Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

Am I circumcised? Why yes, but a tad bit personal..lol.

But you say the Passover is done away with? Even Paul promoted it to the Corinth Church:

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.

The reason, I am finding out, that those kept the Passover meal, was to give thanks, and realize the Truth that you have been brought out of this world-system(Egypt, Babylon, Roman, Etc), and death has passed over us, through the Lamb. It IS a passover, from death unto Life. Why would you not even want to give thanks and remember? I am curious, because not all things they did was bad, even though it was made into a tradition, instead of giving this out of sincerity and Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Am I circumcised? Why yes, but a tad bit personal..lol.

But you say the Passover is done away with? Even Paul promoted it to the Corinth Church:

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.

The reason, I am finding out, that those kept the Passover meal, was to give thanks, and realize the Truth that you have been brought out of this world-system(Egypt, Babylon, Roman, Etc), and death has passed over us, through the Lamb. It IS a passover, from death unto Life. Why would you not even want to give thanks and remember? I am curious, because not all things they did was bad, even though it was made into a tradition, instead of giving this out of sincerity and Truth.
Yes he did but did you notice how he told us to keep it ?it was not in the former way, but in sincerity and truth, it's about Christ we remember and what HE DID , go beyond that you go back to what was former that came by Moses.

Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees. Read the proCeeding verses, Paul is clearly referring to something that we do not full our pie hole with, but something that comes within us.

Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are.

This unfortunately is what we have done with the good news,but it's not with a little yeast, but a huge batch, whereby the unleavened yeast has been suffocated

When we add the old yeast of the former ways we destroy the whole batch.

I would recommend you read the whole of Acts 15, see who it was who was burdening the brethren and what with, and notice Paul and Silas strongly opposed what they were burdening Gentile believers with.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Hot if you read Acts 15 it will be evident what caused the sharp dispute and threatened the unity of the brethren

It was leavened yeast that caused the dispute, the law of Moses was the leavened yeast they were trying to knead in to the new unleavened batch.

The problem with the leavened bread is it severs the unity of the brethren, because the New Covenant believer will not eat anything that is on the table that is not unleavened.

How can 2 walk together unless they agree ?. There is nothing agreable with the 2 kinds of yeast.

How Good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity, it's like precious all upon the bread. Leavened bread corrupts this unity.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-04-2011 at 08:13 AM..

Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hot if you read Acts 15 it will be evident what caused the sharp dispute and threatened the unity of the brethren

It was leavened yeast that caused the dispute, the law of Moses was the leavened yeast they were trying to knead in to the new unleavened batch.

The problem with the leavened bread is it severs the unity of the brethren, because the New Covenant believer will not eat anything that is on the table that is not unleavened.

How can 2 walk together unless they agree ?. There is nothing agreable with the 2 kinds of yeast.

How Good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity, it's like precious all upon the bread. Leavened bread corrupts this unity.
And leavened bread is "puffed up" bread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
And leavened bread is "puffed up" bread
O Behave

Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM

701 posts, read 800,411 times
Quote:
As it's been repeated to all Sabbath keepers on here numerous times

The sabbath is IN Christ

Hot are you still keeping and remembering the passover in the former way ? Or do you partake of it IN Christ, Like New Covenant believers do ?.

It [is] a night to be much observed unto the LORD for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this [is] that night of the LORD to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.Exodus 12:42.

What you advocating is the former way of observance.

Therefore if any man [be] IN Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17.

There's a new way to keep the Sabbath, rather the Sabbath keep us........It's IN Christ.

There's also a new to keep all the commandments it takes away all self righteousness and boasting in yourself

Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love IS the fulfillment of the law.

1 - You shall have no other gods before me.

2 - You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3 - You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 - Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 - You shall not murder.

7 - You shall not commit adultery.

8 - You shall not steal.

9 - You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 - You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.

Are we not suppose to do ALL things "IN Christ"? Why is it that people think that Love and Mercy did not exist prior to Calvary?

The 10 commandment law is God's Moral Law. It is not the Israelites law, it is God's law given to God's people. Now I don't know about you, but as I Christian, I like to consider myself as one of God's people.

Read those 10 requests that came from God and tell me which one of them was not given out of love as well as being an instruction on how to love. God is Love. His law always has been and always will be a law of love. It was the same law of love when He spoke it on Mt Sinai as it was when He lived it in Jerusalem.

Deut 6:5 "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Lev 19:18 "love your neighbor as yourself."

Notice, those are Old Testament concepts. There was nothing new about them, when Christ spoke them 1000+ years later, He was simply quoting scripture. The "New" Covenant in Christ was a REnewing of the Old Covenant.

At Sinai, God stood on a mountain and proclaimed this is "My law of love. This is how you are to show your love to Me and how you are to show your love to your neighbor." "Will you keep it and be my people?" and a Covenant was made. God wanted them to keep it in their hearts, understanding that if they kept it in their hearts it would manifest itself in their behavior. By the time Christ came they were so focused on keeping in behavior, that they forgot the spirit of the law and what it meant to keep it in their heart.

At Calvary, Christ hung on a cross and once again asked us to love Him as He loves us. He asked us to keep His law of love in our hearts, just as He had desired His people to do at Sinai. John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

God's word says that we are to cease our work on the seventh day of the week to keep the Sabbath holy. To fellowship with Him in a special way and remember His role as Lord and Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. The 7th day is a weekly memorial of our God the Creator. No wonder, evolution has made such progress in working its way into the belief of so many Christians.

Keeping the Sabbath, never was meant to be, and shouldn't be a burden to anyone who loves God with all their heart and has faith in Him. No person has ever been able to give me a single justifiable reason that the Sabbath today is any different than the Sabbath as it was established in Eden at creation, and later reiterated at Sinai.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Hang on who said love and mercy didn't exist before Calvary ?

What you do not seem to realize Half Nelson,Love never changes,Loving your neighbor as yourself as always been the means whereby we fullfill the law,but with veiled minds we could not comprehend this, now IN Christ those who are believing do. The misunderstanding that we have to keep individual laws is our own undoing.

I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. 10 The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. Roman 7:9.

How does a dead man keep anything ?.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:26 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
1 - You shall have no other gods before me.

2 - You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3 - You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4 - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5 - Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6 - You shall not murder.

7 - You shall not commit adultery.

8 - You shall not steal.

9 - You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 - You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.

Are we not suppose to do ALL things "IN Christ"? Why is it that people think that Love and Mercy did not exist prior to Calvary?

The 10 commandment law is God's Moral Law. It is not the Israelites law, it is God's law given to God's people. Now I don't know about you, but as I Christian, I like to consider myself as one of God's people.

Read those 10 requests that came from God and tell me which one of them was not given out of love as well as being an instruction on how to love. God is Love. His law always has been and always will be a law of love. It was the same law of love when He spoke it on Mt Sinai as it was when He lived it in Jerusalem.

Deut 6:5 "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Lev 19:18 "love your neighbor as yourself."

Notice, those are Old Testament concepts. There was nothing new about them, when Christ spoke them 1000+ years later, He was simply quoting scripture. The "New" Covenant in Christ was a REnewing of the Old Covenant.

At Sinai, God stood on a mountain and proclaimed this is "My law of love. This is how you are to show your love to Me and how you are to show your love to your neighbor." "Will you keep it and be my people?" and a Covenant was made. God wanted them to keep it in their hearts, understanding that if they kept it in their hearts it would manifest itself in their behavior. By the time Christ came they were so focused on keeping in behavior, that they forgot the spirit of the law and what it meant to keep it in their heart.

At Calvary, Christ hung on a cross and once again asked us to love Him as He loves us. He asked us to keep His law of love in our hearts, just as He had desired His people to do at Sinai. John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

God's word says that we are to cease our work on the seventh day of the week to keep the Sabbath holy. To fellowship with Him in a special way and remember His role as Lord and Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. The 7th day is a weekly memorial of our God the Creator. No wonder, evolution has made such progress in working its way into the belief of so many Christians.

Keeping the Sabbath, never was meant to be, and shouldn't be a burden to anyone who loves God with all their heart and has faith in Him. No person has ever been able to give me a single justifiable reason that the Sabbath today is any different than the Sabbath as it was established in Eden at creation, and later reiterated at Sinai.
Wow, amen ! Excellent post !!
Anyone who loves the Lord God wants and desires to do nothing but to please the Father..... and obeying Him because one loves the Lord God, not because they have too or it is a duty. If that is the case, I question, do they don't really love or know Him...

Knowing Him is loving Him, He then gives us the passion to honor and respect Him in all things....amen !!!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, amen ! Excellent post !!
Anyone who loves the Lord God wants and desires to do nothing but to please the Father..... and obeying Him because one loves the Lord God, not because they have too or it is a duty. If that is the case, I question, do they don't really love or know Him...

Knowing Him is loving Him, amen !!!

I will ask you the same question Cyber, please don't turn the other cheek it's just a question,and one nothing to do with UR.

I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. Romans 7:9

Tell me how a dead man is capable of keeping anything ?.

You can leave it to a sabbath keeper to answer, if you don't have an answer, that's fine too.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
I will ask you the same question Cyber, please don't turn the other cheek it's just a question,and one nothing to do with UR.

I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. Romans 7:9

Tell me how a dead man is capable of keeping anything ?
Yes, it is the commandments that showed me that I was spiritually dead in my sin.... Yet, Christ came to me and showed me the truth of my life and I agreeing with Him by the way of the commandments that showed me my predicament of sin, stealing, lying, cheating, not honoring my parents and so for.....
He then gave me life through the commandments by showing me that I was in need of a Savior, needing forgiveness of my life of sin.
I am no longer dead but alive in Him.... because of the commandments, therefore when Christ said to my heart, if you love me you will keep my commandments it is His Spirit in whom is my Helper in whom strengthen me to honor the commandments of the Father.... because of Jesus and what He did on the cross !!
I could not do it on my own..... but believe me, if one loves the Lord, they have the passion to honor and respect the Father and what He commands of them. By which they are not burdensome, but a delight and a passion in the heart of one who is born again.... amen !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity