U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,209 times

Advertisements

...love?
...show compassion?
...have mercy?
...encourage to good works?
...do things that are good?
...be kind?
...forgive?
...be selfless?
...do anything that is good?
...make peace?
...do anything other than steal, kill and destroy?

If someone shows us love, can that love be satanic? Methinks not..

Curious to hear your thoughts!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
...love?
...show compassion?
...have mercy?
...be kind?
...forgive?
...be selfless?
...make peace?

Blessings,
brian
Why would the focus be on satan, instead of God? I personally don't care what satan can do, or not do. He has no power over me.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Why would the focus be on satan, instead of God? I personally don't care what satan can do, or not do. He has no power over me.
Boy, talk about evading the question! Peace, brian

Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,504 times
Quote:
Boy, talk about evading the question! Peace, brian

To answer your question, yes. Satan can do ALL those things which are listed. Why? Because he can masquarade as an angel of Light, and by this, he can do those things listed.

He can only do, what he is allowed to do. Even if that is to fool the people. Peter was called satan by Jesus, and this for not wanting Jesus to go to the cross out of his love FOR Jesus.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
To answer your question, yes. Satan can do ALL those things which are listed. Why? Because he can masquarade as an angel of Light, and by this, he can do those things listed.

He can only do, what he is allowed to do. Even if that is to fool the people. Peter was called satan by Jesus, and this for not wanting Jesus to go to the cross out of his love FOR Jesus.
So satan can love people? Satan can fill our hearts with joy? Satan can bring peace among people?

Somehow I'm not convinced. If satan is a destroyer, liar and killer, then I can't see how he can do anything else. If he "masquarades," it means to me that he "pretends." But a pretender is easily spotted.
A person who says "I love you" but does not show it, is a pretender. That would be satanic. But someone who actually shows the love is not a pretender.

Jesus said that satan is a liar, and speaks only lies. That there is no truth in him. So it is "impossible" for satan to say things that are truthful.

Likewise, if he comes to kill, I do not think he can give life. If he comes to destroy, how can he be a builder??

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM

20,305 posts, read 15,661,748 times
Quote:
...love?
...show compassion?
...have mercy?
...be kind?
...forgive?
...be selfless?
...make peace?

Blessings,
brian
Moderator cut: delete2 Corinthians 11:14 'And no wonder, for even Satan disquises himself as an angel of light. 15] Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disquise themselves as servants of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-24-2011 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: baiting

Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,045,424 times
[quote=Mike555;18419104]

Moderator cut: orphaned2 Corinthians 11:14 'And no wonder, for even Satan disquises himself as an angel of light. 15] Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disquise themselves as servants of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-24-2011 at 02:20 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,134,705 times
Quote:
...love?
...show compassion?
...have mercy?
...be kind?
...forgive?
...be selfless?
...make peace?

Blessings,
brian
"Satan" can't do anything because he doesn't exist. The only evil in this world is what is in the hearts of men and their actions towards the children of God. We are all brothers and sisters from the highest saint to the most vile of sinners. When we do not show love to one another, we are harboring our own satans.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 AM

58,519 posts, read 31,909,570 times
He will use and promise anything and everything to deceive us. Can he make peace? Yes, the Bible says the anti-Christ will initially be a peace maker, but the peace is used only as a tool and stepping stone to achieve his real goals.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
"Satan" can't do anything because he doesn't exist. The only evil in this world is what is in the hearts of men and their actions towards the children of God. We are all brothers and sisters from the highest saint to the most vile of sinners. When we do not show love to one another, we are harboring our own satans.
This is a very possible explanation, and one I have also suggested in previous posts.
And it's also something to deal honestly with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He will use and promise anything and everything to deceive us. Can he make peace? Yes, the Bible says the anti-Christ will initially be a peace maker, but the peace is used only as a tool and stepping stone to achieve his real goals.
A "feigned" peace is not peace at all, as I'm sure you would agree.

If Christ is the "Prince of Peace," then I don't see how satan's realm can include anything to do with true, unfeigned peace.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity