Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 6,412,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... totally agree with you !!
The Christian's are not to entertain false teachings nor should they encourage the teacher's of heresies by debating with them all the time.... especially the same individuals over and over again !!
Share the truth of God as He leads you and move on !!
We are not encouraged nor here to be their Holy Spirit and try to change them.... amen, that is God's business, let Him deal with them !!
Amen!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Can we please have our Christian thread back???

Almost every other thread and post on the Christian forum gets hijacked by the universalist contingency and skewed into a thread about universalism.

Okay folks, we get it! ... you believe everyone will be saved, but, why is that message so 'urgent'. Are you really concerned about what you characterize as the 'guilt shadow' resting over Christian fundamentalists ---or do you have another agenda? (It seems that your entire message is focused on 'lulling people into a false sense of security')

To you Bible-believing Christians out there, I am no longer going to engage with the universalists on this matter --- and encourage you to do likewise. --- I think the only way we can make them go away is to ignore them (although, admittedly, this post dives into the matter ... one last time). ---

However, my motive here is not to further discuss universalism. Frankly, I am sick to death of the harrangue no longer interested in even talking about universalism --- I simply want to be able to engage in Christian dialog with other Christians ... without getting hijacked and side-tracked by universalists all the time!
Yes, it is rather unfortunate that every thread ends up being hijacked by the uni's and their tired old UR topic.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... totally agree with you !!
The Christian's are not to entertain false teachings nor should they encourage the teacher's of heresies by debating with them all the time.... especially the same individuals over and over again !!
Share the truth of God as He leads you and move on !!
We are not encouraged nor here to be their Holy Spirit and try to change them.... amen, that is God's business, let Him deal with them !!
Interpreted as being i ain't got an open heart about anything that i do not already believe. I have all the truth already and there is nothing else to be learnt.So clear off i'm not open to what you are saying because it's heresy,cause everything i don't already know is heresy. Let God deal with them.........means let him punish them. Am i right Sister Cyber ?.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:40 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I have a theory that usually it's the side that finds their position most difficult to defend and find the arguments from the other side threatening, that wants the other side hushed. Just saying.
Yep.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,248,923 times
i think the ERTers feel threatend bye the universalists,the ETers vision of the truth is just simply horrific and the UR is a much better understanding of the very scriptures that the ETers use to breath fear in the hearts of people,sorry but anyone who beleives that God is gonna torture people for eternity has some serious issues and is not in touch with reality.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
How can you say we are not Christian?

By your accusations of God of not being fair when it comes to his TOS
  • John 3:36
By your constant disputing simple plain english words, then yet expect to have people seriously believe your expertise of Greek.

By this alternative plan of salvation:
"UR does not think we must repent before we physically die but that if we do not we will be resurrected and judged, chastise and will repent."

Jesus said just the opposite:
John 11:26
whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

Jesus asked....Do you believe this?” John 11:26

The Christian says..."yes, as exactly the way stated and in order of progression..
  • whoever lives
    • not lives and \ or has died
  • And
    • "and" is not optional that God overlooks
  • believes
    • believes in Christ alone
Christians don't view God as being a failure that only .5% of people will be saved and 99.5% that won't be saved.

That conclusion of God being a failure is a Satanic taunting .... whether you're aware of being a party to it or not.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Universalist are a very small minoe but liike mnay movemnts like it they are alos more into such forums as this.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Universalist are a very small minoe but liike mnay movemnts like it they are alos more into such forums as this.
This is one of the very few Christian forums where they are allowed to post. Most Christian 'Bible study' sites ban atheist, universalist, and other alternate views, and I think it is simply because of the distraction it causes. Uni's have many sites of their own, where they discuss universalism.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:55 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is one of the very few Christian forums where they are allowed to post. Most Christian 'Bible study' sites ban atheist, universalist, and other alternate views, and I think it is simply because of the distraction it causes. Uni's have many sites of their own, where they discuss universalism.
This is not a 'bible study' forum.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
By your accusations of God of not being fair when it comes to his TOS
Can you get this through your head twin.spin?

Disagreement with your evil and unjust interpretation does not mean I accuse God of being unfair.

And people wonder why the topic of "universalism" continues to dominate when comments like twin.spin's are the norm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity