U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 AM

12,880 posts, read 6,956,045 times

Advertisements

Universalism is a false doctrine which rests on among other things, a misunderstanding and wrong interpretation of Scripture. One of the passages which Universalists grossly misunderstand has to with the restoration of all things referred to in Acts 3:21. The Universalist thinks that the 'restoration of all things' - they like to call it the 'restitution of all things,' refers to all men being saved. It in fact does not imply that whatsoever. The Scriptures cannot be more clear that those who die without Christ will be eternally separated from God.

The restoration of all things in Acts 3:21 refers back to Acts 1:6 where the Apostles asked Jesus if He was going to restore the kingdom to Israel at that time.

Acts 1:6 'And so when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, ''Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?'' Jesus replyed that it wasn't for them to know times and epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority.

Acts 3:21 'Whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

The word 'restoration' is rendered from the Greek noun apolatastasis which means restoration to a former state (cp. Acts 1:6). The meaning is restricted by the words ''which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.'' The prophets spoke of the restoration of Israel to the land.

Romans 11:25 'For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery-- so that you will not be wise in your own estimation-- that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26] and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."

This passage points back to such Old Testament prophecies as

Isa 45:17 'But Israel will be saved by the LORD with an everlasting salvation; you will never be put to shame or disgraced, to ages everlasting.'

Jeremiah 31:1 ''At that time," declares the LORD, ''I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they will be my people.''

Jeremiah 31:37 'This is what the LORD says: ''Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," declares the LORD.''

The Palestinian Covenant will find its full fulfillment in the restoration of all things when Christ returns and sets up the Millennial Kingdom. Deuteronomy 30:1 ''So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the LORD your GOD has banished you, 2] and you return to the LORD your GOD and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3] then the LORD your GOD will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your GOD has scattered you. More can be found about the Palestinian Covenant at the following link: What is the Palestinian Covenant?

Going back to Romans 11:25 the phrase 'and so all Israel will be saved,' does not mean that every Jew in history will be saved. No such prophecy of the conversion and restoration of the wicked dead is to be found in the Scriptures. Instead, what is found is that which is described in Revelation 20:11-15.

The times of refreshing mentioned in Acts 3:19 is a reference to the future Millennial kingdom. The restoration of all things - the restoration of the kingdom to Israel at the end of the tribulation.

Universalists have no justifcation whatsoever for attempting to apply Acts 3:21 with its reference to the 'restoration of all things' to some imagined salvation of all men. Because they they so badly corrupt the meaning of the passage it is no surprise that they also corrupt the meaning of the other passages with which they seek to promote their non-Biblical belief.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 03:51 AM

7,374 posts, read 4,450,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Universalism is a false doctrine which rests on among other things, a misunderstanding and wrong interpretation of Scripture. One of the passages which Universalists grossly misunderstand has to with the restoration of all things referred to in Acts 3:21. The Universalist thinks that the 'restoration of all things' - they like to call it the 'restitution of all things,' refers to all men being saved. It in fact does not imply that whatsoever. The Scriptures cannot be more clear that those who die without Christ will be eternally separated from God.

The restoration of all things in Acts 3:21 refers back to Acts 1:6 where the Apostles asked Jesus if He was going to restore the kingdom to Israel at that time.

Acts 1:6 'And so when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, ''Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?'' Jesus replyed that it wasn't for them to know times and epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority.

Acts 3:21 'Whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

The word 'restoration' is rendered from the Greek noun apolatastasis which means restoration to a former state (cp. Acts 1:6). The meaning is restricted by the words ''which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.'' The prophets spoke of the restoration of Israel to the land.

Romans 11:25 'For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery-- so that you will not be wise in your own estimation-- that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26] and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."

This passage points back to such Old Testament prophecies as

Isa 45:17 'But Israel will be saved by the LORD with an everlasting salvation; you will never be put to shame or disgraced, to ages everlasting.'

Jeremiah 31:1 ''At that time," declares the LORD, ''I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they will be my people.''

Jeremiah 31:37 'This is what the LORD says: ''Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," declares the LORD.''

The Palestinian Covenant will find its full fulfillment in the restoration of all things when Christ returns and sets up the Millennial Kingdom. Deuteronomy 30:1 ''So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the LORD your GOD has banished you, 2] and you return to the LORD your GOD and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3] then the LORD your GOD will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your GOD has scattered you. More can be found about the Palestinian Covenant at the following link: What is the Palestinian Covenant?

Going back to Romans 11:25 the phrase 'and so all Israel will be saved,' does not mean that every Jew in history will be saved. No such prophecy of the conversion and restoration of the wicked dead is to be found in the Scriptures. Instead, what is found is that which is described in Revelation 20:11-15.

The times of refreshing mentioned in Acts 3:19 is a reference to the future Millennial kingdom. The restoration of all things - the restoration of the kingdom to Israel at the end of the tribulation.

Universalists have no justifcation whatsoever for attempting to apply Acts 3:21 with its reference to the 'restoration of all things' to some imagined salvation of all men. Because they they so badly corrupt the meaning of the passage it is no surprise that they also corrupt the meaning of the other passages with which they seek to promote their non-Biblical belief.
The false doctrines you teach are evident to all those that are hearing what the spirit is saying to the churches ... Come out of false religion Mike, before you take part in her judgments!

Your wrote repetition of what you have been programmed to believe by your religious leaders cannot stop God from accomplishing everything that he desires!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 AM

19,366 posts, read 9,504,628 times
The fundamentalists misunderstanding of the the restoration of all things is they do not know God and the voice of God to be able to understand it.There can be no other reason. My sheep hear my voice.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 AM

251 posts, read 50,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The fundamentalists misunderstanding of the the restoration of all things is they do not know God and the voice of God to be able to understand it.There can be no other reason. My sheep hear my voice.
I'd say as a group they are all lost in the wilderness.
Seeking shelter with the snakes.
And drinking their milk.
They should cut up the snakes and share the meat with the hungry.
And feed the milk back to the snakes.
I mean what the heck.
There are ur's ,et's,an's,as's but mostly bs's.
What is with all this divisiveness seeking an eternal life thru some coded magical message system?
I realize that is how all these groups get their membership.
But come on.
Can't any of them see any of it ?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 PM

10,693 posts, read 5,177,398 times
Mike is right. Apokatastasis was improperly used by some Universalists. Christ remains in heaven until the restoration of all things as spoken of by the prophets. He does not remain in heaven until Colossians 1:20 because Colossians 1:20 occurrs at the conclusion of the ages. Way before that Jesus comes back and sets foot on Zion, saves Israel and begins the 1000 year kingdom on the earth.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 PM

7,654 posts, read 6,630,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The false doctrines you teach are evident to all those that are hearing what the spirit is saying to the churches ... Come out of false religion Mike, before you take part in her judgments!

Your wrote repetition of what you have been programmed to believe by your religious leaders cannot stop God from accomplishing everything that he desires!
Well according to the Universalists, it matters little what false doctrine Mike follows, after all, we are all going to be saved anyway. RIGHT!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,034,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well according to the Universalists, it matters little what false doctrine Mike follows, after all, we are all going to be saved anyway. RIGHT!
You are right.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,046,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Scriptures cannot be more clear that those who die without Christ will be eternally separated from God.
Yes, the scriptures could be more clear if that were the case. For example, they could say something like, "Those who die without Christ will be eternally separated from God." But they don't.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 AM

9,590 posts, read 5,312,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Careful, you do not know the heart of no one.... period !
The self-righteousness is getting careless and sounds like it is coming pretty close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit in some of the things you believe and accuse that is what is going on in the hearts of other's, Christians...... when no one knows the heart of another but God and always making bold statements by denying the Holy Spirit in their lives..... calling the Holy Spirit, Molech....

Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM

23,170 posts, read 11,372,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Careful, you do not know the heart of no one.... period !
The self-righteousness is getting careless and sounds like it is coming pretty close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit in some of the things you believe and accuse that is what is going on in the hearts of other's, Christians...... when no one knows the heart of another but God and always making bold statements by denying the Holy Spirit in their lives..... calling the Holy Spirit, Molech....
The ignorant ancient barbarians who believed in Molech sacrificed their babies ALIVE in fire to Molech. Yet you would claim their contemporaries knew the true nature of God and the need for sacrifice??? True sacrifice is what YOU give up when denying your carnal drives that would harm others . . . NOT what God needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity