Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:53 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our salvation is not up to us . . . Jesus did that part. We are to build on His Foundation of "Love of God and each other." That will be tested.There is ONLY ONE God and Jesus Christ has revealed His True Nature unambiguously. It is that nature that I meet daily . . . I am not worried and cannot be dissuaded about God's true nature by some improperly interpreted ancient writings under the veil of ignorance in the OT.
Man has a volitional responsibility to respond to the gospel message of salvation. God did all the work in making salvation possible. He extends the offer of salvation, and it is up to each member of the human race to use his God given volition to say 'yes' or 'no' to the invitation which God extends.

Jesus Christ IS God, the Second Person of the Trinity. He is the God of the Old Testament who you call evil. If you insist on rejectiing the truth, then let it be on your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Man has a volitional responsibility to respond to the gospel message of salvation. God did all the work in making salvation possible. He extends the offer of salvation, and it is up to each member of the human race to use his God given volition to say 'yes' or 'no' to the invitation which God extends.

Jesus Christ IS God, the Second Person of the Trinity. He is the God of the Old Testament who you call evil. If you insist on rejectiing the truth, then let it be on your head.
And if you insist on rejecting the truth then let it be on your head ...

Yet i am confident that God will heal your stony heart and your darkened mind regardless of how hard and dark they may be at this time, or how violent and bloodthirsty you desire may be to see most of humanity tortured forever.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have no fear of God whatsoever . . . I meet Him daily. I would be concerned about your minimizing the importance and achievements of Christ by proclaiming that it was NOT for ALL humankind . . . but just for the select few who believe as you do. I acknowledge the glorious accomplishment He achieved for ALL humankind. I am comfortable my fate will better yours.
Reading the bible everyday is not meeting God.

Your posts are void of any spirit or life too.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:10 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:

You cannot point to a single place in the scriptures where an individual who Jesus met, after Jesus came to where they were turned him down.The rich young ruler who came to Jesus is the example of what you believe and teach,and the result is nothing arrives in form of salvation and the individual leaves empty handed, and so it is with all who think doing something will give them salvation.

When Jesus knocks on your door, Salvation arrives too, not in the form of an offer,but arrives and makes it's home in you.The account of Zacchaeus in Luke 19 beautifully bears out how salvation comes to the individual and when it does there is only one outcome.........Salvation !!!!!!!!!!!

The greatest example of this is the conversion of Saul.

God apprehends us,whether you like it or not.

Those who are hearing are believing, those who are not believing are not hearing.

“Lord, who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:
“He has blinded their eyes
and deadened their hearts,
so they can neither see with their eyes,
nor understand with their hearts,
nor turn—and I would heal them.”h
Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-25-2011 at 03:21 AM..

Old 03-25-2011, 07:19 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Right, I said as much in another thread and it got deleted, thanks for putting it in a proper way as to not offend. It's all about the wording and you speak the utter and indisputable truth.
Ilene, Ironmaw, pcamps, etc. as I said in my other thread on the truth of the matter: God doesn't intend for everyone to understand right now. And there's absolutely nothing we can do to change that until God's appointed time. Its hard to accept that but that is what we witness on here and in the world in a daily basis. We have been subjected to futility... yet we must persevere in hope that God is using us to bring other people to the truth.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
There's no scriptural basis for the underlined part.

Nothing about age of accountability
Nothing about being "positive" at any given point
Nothing about a guarantee of being given ample opportunity to respond to the gospel
Quote:
Yes there is. It is based on the character of God. This has been gone over before. It need not be gone over again.
That's too funny. You believe God only shows unconditional love and mercy to someone until they reach a certain undefined age, and that some little glimmer of curiousity about God magically gives them time to make a decision. Neither of these things are in the Bible and you know it, so you say it's based on His character. Yet you also think His character includes tormenting someone forever. Unreal.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:48 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Is such a sweet concept... when God's TOS is so indistinguishable that then God would allow athesists to Satanists to Muslims to Buddhists to cultists to those who reject Jesus to the sexually immoral to the murderers can remain that way and still be allowed in.

Don't you just get all fuzzy warm feelings when enlightened Satan deflects the blame of the student....but attempts to blames the teacher.

LUTHER: Commenting on 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
..."If you want to judge according to what you see and feel and,
when the Word of God is set before you, want to pit your feeling against it and say:
'You tell me much; but my heart speaks a different language, and if you felt what I feel, you, too, would speak differently' --
then you do not have the Word of God in the heart but have quenched and extinguished it by your own thoughts, reason, and brooding..."
This is awesome

Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
In other words, salvation is a free gift, but only if you earn it ... right?
No only if you accept it.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:05 PM

If people want to know what real universalism is then go here www.ulc.net

Old 03-25-2011, 01:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If people want to know what real universalism is then go here.
When you know to do that which is good, right, and acceptable, but don’t; you’ve missed the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity