Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

Yes, at 58 I still study every week just because I thirst to know more about God, His will, His love, mercy, forgiveness, and all the rest that he has to teach me in his Holy Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wow, thanks for the kind response.
So, I'm not supposed to rely on the written word, and to prove your point, you quote Scripture.
Am I the only one who finds this ironic?
When you try to simplify complex answers to fit your own agenda you are not sincerely seeking the truth. Properly DIVIDING the word is knowing how to use what is "written in ink" and the Living Word of God who abides with us within our consciousness as the Holy Spirit. Pretending there is a simple one size fits all answer as to what to rely on reflects a childish and insincere mind.
Quote:
For the record, I do rely on the Holy Spirit, which indwells me (and all believers), to know the truth.
For the record, the Holy Spirit indwells EVERYONE born since the death and rebirth of Christ as Spirit. We all don't heed His Holy Spirit though.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When you try to simplify complex answers to fit your own agenda you are not sincerely seeking the truth. Properly DIVIDING the word is knowing how to use what is "written in ink" and the Living Word of God who abides with us within our consciousness as the Holy Spirit. Pretending there is a simple one size fits all answer as to what to rely on reflects a childish and insincere mind.
For the record, the Holy Spirit indwells EVERYONE born since the death and rebirth of Christ as Spirit. We all don't heed His Holy Spirit though.
No, the Holy Spirit does not indwell everyone. He only indwells those who have received Jesus Christ as Savior.

But since you made the claim that He indwells everyone, PROVE IT!!! Back up your claim with Scripture.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Properly DIVIDING the word is knowing how to use what is "written in ink" and the Living Word of God who abides with us.
With this, I can agree. This is the job of the Holy Spirit.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:37 PM

4 posts, read 2,952 times
Smile Applause, Applause!

Hey, thy good and faithful servant! This was well done. I loved this post and made notes. I will pass this on. 😊😇✌

Old 08-16-2015, 06:55 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
With this, I can agree. This is the job of the Holy Spirit.
Good. Now you need to stop demanding that the Holy Spirit within us agree with everything in the Bible. That is not being led by the Holy spirit. It is demanding that the Holy Spirit be led by the Bible. So sad that you cannot seem to grasp this obvious truth. God has "written in our hearts" and the Comforter is within us to guide us to it . . . Stop ignoring what is in your heart by pretending it is what is in the Bible. Be sincere when questioning your heart under the guidance of the Comforter. Stop using the "precepts and doctrines of men" about what you THINK you are supposed to find in your heart!

Old 08-16-2015, 08:19 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
DO YOU STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD?
I do, but it's not anything a Christian would approve of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity