Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:42 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,995,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jesus card.....how degrading how blasphemous
What is degrading and blasphemous is those many who constantly use the name of Jesus and say the name of Jesus but do not do the things he said, do not love their brothers, are pro-war, against health-care for the poor, pro death penalty etc...
That is what I call using the 'Magic Jesus Card'. Way too many evangelicals think the name of Jesus magically removes their thoughts and actions from God's sight. I find that offensive. And nothing is more blasphemous than the ET doctrine which you teach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:45 PM

23,001 posts, read 34,313,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Why do you two believe Jesus' blood is inadequate for the vast majority of all people ever created? You believe there's not enough "power in the blood" to save everyone He desires to save.
I don't and I'm sure Mike does not either.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,106,988 times
Quote:
I don't and I'm sure Mike does not either.
Oh really? How so? I didn't ask why you don't think it's powerful enough to offer a choice, but powerful enough to save.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 PM

33,014 posts, read 26,240,725 times
Quote:
ILNC, do you believe in once-saved-always-saved? If so, don't you realize how silly and ironic it is for believers in that to mock URs in this way? Someone can, as Mike says, make a volitional decision to believe in Jesus and his sins are paid for and he will never lose his salvation. Then he can make a volitional decision to murder someone and he'll still go to heaven. But the victim might be a young person who has reached the age of accountability, lived a near-sinless life, loved others, maybe even prayed and read the Bible, but never got around to making the decision, so he will be in deep voodoo forever.

Nevermind the fact that, depending on your denomination, even a person who made that decision but wasn't confessed up, or wasn't baptized, or thought they were required to feel sorry for their sins, still wouldn't be saved! Ugh! Furthermore, most of us weren't even taught to fear any kind of "reaping what we sow" in the afterlife, because as long as we said that sinner's prayer we'll live happily ever after. So the murderer gets to skip off into eternity, while his victim burns forever.
Sin was judged - paid for at the cross. Sin is forgiven at the moment a person places their faith in Christ for salvation.

No one dies until God permits it. The time, place and manner of death of each member of the human race was decided by God in eternity past. A persons death is a matter of divine sovereignty and omniscience. Once a person reaches the point of accountability, if he is positive at that point then God will give him ample opportunity to respond to the gospel message so that he can choose for or against Christ.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,106,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Sin was judged - paid for at the cross. Sin is forgiven at the moment a person places their faith in Christ for salvation.

No one dies until God permits it. The time, place and manner of death of each member of the human race was decided by God in eternity past. A persons death is a matter of divine sovereignty and omniscience. Once a person reaches the point of accountability, if he is positive at that point then God will give him ample opportunity to respond to the gospel message so that he can choose for or against Christ.
There's no scriptural basis for the underlined part.

Nothing about age of accountability
Nothing about being "positive" at any given point
Nothing about a guarantee of being given ample opportunity to respond to the gospel

Old 03-24-2011, 09:13 PM

63,533 posts, read 39,819,736 times
Quote:
Everyone is Not saved, nor will they be. You will answer to God for promoting the lie of Universalism.
I have no fear of God whatsoever . . . I meet Him daily. I would be concerned about your minimizing the importance and achievements of Christ by proclaiming that it was NOT for ALL humankind . . . but just for the select few who believe as you do. I acknowledge the glorious accomplishment He achieved for ALL humankind. I am comfortable my fate will better yours.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
To say that Christians can lose their salvation is to say that the blood of Christ was inadequate to perfect for all time those whom God has sanctified.

1 John 5:13-15
John 10:27-30
Romans 8:28-39
Hebrews 9:12
Hebrews 10:10
John 5:24
Quote:
That's exactly right ILNC. All sin was judged and paid for at the cross. Not forgiven, but judged. When a person believes in Christ those sins previously judged at the cross are forgiven. It is impossible to commit a sin which was not already judged at the cross. And the church-age believer is placed into union with Christ by the baptism of the Holy Spirit which means that the believer is positionally sanctified. He can never lose his position in Christ. He is eternally secure.

Quote:
Why do you two believe Jesus' blood is inadequate for the vast majority of all people ever created? You believe there's not enough "power in the blood" to save everyone He desires to save.

All sin was judged at the cross. Therefore sin is not the issue in salvation. The only issue in salvation is whether or not a person will trust Christ for eternal life. When a person believes in Christ for salvation, at that point, God the Father imputes His perfect righteousness and His eternal life to that person. At that point, God declares him justified. At that point the one who has believed is qualified to spend eternity in the presence of God forever.

Man's sins were imputed to Christ on the Cross. God's perfect righteousness and eternal life is imputed at the moment of faith in Christ. Until and unless a person believes in Christ he remains under eternal condemnation because he lacks the perfect righteousness of God which again, is imputed to him when and only when, he believes in Christ.

The work of Christ on the cross made eternal salvation available for all men. But eternal salvation becomes a reality for any person only when he makes a volitional decision to place his faith in Christ.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have no fear of God whatsoever . . . I meet Him daily. I would be concerned about your minimizing the importance and achievements of Christ by proclaiming that it was NOT for ALL humankind . . . but just for the select few who believe as you do. I acknowledge the glorious accomplishment He achieved for ALL humankind. I am comfortable my fate will better yours.
What Christ did on the cross was for all mankind. But unless a person makes a personal faith decision to believe in Christ, he cannot appropiate what Christ did on his behalf.

The god you think you are meeting is not the God of the Bible. The true God who you call evil. And you will answer to Him.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
There's no scriptural basis for the underlined part.

Nothing about age of accountability
Nothing about being "positive" at any given point
Nothing about a guarantee of being given ample opportunity to respond to the gospel
Yes there is. It is based on the character of God. This has been gone over before. It need not be gone over again.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 PM

63,533 posts, read 39,819,736 times
Quote:
What Christ did on the cross was for all mankind. But unless a person makes a personal faith decision to believe in Christ, he cannot appropiate what Christ did on his behalf.
Our salvation is not up to us . . . Jesus did that part. We are to build on His Foundation of "Love of God and each other." That will be tested.
Quote:
The god you think you are meeting is not the God of the Bible. The true God who you call evil. And you will answer to Him.
There is ONLY ONE God and Jesus Christ has revealed His True Nature unambiguously. It is that nature that I meet daily . . . I am not worried and cannot be dissuaded about God's true nature by some improperly interpreted ancient writings under the veil of ignorance in the OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity