U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
55,329 posts, read 29,772,050 times
Reputation: 8677

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
That is a ridiculous analogy Finn.
I think it is rather accurate, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 23,571,303 times
Reputation: 8249
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Quit changing the subject! Your statement was baseless, ignorant, & untrue!
But out of curiosity, would you answer my question that seemed to upset you so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,790,594 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The number of times you repeat these lies about Christian Universalism in this forum alone presents a ponderous sin burden Finn. You know we believe we reap what we sow . . . so I cannot understand your continuing to lie about it . . . and use a bunch of LOL's in your debate with pcamps. Are you that irresponsible in your faith that you think it is a joke??

That is a lie too . . . what you build or do not build on the foundation Jesus built connecting us to God (reconciling us) will be tested . . . but we will ALL be saved as if by fire . . . because Jesus did that part for us. This says NOTHING about what the "condemned" entails. It certainly means "reap what we sow" . . . not some uniform eternal consequence with no relationship to our acts or state of mind.It's a good thing no one is claiming "not to worry . . ." The wrath is simply the consequence of violating God's law. There are always consequences . . . like violating the law of Gravity . . . but there is no punishment nor vengeance, nor anger, nor any other negative human emotion involved. The only ways to avoid the consequence of violating God's spiritual laws is to repent in this life by attuning yourself to Christ's perfect love for us all by following His commands to "love God and each other" . . . OR . . . face the consequences after rebirth as Spirit after physical death. The duration of remorse, regret, weeping and gnashing of teeth during spiritual "refinement" will be equivalent to the amount of damage you caused in this life without repentance.
The main difference is eternal hell or hell for a duration? Still I would prefer no one go to hell at all so we need to get everyone saved in this life so none suffer for even one second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
55,329 posts, read 29,772,050 times
Reputation: 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You just repeated the lie again. Are you obsessive compulsive or what? Jesus saved our entire species from a permanent separation from God. That has nothing to do with what we sow and must reap for our life on this earth. You are in for a major shock if you think what you do here has no consequences just because you believe Jesus saved humankind on the cross.
You preach the consequences are nothing to be worried about. That is what I am saying with the "twisted ankle" story.

Well, maybe I should allow you to describe the nature of punishment here. Tell us what kind of punishment do people face for denying God and living in sin all their life. It sounds like you are saying it is severe enough to scare people into belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 23,571,303 times
Reputation: 8249
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How many Christians, and in what context do you find these Christians expressing desire that most people burn in Hell? What are they saying or doing that leads you to believe this? Please be specific.
Many posters in this subforum for a starter, check out some older threads, to make your search easier, check the ones that have been closed by the mods.
Last month in my home town when city council wanted to including protection from bullying on city property to include gays, and preacher after preacher stood at the open mic during the public comment period to express their hatred for these people, and tell city council members they would go to hell if they voted in favor of the motion.
At a funeral for a fallen firefighter (I was a firefighter for 30+years) where the pentacostal preacher told everyone they were going to hell, and the only way to avoid that was to follow his extremely narrow view. He even singled out the baptist specifically by name tell them they were lost and going to hell. Remember I'm in the bible belt, and baptist would be so pretty fundy southern baptist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,021,968 times
Reputation: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Simply ....it has failed. God warned:
Genesis 2:17
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

Universalist twists it by reason and adding to God's word:
Genesis 3:3
"but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden,
and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”

Then Satan's universal love message:
Genesis 3:1,4
“Did God really say,.....?" “You will not surely die,”
THE RESULT: universalism failed
Genesis 8:21
“Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Romans 1:20
so that men are without excuse.

>>>>>>>>>> \\\\\\\\\ and for the future ........//////<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Ezekiel 18:20
The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him,
and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

Ezekiel 3:20
“Again, when arighteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil,
and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die...he will die for his sin.
The righteous things he did will not be remembered,


Then Jesus will fulfill Ezekiel 18:20 saying ............Matthew 25:32,33
"to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
take your inheritance,
the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.' "

"to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "

THE RESULT: universalism will fail
Jesus will fulfill Ezekiel 18:20
Jesus will fulfill Matthew 25:32,33

Just the kind of "spin" I have come to expect from mr. Twin ... What a laugh! Do you have a genuine bone in your body?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
 
Location: East Coast
28,531 posts, read 18,992,918 times
Reputation: 1968
Twin in your OP you really did not give a reason why you believed Universalism has failed like the title of the thread suggests, you just gave a reason why you do not believe in it. Can you give a reason why you believe it has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,468,364 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Simply ....it has failed. God warned:
Genesis 2:17
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

Universalist twists it by reason and adding to God's word:
Genesis 3:3
"but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden,
and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”

Then Satan's universal love message:
Genesis 3:1,4
“Did God really say,.....?" “You will not surely die,”
THE RESULT: universalism failed
Genesis 8:21
“Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Romans 1:20
so that men are without excuse.

>>>>>>>>>> \\\\\\\\\ and for the future ........//////<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Ezekiel 18:20
The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him,
and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

Ezekiel 3:20
“Again, when arighteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil,
and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die...he will die for his sin.
The righteous things he did will not be remembered,


Then Jesus will fulfill Ezekiel 18:20 saying ............Matthew 25:32,33
"to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
take your inheritance,
the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.' "

"to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "

THE RESULT: universalism will fail
Jesus will fulfill Ezekiel 18:20
Jesus will fulfill Matthew 25:32,33

This is a COMPLETE DISTORTION of the Universalists beliefs. YOU, TwinSPIN, do NOT know what a UNIVERSALIST is. Not only do you NOT know who we are but you accuse of something not applicable to us. The MAJORITY of Universalists do NOT believe as you say. I don't know a single Universalist that believes they wont die.

If you want to continue to preach such false claims then know that the father of lies is the Devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,468,364 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a lie. You claim everyone is saved, so it is indeed same as telling someone they will not die if they jump off a skyscraper. You are telling them they might twist an ankle, but not to worry, because they won't die.

No, my faith is not a joke, it is the "you are a moloch worshipper" comments from you people which I consider a joke.
Finn_Jarber, I'm a universalist. I DO NOT claim everyone is saved. I repeat, I DO NOT CLAIM that everyone is saved. Get that? What I do believe is that everyone WILL BE SAVED in due time. But I DO NOT claim that everyone is saved NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 PM
 
15,680 posts, read 8,117,376 times
Reputation: 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a lie. You claim everyone is saved, so it is indeed same as telling someone they will not die if they jump off a skyscraper.
You are telling them they might twist an ankle, but not to worry, because they won't die.
Faith is trusting in the parachute, not in a mindless act?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top