Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM

7 posts, read 6,198 times

Advertisements

I would say that any person who believes that Christ's death and resurrection were necessary for the redemption of man, and that follow Him and keep His commandments (which Jesus tells us essentially boils down to love for God and for others). These people are part of the Church, whatever else they may think. It certainly doesn't make them right about everything, because there is certainly much disagreement, and not everyone can be right.

That is to say, universalists and those who believe in eternal torment are both equally capable of being Christian... unless someone has some other standard by which to judge who is or is not a Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times
C/U believe ALL will end up in heaven and their is no hell - WRONG! That makes this false doctrine.! That is why I posted the link it shows what I am saying.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
C/U believe ALL will end up in heaven and their is no hell - WRONG! That makes this false doctrine.! That is why I posted the link it shows what I am saying.

No, it doesn't show what you are saying, it shows what Christian Universalism really is without bias and lies. You really need to learn what UR is.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Did anyone here read the link I gave in my recent thread about Universalist Quakers? The man giving his testimony talks about how he was fired because he didn't believe in hell!

I thought that in order to be a Christian we were supposed to believe in Jesus Christ!...

Something to think about..

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,387 times
A rose by any other name...

Wasn't it at Antioch members of THIS WAY were first called Christian. Were they not Christ's before they were called Christian?

I know who I believe and trust. I know who died on a cross to take the sting of sin from us. I know who His Father and our Father is. Call me what you want.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Another easy one - God says in his word the Bible there is a hell and there are those who will reside there for Eternity. To twist his word into wishful thinking is man made belief NOT Gods word! God not man has made the requirement/conditions for eternal life or the lake of fire. Gods word is what counts NOT mans opinion. Gotta watch out for deception from that tricky ole Devil.................
The word 'Hell' is never described as eternal in the bible, so it is you who are twisting His word. This is a fact.

Gotta watch out for deception from that tricky ole Devil.... (oops that was more meaningless rhetoric, I apoligize...)

Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The word 'Hell' is never described as eternal in the bible, so it is you who are twisting His word. This is a fact.

Gotta watch out for deception from that tricky ole Devil.... (oops that was more meaningless rhetoric, I apoligize...)
i dont even think the word hell was in the original texts at-all

Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Another easy one - God says in his word the Bible there is a hell and there are those who will reside there for Eternity. To twist his word into wishful thinking is man made belief NOT Gods word! God not man has made the requirement/conditions for eternal life or the lake of fire. Gods word is what counts NOT mans opinion. Gotta watch out for deception from that tricky ole Devil.................
(Sigh)

Twist away, those of you who say that His will is subject to man's...

Old 04-06-2011, 06:52 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Did anyone here read the link I gave in my recent thread about Universalist Quakers? The man giving his testimony talks about how he was fired because he didn't believe in hell!

I thought that in order to be a Christian we were supposed to believe in Jesus Christ!...

Something to think about..

Blessings,
brian
Yes, and there are many churches that will turn you out if you dare to challenge their doctrine, most especially the ET doctrine - that is the one that really gets 'em fired up.
Do you suppose fundamentalist Christianity could be the official religion of the New World Order? Will Sarah Palin be the chief Law enforcer? It won't be long till we know the answer to these questions!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity