Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times

Advertisements

Greeting
Can any body can tell me the mystery kept secret since the world began world,

In We read in 1 Corinthians 15: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
Changed into What? Please can any one me a honest answer.

In Jeremiah 33:2-3 "Thus says the Lord who made it, the Lord who formed it to establish it (the Lord is His name):
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
Romans 16:24-27  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.
1 Corinthians 4: 1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 15:50-51  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--

In Psalms 105:5-45 God the Father said he Remember
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting

In We read in 1 Corinthians 15: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--

In Jeremiah 33:2-3 "Thus says the Lord who made it, the Lord who formed it to establish it (the Lord is His name):
'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'
Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
1 Corinthians 4: 1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 15:50-51  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--

The secret, mystery was Jesus Christ.....

The change: The born again Christian will be given a spiritual body, a body like Christ', fit for Heaven.... amen !!

The bodies of the saints, when they rise again, will be changed. They will be then glorious and spiritual bodies, fitted to the heavenly world and state, where they are ever afterwards to dwell.
The human body in its present form, and with its wants and weaknesses, cannot enter or enjoy the kingdom of God. Then let us not sow to the flesh, of which we can only reap corruption. And the body follows the state of the soul. He, therefore, who neglects the life of the soul, casts away his present good; he who refuses to live to God, squanders all he has.

1 Corinthians 15 Commentary - Objections against it answered. - BibleGateway.com

Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
The mystery of God's plan is told to us plainly, its just that most people don't believe it.

KJV:
Ephesians 1:9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him

The Amplified version really makes it clear:
Ephesians 1:9 Making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will (of His plan, of Hispurpose). [And it is this:] In accordance with His good pleasure (His merciful intention) which He had previously purposed and set forth in [a]Him,
10[He planned] for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth.

Did you catch that? The mystery of God's plan & purpose:
To unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ.

Mystery revealed! But who believes it?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Also:

Ephesians 3
2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians as a whole has alot on the topic.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
Changed into What?
So, Theword, is the bible a little too tricky for you? It is not a cookbook, you know! It is a guide to your life, but it leaves a few things partially unanswered and you have to figure them out for yourself.

Changed into what? No one knows, but you will find out soon enough.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:29 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Greeting

The change is in the soul. We can change from a natural love soul to a Divine Love soul wherein we are fit to enter the Kingdom of God. When Divine Love enters the soul, it slowly eradicates all sins of the past and then it slowly works on the tendancies to sin so that once we are Divine, we will no longer be able to sin or error. We won't want to because we will want to do things thet way that God does things. With Love. Just as Jesus did.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Greeting

It talks about rapture. The dead believers will be changed and given a new body, and those believers who are living will also be given a new body which will be resurrected and meet the Lord in the air. No one will be raptured in their earthly (perishable) bodies.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:41 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It talks about rapture. The dead believers will be changed and given a new body, and those believers who are living will also be given a new body which will be resurrected and meet the Lord in the air. No one will be raptured in their earthly (perishable) bodies.
A new body, or the same old one transformed and glorified?

Remember, we are told we will be like Jesus and the body He took to heaven still had nail holes in the hands and feet.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A new body, or the same old one transformed and glorified?

Remember, we are told we will be like Jesus and the body He took to heaven still had nail holes in the hands and feet.
A spirit body, like Jesus. Of course it can look like our present body glorified.

1 Jn 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

and

Phil 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:44 PM

234 posts, read 238,347 times
Jesus resurrected body could be felt, it was physical with flesh and bones, and He could eat. We also shall be sharing a meal at the marriage supper of the Lamb, so we also will have physical touchable bodies that have similar senses that we have now. We will see, hear, taste, touch, only I am sure on a much magnified scale.

Lu 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

At the last trumpet sound when Christ returns we shall all be given immortal bodies, just like Jesus.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity