Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 10:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
pcamps,
I've re-read this and just simply say that " I 'reject "I believe in Jesus and the Bible' " is in opposition to:
Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The only thing that happens to people after physical death is to be judged...not to be given the choice of confession after they realize how wrong they were.

Ezekiel 18:20
The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him,
and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.
thou dost believe that God is one; thou dost well, and the demons believe, and they shudder! James 2:19

This verse proves where ET comes from.............it comes from those who fear and shudder.

Twin did you miss the part where i said the scribes and Pharisees said "We are Abraham's sons and we believe the Torah", Jesus told them they were of their father the devil. Your confession means nothing if it is not in faith, neither is bending the knee.Most of America say's it christian, do you believe it is ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 10:55 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are taking two verses talking about different things, and trying to make them support each other, but it doesn't work that way. One talks about living people, and the other talks about peole who have already died. If this is the foundation of your belief, then you have built on sand.
If that helps you to disbelieve it then that is upon you.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:16 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
If that helps you to disbelieve it then that is upon you.
It is a problem when you marry two unrelated verses together to build an argument. Bible could be made to say anything using that approach. What is the purpose of the Holy Spirit? During the judgment day, do you think the Spirit will persuade you to knee, or could it be that you will knee because will be face to face with God. The Spirit is here on earth to help us mortals understand things of God while we are still living. The "every knee" verse says nothing about the Spirit, it simply says the during judgment every knee will bow (Romans). The other problem is that if you were correct, then it would create a huge contradiction to dozens of Bible verses which state otherwise.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:43 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
thou dost believe that God is one; thou dost well, and the demons believe, and they shudder! James 2:19

This verse proves where ET comes from.............it comes from those who fear and shudder.

Twin did you miss the part where i said the scribes and Pharisees said "We are Abraham's sons and we believe the Torah", Jesus told them they were of their father the devil. Your confession means nothing if it is not in faith, neither is bending the knee. Most of America say's it christian, do you believe it is ?
No I didn't miss it. That was the point Jesus was making to the scribes and Pharisees, their confession meant nothing because it is not in faith in him.

James 2:19 isn't saying that demons from a confessional view. They believe that because of ther rebellion they know the wrath that is to become upon them .... shudder.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:19 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
But out of curiosity, would you answer my question that seemed to upset you so?
Yeah, when you answer my question in post #54.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yeah, when you answer my question in post #54.
Please refer to #65.

I eagerly await your response

Old 04-02-2011, 05:10 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The deception is to believe that saying "i believe in Jesus" is the confession.

Our confession is who we are.

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in himMatt 12 :35
THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
B
UT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME. ‘BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.’” Matthew 15:8-9

Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
It is a problem when you marry two unrelated verses together to build an argument. Bible could be made to say anything using that approach. What is the purpose of the Holy Spirit? During the judgment day, do you think the Spirit will persuade you to knee, or could it be that you will knee because will be face to face with God. The Spirit is here on earth to help us mortals understand things of God while we are still living. The "every knee" verse says nothing about the Spirit, it simply says the during judgment every knee will bow (Romans). The other problem is that if you were correct, then it would create a huge contradiction to dozens of Bible verses which state otherwise.
No Finn_Jarber, they are completely related. All of God's Scriptures are related. Think about the argument you are trying to make.

Finn_Jarber, do you realize that those called right now are experiencing Judgement?

You seem to have a wrong view of Judgement.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The verse your arguing about says that those bowing their knee will do so TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

Now you believe it causes contradictions but I wont to persuade you to bring those verses up and we can discuss so I can show you that there is no contradiction.

FinJarber, my job as a Christian is to persuade. I hope you understand that I see you as my brother who just doesn't yet understand my position. I am absolutely certain in time you will but if you understand now then you get to be unleashed massive amounts of understanding that could lead you to the firstfruits.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:22 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The verse your arguing about says that those bowing their knee will do so TO THE GLORY OF GOD.
Yes, to the glory of God, when they see Him face to face, and will have no choise but to admit they were horribly wrong in deying Him. It says this: "You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat."

and then it says every knee shall bend. So, it is in fact talking about the heavenly judgment day, not earthly judgments. It talks about great white throne judgment.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, to the glory of God, when they see Him face to face, and will have no choise but to admit they were horribly wrong in deying Him. It says this: "You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat."

and then it says every knee shall bend. So, it is in fact talking about the heavenly judgment day, not earthly judgments. It talks about great white throne judgment.
Finn_Jarber if what your saying is true that means the wicked and glorify God, do you really believe that? If so, then I believe I have a whole bunch of verses to refute that. Do you believe that? Now if not, then you have to acknowledge that EVERYONE will be saved. Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity