Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:34 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So whose reasonable service does Rom. 12:1 speak of? Is it ours or Christ's?

Is the reasonable service ours, and works Christ's? This makes no sense.

--------------------------------

The obedience that saves is obedience to 1 John 3:23.

1 John 3:23 - This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

This is not works.
We must believe on the Lord Jesus; and when we do, we walk in love, holiness and righteousnesses, not sin. When the scriptures use the term "believe", it does not merely mean to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, for the devils know that and tremble. "Believe" means to accept in one's inner most being that not only is Jesus the Son of God, but the One who came down from heaven to teach a new and living way that leads to eternal life; it's a way of love, truth, faith, holiness and righteousness -- and it's a narrow road.

Therefore, the new creature in Christ Jesus walks in obedience, for he/she has put off the deeds of the old man/woman.

1 Corinthians 6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
scgraham would you mind sharing how you are obedient to the Lord ?

Not a problem if you don't feel at liberty to do so.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Beloved, we must continue in obedience if we want to retain our salvation. You can't belong to Jesus any other way.

Hebrews 5
[8] Though he [Jesus] were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
[9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 6:8 - But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Once you receive the free gift of salvation, you can use your free will to walk away at any time; and, if you die in that state of rebellion, you will be rejected on the last day. Therefore, brethren, let us not tempt the Lord by departing from His love, truth, holiness and righteousness. His ways are free from willful sin. As good soldiers, we must learn to endure hardness knowing that our end will be in His glory forever; this is done by bringing our minds under subjection to God's will, no matter how much the flesh yearns for disobedience.

Amen to our High Priest, Jesus, the Lamb of God!
From reading your thread, it appears to be a works type of salvation that you are talking about. In other words, if I am not 100% obedient to Jesus or God, that some how means that I will not go to heaven.

If you are saying that, and that's what it seems like you are saying, then none of us, are deserving of Heaven, because we mess up and disobey God and Jesus ON A DAILY BASIS. Thank God that Jesus mediates for all of his children every time we disobey him. Remember salvation is through God's Grace and mercy solely through our faith in His Son alone. We can't work for it, we can't pay for it, and we can't even be overly obedient for it. It's God's free gift to us, and what a wonderful gift God has given the world----His Best---His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. Do you believe that?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:53 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
WHAT???? What are you talking about? "Seek to dispute the scriptures?" Are you kidding me?
I wondered the same thing, Bright Hope.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
From reading your thread, it appears to be a works type of salvation that you are talking about. In other words, if I am not 100% obedient to Jesus or God, that some how means that I will not go to heaven.

If you are saying that, and that's what it seems like you are saying, then none of us, are deserving of Heaven, because we mess up and disobey God and Jesus ON A DAILY BASIS. Thank God that Jesus mediates for all of his children every time we disobey him. Remember salvation is through God's Grace and mercy solely through our faith in His Son alone. We can't work for it, we can't pay for it, and we can't even be overly obedient for it. It's God's free gift to us, and what a wonderful gift God has given the world----His Best---His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. Do you believe that?
Do you seek to obey God from the heart in all matters? Do you yield to the Holy Spirit's correction? Or, do you willfully disobey? For instance, you know something is wrong and do it any way with an attitude that everybody sins, so it's no big deal; I will just ask Jesus to forgive me after I do it. Jesus' blood does not cover willful sin when there is no godly sorrow to put that sin away once and for all.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I wondered the same thing, Bright Hope.
Disputers of the Word will not be entertained. I give them what is written, and that is obedience.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
Disputers of the Word will not be entertained. I give them what is written, and that is obedience.
My guess is that you're not entertained very often either. Sounds like a horrid life, tiptoeing around God hoping you don't mess up and end up tossed away like garbage. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how I see it. I hope someday you'll be free from those chains and realize God loves you and His grace is sufficient for you.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Sounds like a horrid life, tiptoeing around God hoping you don't mess up and end up tossed away like garbage. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how I see it. I hope someday you'll be free from those chains and realize God loves you and His grace is sufficient for you.
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: - Genesis 3:4

Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Ezekiel 18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
AH! I see you are an Old Testament Christian.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:17 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
AH! I see you are an Old Testament Christian.
AH! I see you have no idea who a Christian is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity