U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 PM
 
701 posts, read 408,549 times
Reputation: 127

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I've been sort of in lurk mode for a little bit, but had to come out to say..

YES!

Where there is love, there is no need for the law, for there is nothing evil to restrain!!

If all people loved their neighbor as theirselves..
Can you imagine what the world would look like?
What the world CAN LOOK LIKE????
Then clearly the lack of keeping the sabbath shows that the law is still needed, for it shows a lack of loving God.

How can someone claim to Love God but reject His Sabbath?

I fully agree that where love abounds, one does not need to be commanded to act in a loving way because they already are acting that way.

If people truly loved God they would take no issue with keeping His Sabbath. The people that truly love God are those that keep His commandments, not because they are commanded to but because they love God.

Why do so many who call themselves Christian, refer to the 10C as burdensome yolks? The law of Moses often referred, not to the 10C, but the burdensome ceremonial laws that Christ did away with.

Why has not a single person yet been able to tell me what is unloving or burdensome about a single one of the 10C?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 AM
 
4,109 posts, read 2,281,516 times
Reputation: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
The people that truly love God are those that keep His commandments, not because they are commanded to but because they love God.
Quote:
The people that truly love God...

The command to love God with all of your heart, mind and soul is a push for us to seek His true character. How can you love with all of your mind, heart and soul if you do not know, in a deep and profound way what it is that is the object of your love?

This command was not because God is an ego-maniac who demands our love. (how can you command someone to love you? you cannot.) So you see, the command was for OUR benefit. For us to push on and push back our fear (remember how "adam and eve" HID? i.e. FEAR) We are to push on and push past our fears of God (perfect love casts out all fear) in order to start to KNOW HIM and know his TRUE CHARACTER with all of our heart, mind and soul (GOD IS LOVE) so that we are ABLE to LOVE Him with all of our heart, mind and soul.

The sabbath... I'l just say this:

"One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind."

"Rest in Yahweh, and wait patiently for him. Don't fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who makes wicked plots happen."

Resting in yahweh... and waiting patiently.. is everyday.


peace,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 AM
 
701 posts, read 408,549 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The command to love God with all of your heart, mind and soul is a push for us to seek His true character. How can you love with all of your mind, heart and soul if you do not know, in a deep and profound way what it is that is the object of your love?

This command was not because God is an ego-maniac who demands our love. (how can you command someone to love you? you cannot.) So you see, the command was for OUR benefit. For us to push on and push back our fear (remember how "adam and eve" HID? i.e. FEAR) We are to push on and push past our fears of God (perfect love casts out all fear) in order to start to KNOW HIM and know his TRUE CHARACTER with all of our heart, mind and soul (GOD IS LOVE) so that we are ABLE to LOVE Him with all of our heart, mind and soul.

What?! Who ever said that God's commands were because He is an ego-maniac?

I fully understand that loving God is for our benefit. What I also understand though, is that rejecting His Sabbath, is on some level rejecting His instruction on how to love Him.

Picture a guy whose wife tells him she likes chocolate ice cream, and hates all other flavors, and he just keeps on bringing her strawberry ice cream. Clearly, the guy isn't really listening to his wife. He says he listens to her all the time, but she has made it clear that she specifically likes chocolate, and he keeps insisting that she is fine with strawberry. I mean to get the chocolate, he would have to leave work early and drive to the other side of town because that is the only place they sell chocolate ice cream. The place that sells strawberry ice cream is right on his way home, just a block from home. Now he swears he knows her well and that she is fine with the strawberry ice cream, but if he can't listen to her on something as simple as what flavor she likes, what else is he just not listening to her say. Maybe there are other areas of their life that he thinks he is listening to her but in reality he hasn't heard a word she has said, and he ends up perpetually neglecting her. He thinks everything is just hunky dory, but he has neglected his relationship with her so much, that he doesn't even notice that he has completely abandoned her.

Why do so many Christians insist that God is fine with strawberry, when He specifically stated that He likes chocolate? Why do we have such a hard time listening to God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 AM
 
Location: RI
19,390 posts, read 9,518,310 times
Reputation: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
What is righteous? Have you looked that word up pcamps?

1) righteous, observing divine laws
a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

What is 'divine laws'? And why would anyone persecute someone for simply loving them? But, you tell them they worship on a pagan sungod(Baal) day, or that they have more than 1 god in their lives, and watch the persecution start flying. They won't like to be told they have been deceived by religion, beguiled by the devil of this world. Tell them that, and watch out. See how much resistance there is here, on a supposed Christian forum? Either you ARe a child of the Most High, or not. Either you obey(out of love) ALL He commanded us, or you refuse and tell Him no, based upon whatever reasoning you come up with. Either way, it is a personal decision. Jesus made it CLEAR it was not to be a public one.
Sorry Hot i'm not going to answer this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 2,987,761 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sorry Hot i'm not going to answer this.
Okey dokey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 AM
 
Location: RI
19,390 posts, read 9,518,310 times
Reputation: 1348
I'm going to walk away from this thread now. This is the last thing i wish to say,First of all if you want to set aside a day like you do, i nor the Lord has a problem with the THAT.

Now if any of you sabbath keepers want to yoke anyone to do so by command or burden them with anything else from the law of Moses read these 2 verses before you do.

Now then, WHY do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?

It's clear the yoke of burden is the law of Moses

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.”

Now if this is what you are doing you are not following Jesus Christ you are following Moses and this is what Moses said about following him still after the prophet Jesus came


If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. Deut 18:19

Moses is calling you account, the law you follow is condemning you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 2,987,761 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm going to walk away from this thread now. This is the last thing i wish to say,First of all if you want to set aside a day like you do, i nor the Lord has a problem with the THAT.

Now if any of you sabbath keepers want to yoke anyone to do so by command or burden them with anything else from the law of Moses read these 2 verses before you do.

Now then, WHY do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?

It's clear the yoke of burden is the law of Moses

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses.”

Now if this is what you are doing you are not following Jesus Christ you are following Moses and this is what Moses said about following him still after the prophet Jesus came


If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. Deut 18:19

Moses is calling you account, the law you follow is condemning you
Someone isn't listening. The 10 Commandments are NOT the Law of Moses. They ARE the LAW of God. Do some intense reading of the Holy Scriptures, and this light will shine forth from your heart. There have been some really GREAT posts, but sadly some eyes are closed, and have ears that cannot hear.

Isaiah 56

Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from PROFANING the Sabbath And holds fast My covenant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM
 
Location: in area code 919 & from 716
899 posts, read 734,803 times
Reputation: 426
it says to rest on the seventh day ... no one seems to have figured it out.

IF you were born on a Tuesday - then by all rhyme and reason YOUR Sabbath should be Wednesday - that would be YOUR seventh day ... but screw it - it's just a technicality that has NO VALUE to any man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,966 posts, read 3,023,080 times
Reputation: 1524
My mother used to say, we ought to keep every day holy.

I am very familiar with the 7th Day Adventists. They have a lot of other rules besides their Saturday law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 08:25 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 2,987,761 times
Reputation: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
My mother used to say, we ought to keep every day holy.

I am very familiar with the 7th Day Adventists. They have a lot of other rules besides their Saturday law.
As am I, which is why I do not belong to that church, nor any other church on earth. IMO, they are all polluted. Some have truths, but they ALL have lies.

So, for myself, I worship is spirit, and TRUTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top