Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,086,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"Its funny how twin.spin somehow thinks that verse (Rom 10:10) refutes a universal salvation when it plainly says all will confess Jesus is Lord."

Hmmm, Yes, everything created does and will confess the Christ even the demons in whom confess and believed Jesus is the Son of God and Lord. Yet, they will not reign with Christ in heaven with the Father..... they have a special place prepared for them and those who follow their lies !!
So since all will confess the Son of God does not mean all will be saved !! We see through the word of God that Satan and his demons and all those who follow confess the Son of God and yet will not be saved, inheriting the Kingdom of God !!

Mark 3:11
Whenever the unclean spirits saw Him, they would fall down before Him and shout, "You are the Son of God!"

Luke 4:41
Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ.

Luke 8:27-29
27. And when He came out onto the land, He was met by a man from the city who was possessed with demons; and who had not put on any clothing for a long time, and was not living in a house, but in the tombs.
28. Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."
29. For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had seized him many times; and he was bound with chains and shackles and kept under guard, and yet he would break his bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.

Matthew 8:29
And they cried out, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"

Mark 5:7
And shouting with a loud voice, he said, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!"

Matthew 4:3
And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
Jesus is the savior of all MEN (not demons).

All things will be reconciled.

These are related but not exactly the same thing.

Reconciliation means to bring peace, where as satan and his demons bring adversity.

When peace comes there will be no more adversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,086,980 times
Yet I find it interesting most people cannot accept this:

Romans 9:16 Everything then depends on God's mercy and not on what people want or do.

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G
D-E-P-E-N-D-S
O-N
G-O-D

That is why we have faith and hope. Because God is good. Because salvation is a COMPLETE work of God so none can boast. Because God desires and wills and brought His son so that all men could be saved.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,084,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Yet I find it interesting most people cannot accept this:

Romans 9:16 Everything then depends on God's mercy and not on what people want or do.

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G
D-E-P-E-N-D-S
O-N
G-O-D

That is why we have faith and hope. Because God is good. Because salvation is a COMPLETE work of God so none can boast. Because God desires and wills and brought His son so that all men could be saved.
I like Youngs translation

so, then -- not of him who is willing, nor of him who is running, but of God who is doing kindness.

Doing kindness is what God does, and it brings men to repentance Romans 2:4

Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Finn_Jarber, I'm a universalist. I DO NOT claim everyone is saved. I repeat, I DO NOT CLAIM that everyone is saved. Get that? What I do believe is that everyone WILL BE SAVED in due time. But I DO NOT claim that everyone is saved NOW.
Same difference, really. Yes, everyone knows that everyone today is not saved. All one needs to do is look around, and it is clear that there are people who do not believe. It is that very claim that everyone WILL be save I am talking about. It is same as telling someone that if they jump off a high-rise, there is nothing to worry about, because they won't die.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I suppose you have never once said that universalism is of the devil
I don't recall ever telling someone they worship the devil, but you are free to quote such post from me if you wish.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Well, Jesus said that if we do not repent we will not get out of prison until we pay the very last farthing. He said that to those who were abusing the brethren in his absence (while the master was away, certain ones began beating the other servants). That is a far cry from what the churches teach, such as the easy-breezy Once Saved Always Saved because one "made a decision" or "walked the isle" or "got baptized", etc... and my how they use the name of Jesus to justify hating others (such as those who are of other faiths, i.e. Muslim, Jew, Hindu, etc... and hoping they are burnt alive for all eternity. Frankly, how could any doctrine be more completely wicked than the doctrine of Eternal Torment in literal fire??? And that such a vile doctrine is pinned to the name of Jesus (nailed to him!) is such a crime. I can only say I'd not want to be in the shoes of the stiff-necked, stubborn ET teacher.
That's pretty judgmental if you asked me.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It isn't punishment, Finn . . .
Moderator cut: deleted

Quote:
and its purpose is not to scare anyone into believing . . . that is impossible.
It sure sounded like scare tactic

Last edited by june 7th; 04-02-2011 at 09:36 AM..

Old 04-02-2011, 08:39 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,084,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't recall ever telling someone they worship the devil, but you are free to quote such post from me if you wish.
Oh pleaze.......... you believe universalists are of the devil and follow the devil,just because we do not believe like you, so it goes without saying you believe we worship the devil.You actually believe we are sending folk to eternal torment because of what we teach. Carry on trying to put yourself over in a bad light.I have noticed you doing it with your conversation with Clear Lens on another thread.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh pleaze.......... you believe universalists are of the devil and follow the devil,just because we do not believe like you, so it goes without saying you believe we worship the devil. Carry on trying to put yourself over in a bad light.I have noticed you doing it with your conversation with Clear Lens on another thread.
Just show the post where I said you worship the devil. Or don't show it, I don't care.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,659,170 times
Take heed people....
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! (Galatians 1:8)

Oh, Satan and his demons has a tongue and know that Jesus is Lord..... and one day will confess His Lordship and that Jesus is Lord of ALL, everything created.

DON'T BE FOOLED !!

Job 2:4
Satan answered the LORD and said, "Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life.

Psalm 83:
That they may know that You alone, whose name is the LORD, are the Most High over all the earth.

Psalm 8:9
O LORD, our Lord,How majestic is Your name in all the earth!

Psalm 135:5
For I know that the LORD is great and that our Lord is above all gods.

Psalm 97:9
For You are the LORD Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods.

Psalm 24:1
The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains,The world, and those who dwell in it.

Matthew 7:15
"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Isaiah 45:21
"Declare and set forth your case; indeed, let them consult together who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD? And there is no other God besides Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none except Me.

Jude 25
To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Satan and his demons will confess all of this also one day.... and promise a false peace..... DON'T BE FOOLED !!

Jeremiah 14:12-14
12. "When they fast, I am not going to listen to their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I am not going to accept them Rather I am going to make an end of them by the sword, famine and pestilence."
13. But, "Ah, Lord GOD!" I said, "Look, the prophets are telling them, 'You will not see the sword nor will you have famine, but I will give you lasting peace in this place.'"
14. Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying falsehood in My name I have neither sent them nor commanded them nor spoken to them; they are prophesying to you a false vision, divination, futility and the deception of their own minds.

Jeremiah 23:16
Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are prophesying to you they are leading you into futility; they speak a vision of their own imagination, not from the mouth of the LORD.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
15. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity