call him a devil, a deceiver of the people, a friend of sinners, and a sinner.

But they couldn't keep the Power of God down. They couldn't suppress it. They knew they were losing power over the people, and were afraid of losing their very country.

The religious are quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to hear. They had their doctrines and kingdoms to protect.

Did they really think that they would "lay it all aside" when their "King" came?

Will the religious of Christendom "lay aside" all they have when Christ returns in glory? Or will they find He was not what they expected, and do everything possible to get Him "out of the way?"

I believe some are ready to give it all up. But I think they are few, and probably not the "big names" we're used to seeing around..

Blessings,
brian

Last edited by Marka; 03-26-2011 at 10:37 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 02:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The gospel is true regardless of whether it is believed or not believed. The gospel is the good news concerning what Christ did on behalf of mankind. The issue in salvation is man's response to the good news. God requires a faith response from man. God wants man to come to him voluntarily in response to His invitation. For those who choose not to there are eternal consequences.

I've already shown you in posts #70, #97 and finally, in #111 that justification takes place at the moment of faith in Christ. Not at the cross.
Yes, the Gospel is true whether one believes it or not. That's probably the first thing we've agreed on today .

And, that's why the Gospel is a PROCLAMATION and not an offer. And there is "NO ISSUE" regarding it.

You either believe the proclamation or you do not. And God does not "require a faith response" by man to make His proclamation's true.

The proclamation of the Gospel can only be spiritually heard by those born of the Spirit, not those of the flesh. There is nothing that the flesh will profit from when hearing the Gospel.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Consequently, the flesh is, and always will be, under judgment and wrath. That's why one must be born again (regenerated), from above.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This we agree on

Old 03-25-2011, 02:47 PM

Sounds like you know a little about the bible you look at.

Answer me this.
How many spirits does God have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Yes, the Gospel is true whether one believes it or not. That's probably the first thing we've agreed on today .

And, that's why the Gospel is a PROCLAMATION and not an offer. And there is "NO ISSUE" regarding it.

You either believe the proclamation or you do not. And God does not "require a faith response" by man to make His proclamation's true.

The proclamation of the Gospel can only be spiritually heard by those born of the Spirit, not those of the flesh. There is nothing that the flesh will profit from when hearing the Gospel.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Consequently, the flesh is, and always will be, under judgment and wrath. That's why one must be born again (regenerated), from above.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This we agree on
Yes be gentle.
Finn has been having a diffi cult time for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I'm not making anything personal. I'm sorry your taking it that way. I'm using "you" in the general sense here. Why are you avoiding the discussion?
Let me rephrase - I will use a neutral pronoun instead of "you" except when I absolutely need to refer to you so I do not offend you.

You said that salvation has absolutely nothing to do with you, and everything to do with Jesus, the Savior. I agree.

However, if that is true, then whether one accepts Christ or not can have no effect on your salvation because it has absolutely nothing to do with them. If someone said it did, they would just be being prideful, because in actuality it only has to with what Jesus did, and they would be "feeling proud" that they did the "right thing" when in actuality it was all Jesus work that saved them.

Last edited by Marka; 03-26-2011 at 10:36 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 03:08 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,832,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
So you think you will say on judgement day that you are innocent because you think everybody is guilty?
And the blood that covers you is somehow a protection.
No doubt you have allowed the spirit that killed Jesus to reside in you.
People at one time had said the devil made me do it when refering to their wrong doing.
You say God made them do it so it is OK in my book.
We see who your God is.
No not at all I will openly claim that I am not worthy because I am responsible for all of my wrong doing and I seek Christ daily to cleanse me and guide me to be more like Him and less like the old me.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
No not at all I will openly claim that I am not worthy because I am responsible for all of my wrong doing and I seek Christ daily to cleanse me and guide me to be more like Him and less like the old me.
So you think you can fool God ?
You had told another poster that everyone was responsible for Jesus death.
Is that part of your wrong doing?
Murdering an innocent man?
Joining in with everyone else because you thought you could get away with it?
You down play the brutal torture of who you claim was God's son?
Who told you God wanted this to happen?
Who told you the Judge would allow you to get away with this?
Who told you?
Who told YOU!?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
...How many spirits does God have?
I would have to say One, the Spirit of Jesus.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,756,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus says differently in John 3. Does perish not mean perish?
Jesus does not say differently anywhere ...

Jesus is very clear , and Paul reiterates him over and again, that the old nature must pass away(perish), before everything can be made new. The old carnal person must be destroyed so that the new spiritual person can be made alive and quickened.

Of course we have been over this time and time again on this forum so i do not expect you to absorb and remember it, but i answer it anyway, for the lurkers ...

Saul perished, and Paul was made new ...

Peace

Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Why do I have the feeling, you're going to say otherwise...LOL

Old 03-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I would have to say One, the Spirit of Jesus.
That was not what is written in the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.