Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Will believing in Christ's atoning blood send me to hell?

There's too much discussion on this forum about doctrinal issues, and not enough glorification of the King, imo.
Apparently so because to believe in his atoning blood,what you are saying is God IS love.

There's to much downgrading of who God IS on this forum in my opinion,and there are far to many posters going to extreme lengths to prove it too, hating the thought that Love is the greatest and triumph's over everything that comes between God and man.He really does come across as a God of lack, a God who is not willing, a God who is not able, a God who is limited in love,grace and mercy.

Thankfully Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail, so we can remain unwavering and steadfast that he will accomplish what his word was sent out for.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-28-2011 at 05:23 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Blessings Ironmaw1776. I appreciate your post. Those crying out for ET remind me of those who cried, "crucify Him!". It's stunning to see such grace and love trampled underfoot. Also, I'm reminded of the scripture that says certain ones were TORMENTED IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB. And in another place in the NT some had "spied out their liberty in Christ" and someone said "Behold their threatenings (threats)". With such a large pile of bibles available, I'm sure those interested will go look these verses up.

Peace to all who abide in Love -
Heartsong

Old 03-28-2011, 05:53 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Funny how you mentioned it was Babylon that was falling, when if fact, it was the first place on earth that men were united under one banner. What were they trying to do?

REACH HEAVEN!! ALL OF THEM.

So, if Universalism was such a great idea, why did God not allow it then, to them? Instead He confounded the languages, and seperated the peoples.

What will Jesus do?

Seperate them.

Funny, you all think it will be a joining together event, when Christ Himself said it would not.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:09 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Funny how you mentioned it was Babylon that was falling, when if fact, it was the first place on earth that men were united under one banner. What were they trying to do?

REACH HEAVEN!! ALL OF THEM.

So, if Universalism was such a great idea, why did God not allow it then, to them? Instead He confounded the languages, and seperated the peoples.

What will Jesus do?

Seperate them.

Funny, you all think it will be a joining together event, when Christ Himself said it would not.
God divided the languages because Christ had not yet come and the times were not yet right for the gathering of all things together in him.

Quote:
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment--to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

What is the desire of God, which is according to his own Good pleasure?

Quote:
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
This is gods desire, that all people will be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth, and so we are confident that he will accomplish all his desire and that he is in truth the the savior of all people, and that all things which he made and of which he is preeminent will be made one together in him in the fullness of times.

And it is written ...

Quote:
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
It really is to bad that so many Christians believe and teach that Christ will fail to do what god sent him to do and fail to accomplish all of gods desire ...

But this is the great hope, though many Christians cannot comprehend it as a reality because of the great delusion of the roman church which twisted the gospel truth in order to subvert the gospel and control the masses by the threat of torture and death and everlasting damnation ...

All things which were created through and for Christ, whether visible or invisible, in heaven and in earth, all powers and rulers and authorities, will be brought together as one in Christ. And through him the father has ordained that all things which he has made should be reconciled to himself in the dispensation of the fullness of times.

Everything that God created has been reconciled, through the blood of Christ, to the father ... and its only a matter of time until all things which God has created will be brought together as one in him, when God shall become all and be in all.

Your lack of faith in Gods ability and purpose to accomplish all that he desires, through the work of Christ on the cross and by his resurrection, will not stop it from happening ... Because though some are faithless in the power of God to accomplish all his desire, nevertheless God is faithful and will accomplish his promise to be the savior of the whole world and of all people.

As it is written ...

Quote:
if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-28-2011 at 06:44 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
God divided the languages because Christ had not yet come and the times were not yet right for the gathering of all things together in him.

All things which were created through and for Christ, whether visible or invisible, in heaven and in earth, all powers and rulers and authorities, will be brought together in Christ , through whom the father has ordained that all things should be reconciled to himself in the dispensation of the fullness of times.

Everything that God created will has been reconciled through the blood of Christ to the father, and all things which God created will be brought together as one in him.

Your lack of faith will not stop it from happening ...
We may live physically in different parts of the world but not in separation from one another and God Himself. For in him we live and move and have our being.

24“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28‘For in him WE live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ Acts 17

Old 03-28-2011, 06:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We may live physically in different parts of the world but not in separation from one another and God Himself. For in him we live and move and have our being.

24“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28‘For in him WE live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ Acts 17

Indeed, and this he was saying to unbelievers, that we are all his offspring, yet the great harlot would have us believe that God will torture and damn most of his offspring for ever ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-28-2011 at 06:50 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Indeed, and this he was saying to unbelievers, that we are all his offspring, yet the great harlot would have us believe that God will torture and damn most of his offspring for ever ...
They are NOT ALL His offspring.

As far as the Harlot goes, that would be those teaching that sinful pleasures in this life will be ok in the next. Like Jezebel, they are not repentent, so they will die the second death.

And sadly, I don't feel the least bit sorry for those who trample the Word of God with lies. Blasphemy carries the strictest penalties. It would have been better if they had lived their lives however they wanted without regard to the Truth, then to have learned it, and left it, for a whores doctrine.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
They are NOT ALL His offspring.

As far as the Harlot goes, that would be those teaching that sinful pleasures in this life will be ok in the next. Like Jezebel, they are not repentent, so they will die the second death.

And sadly, I don't feel the least bit sorry for those who trample the Word of God with lies. Blasphemy carries the strictest penalties. It would have been better if they had lived their lives however they wanted without regard to the Truth, then to have learned it, and left it, for a whores doctrine.
The Spirit of Jesus Christ lamented over those you don't feel the least bit sorry for Hot.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.Look, your house is left to you desolate.For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

This is why I weep
and my eyes overflow with tears.
No one is near to comfort me,
no one to restore my spirit.
My children are destitute
because the enemy has prevailed.”
Lamentations 1:16

For we all his offspring, not just the self righteous.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
'tis madness. What people attribute to the Creator.

How joyful we will all be when finally everyone understands just how much the Creator loves us.

Babylon is indeed falling...
slowly but surely.
And I can see a bit of panic setting in, in some folks.
But there is no fear in love.
Perfect love casts out all fear.
If folks can just grasp that, they'll realize that babylon falling is a most wonderful thing.

peace,
sparrow

Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Spirit of Jesus Christ lamented over those you don't feel the least bit sorry for Hot.
As well the Spirit of Christ should pcamps. After all, He died that men should live, through Him. Anyone who doesn't partake of this life, is lost. Not His loss, but lost.

And since I claim no Spirit of Christ IN me, until confirmed, then I can say that those who trample the Word of God are MY ENEMIES. I am tired of the soft scrub approach. The Word can stand on it's own, and the Fire that reveals can pierce the darkest of hearts. If not, they will be burned UP completely, and they will be dead. Completely.

Quote:
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.Look, your house is left to you desolate.For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"
And? I understand this passage, but evidently you don't.

Quote:
This is why I weep
and my eyes overflow with tears.
No one is near to comfort me,
no one to restore my spirit.
My children are destitute
because the enemy has prevailed.”
Lamentations 1:16
The enemy has prevailed. The nations of people who have subdued them? Are not they the enemies? So are the enemies, his children? Hmm...

Quote:
For we all his offspring, not just the self righteous.
We are all created, but not all are IN the Body of Christ. Sorry, scripture will argue against you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity