Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Finn_Jarber if what your saying is true that means the wicked and glorify God, do you really believe that? If so, then I believe I have a whole bunch of verses to refute that. Do you believe that? Now if not, then you have to acknowledge that EVERYONE will be saved. Which is it?
I believe every sinner will knee down to hear their sentence and they will not have a choice in the matter, just like criminals on earth respect the judge no matter what their sentence is. It does not have anything to do with salvation because the Bible is clear about salvation having to take place while living. I already quoted the verses about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
To compare heaven and earth is no different than comparing God thoughts and our earthly thoughts, they are diametrically opposed.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe every sinner will knee down to hear their sentence and they will not have a choice in the matter, just like criminals on earth respect the judge no matter what their sentence is. It does not have anything to do with salvation because the Bible is clear about salvation having to take place while living. I already quoted the verses about that.
You could have stated that you believe that every rainbow has a pot of gold at one end and a maniacal killer leprechaun at the other.

It would make as much sense as neither are based on reason, only superstition and fables.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:38 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
pcamps,
I've re-read this and just simply say that " I 'reject "I believe in Jesus and the Bible' " is in opposition to:Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,†and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
..."you will be saved". Is noting that "you" are in a lost estate to start with regardless of who you are!

Which goes along with the following verse directed at the Jews primarily: oh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This is Jesus as Cain, cutting off Able, (Spiritually speaking) meaning the cutting off of direct relationship with the Father and subjecting them under Jesus.

Able, having the better sacrifice, was in a normal relationship with the Father, for the father accepted his gift.

Able, being followed by Seth and his decedents as the favored, are the nation of Israel.

Therefore God the Father is their Father directly and of which the laws of Moses were required.

As per: Lev 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

In the eyes of the high priest, Jesus was accused of blaspheme and was accordingly put to death.

Now, if God, the Father of Israel blinds their eyes to Jesus by the strictness of the adherence to the law, must by necessity reject Jesus as the way and the truth.

So, either the Father is telling them that Jesus is not the Messiah by the law, or Jesus is fibbing that He is.

Question is, who is fibbing?

Quote:
Twin did you miss the part where i said the scribes and Pharisees said "We are Abraham's sons and we believe the Torah", Jesus told them they were of their father the devil. Your confession means nothing if it is not in faith, neither is bending the knee. Most of America say's it christian, do you believe it is ?

Clue. ""Your are of your Father" :
This is the beginning when Jesus declares the end. This is the beginning seen in John 1:1, this is the creation story, seen in similitude in Genesis. The truth does not come till the whole day of the cross is fulfilled so John 8:44 has god not abiding in the truth yet. He will after the cross. All the prophecies are lies, seen in I-king 22:22/23 when god send forth a lying spirit to have a king go and die in battle= a similitude for Jesus to die to fulfill the prophecies and bring in truth. God is the father of the prophecies as they are inspired by god.

That is why Jesus rightly stated at the cross "Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

In short, we are all lost until we come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ whether it be here on earth or in heaven at the feet of Jesus.

For many, it will be at the feet of Jesus.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-02-2011, 06:56 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This is SO against everything the Bible teaches!!!! Where does Jesus say you will die, but will be fine in the end?!?!?
No where!!!!! But He has a lot to say about getting saved BEFORE you die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe every sinner will knee down to hear their sentence and they will not have a choice in the matter, just like criminals on earth respect the judge no matter what their sentence is. It does not have anything to do with salvation because the Bible is clear about salvation having to take place while living.
Yes, no doubt every knee will bow, but it will be too late for them then.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:01 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No where!!!!! But He has a lot to say about getting saved BEFORE you die.
Thank God, huh? After all it wouldn't be fair to all of you who toiled in the fields all day for those "Johnny come lately's" to get the same wage, right?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:03 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thank God, huh? After all it wouldn't be fair to all of you who toiled in the fields all day for those "Johnny come lately's" to get the same wage, right?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Conjecture. See the definition of guess.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
True those who came late had no right to receive what those who had been working hard all day received . You mean i prayed, tithed,went to church , witnessed about the wrath to come and all the other stuff i was employed to do,and these guys show up late and receive the same as me for basically doing bugger all. Then the Father said to the the older brother “‘My son, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours, but you never have had faith in my grace to see it, you really thought you had to earn my grace.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-02-2011 at 07:34 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
it wouldn't be fair to all of you who toiled in the fields all day for those "Johnny come lately's" to get the same wage, right?
Isn't it wondwerful that people can accept Christ even on their death beds, and still receive eternal life just like those who were saved early in their lives. Praise the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity