U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,657,086 times

Advertisements

I'm going to tell you why TWO is so important.

Many of you know the Old Testament speaks of Two Tables of stone which we know having the 10 Commandments written thereon.

Did you know those Tables of Stone were referred to as the TESTIMONY?

Exo 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Did you know this:

Joh 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Now that verse is a reference to this one:

Deu 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Notice that? - Two witness establish Truth. Did you know this:

Luk 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

The Apostles were sent by TWOs to preach the Word of God to establish a Testimony or WITNESS of Christ. But for what? - So that we who hear the testimony could be PUT TO DEATH! More on that in a moment.

As was stated earlier, the 10 Commandments came to us as the TESTIMONY. Those the TWO WITNESSES of the Old Covenant. But today there is another:

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Fleshy Tables of the HEART!!! Get that? So those Apostles being sent by TWO are carrying that WITNESS of God to put you to DEATH.

Still don't believe this: Let's continue:

Luk 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Now if you took that bolded part above literally and thought that Jesus was actually telling you to take a literal sword then you stumbled over the rock here. Because Jesus used earthly things to teach of Heavenly things. So since we must understand this spiritually speaking - what is it that Spiritually is a SWORD? Let's continue:

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

So there you have it. The SWORD of the Spirit is the Word of God. But let's look at how Jesus direction in was taken:

Luk 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Two Swords and Jesus said it was ENOUGH? When is two ever enough? - answer is it is enough to validate Testimony (Be a Witness) to put someone to death.

The Apostles were sent two by two meaning each had the Spiritual Sword that could destroy the WICKED "old man" in each of us.

God is essentially THROWING STONES at us by throwing at us His Apostles (stones) in order to destroy our wicked nature. See this is how you must understand God's Word. When you believe it from an earthly perspective (as the Israetlites did) then you would throw literal stones and kill with a literal sword. But when you understand that God's Word is a Spiritual message, you see a completely different message of love and justice towards all being revealed.

So under the NEW COVENANT, the Two WITNESSES are those that Have the Testimony of God (Word of God). So the ark of the New Covenant is not gold laden case from the old testament but those that WITNESS of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,382,703 times
Yes, I believe that we are still under the old testimony, that the New covenant will begin soon, as the two witness begin testifying the true word of God. Judgment and Tribulation.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Yes, I believe that we are still under the old testimony, that the New covenant will begin soon, as the two witness begin testifying the true word of God. Judgment and Tribulation.
Just want to be clear, that is not what my post was explaining.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,388,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post

Many of you know the Old Testament speaks of Two Tables of stone which we know having the 10 Commandments written thereon.

Exo 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Did you know this:

Deu 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Luk 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

The Apostles were sent by TWOs to preach the Word of God to establish a Testimony or WITNESS of Christ. But for what? - So that we who hear the testimony could be PUT TO DEATH! More on that in a moment.

As was stated earlier, the 10 Commandments came to us as the TESTIMONY. Those the TWO WITNESSES of the Old Covenant. But today there is another:

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Fleshy Tables of the HEART!!! Get that? So those Apostles being sent by TWO are carrying that WITNESS of God to put you to DEATH.

Luk 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Now if you took that bolded part above literally and thought that Jesus was actually telling you to take a literal sword then you stumbled over the rock here. Because Jesus used earthly things to teach of Heavenly things. So since we must understand this spiritually speaking - what is it that Spiritually is a SWORD? Let's continue:

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

So there you have it. The SWORD of the Spirit is the Word of God. But let's look at how Jesus direction in was taken:

Luk 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Two Swords and Jesus said it was ENOUGH? When is two ever enough? - answer is it is enough to validate Testimony (Be a Witness) to put someone to death.

The Apostles were sent two by two meaning each had the Spiritual Sword that could destroy the WICKED "old man" in each of us.

God is essentially THROWING STONES at us by throwing at us His Apostles (stones) in order to destroy our wicked nature. See this is how you must understand God's Word. When you believe it from an earthly perspective (as the Israetlites did) then you would throw literal stones and kill with a literal sword. But when you understand that God's Word is a Spiritual message, you see a completely different message of love and justice towards all being revealed.

So under the NEW COVENANT, the Two WITNESSES are those that Have the Testimony of God (Word of God). So the ark of the New Covenant is not gold laden case from the old testament but those that WITNESS of Christ.
That was a very insightful revelation. I learned much from this bread!!

But the Witness, even those written, will not change, because the witness speaks of the Truth. The Truth being Christ Jesus. He IS a King, and He has Laws. Even in Revelation we see this:

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
That was a very insightful revelation. I learned much from this bread!!

But the Witness, even those written, will not change, because the witness speaks of the Truth. The Truth being Christ Jesus. He IS a King, and He has Laws. Even in Revelation we see this:

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Praise Jesus HotinAZ. I'm glad He put it in your heart to think it insighful revelation. I believe He gave me that revelation also when I researched this.

God bless you brother.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM

Consider this:

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Now as many of us know under Moses Law if you despised the law you were killed - no mercy was provided. Here Hebrews 29 is shown to tell us that if we trodden under foot the Son of God that there is a greater punishment. Remember a punishment is meant to curtail but here a greater punishment will be met for those that have trodden under foot the Son of God.

So there is a GREATER curtailment coming. TWO is important. And to disregard so many scriptures and take them from an earthly perspective is to stumble over the rock.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,137,111 times
Quote:

Did you know this:

Quote:
Consider this:

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Now as many of us know under Moses Law if you despised the law you were killed - no mercy was provided. Here Hebrews 29 is shown to tell us that if we trodden under foot the Son of God that there is a greater punishment. Remember a punishment is meant to curtail but here a greater punishment will be met for those that have trodden under foot the Son of God.

So there is a GREATER curtailment coming. TWO is important. And to disregard so many scriptures and take them from an earthly perspective is to stumble over the rock.
This is a GREAT thread, trettep!
I particularly liked your understanding of Jesus' words regarding the two swords. Two is the number of witness or testimony.

In Revelation, we see the testimony of the 2 witnesses. The Word (not the Bible) and the Spirit. These are always in harmony.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
This is a GREAT thread, trettep!
I particularly liked your understanding of Jesus' words regarding the two swords. Two is the number of witness or testimony.

In Revelation, we see the testimony of the 2 witnesses. The Word (not the Bible) and the Spirit. These are always in harmony.

Blessings,
brian
Praise God, Brian. He taught me that. Men with their earthly perspective have failed to understand the two swords meaning. Here is small piece from Adam Clarke's commentary on the verse:

"...I must here confess that the matter about the swords appear to me very obscure. I am afraid I do not understand it, and I know of none who does. ..."

Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,137,111 times
Quote:
Praise God, Brian. He taught me that. Men with their earthly perspective have failed to understand the two swords meaning. Here is small piece from Adam Clarke's commentary on the verse:

"...I must here confess that the matter about the swords appear to me very obscure. I am afraid I do not understand it, and I know of none who does. ..."
Yes, it may be that the Lord has given you a true word concerning this verse. The number 2 is very important in scripture, and there's probably even more to find if one digs and seeks revelation; I'd love to read more on it!

The concept of a "sword" to the carnal mind, is a literal sword. How often these types of verses have been used for bloodshed throughout history! It's chilling just to think about..!
Yet a "sword" is also, I believe, symbolic of the tongue. As Jesus in revelation is described as one with a sword coming out of his mouth. It is what He speaks that "cuts to the heart" of man. Not the barbaric use of bloodshed and oppression to wield one's power with...
Well, not wanting to derail the thread any, I'll stop here..

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,920,115 times
To often we look at the words of the Bible from our carnal perspective, quenching the Spirit and demanding we be right, when in fact we are wronng and lead others wrong because we abuse one witness and ignore the other. We, our, me, mine, I and so on are selfish terms while we should be focused of the Lord and His perspective. This is where contradictions and confusion come from, a carnal perspective. So many seek a carnal answer and fall into carnal sins while abusing one witness and ignoring the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity