Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
A rose by any other name...

Wasn't it at Antioch members of THIS WAY were first called Christian. Were they not Christ's before they were called Christian?

I know who I believe and trust. I know who died on a cross to take the sting of sin from us. I know who His Father and our Father is. Call me what you want.

Me too^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
A rose by any other name...

Wasn't it at Antioch members of THIS WAY were first called Christian. Were they not Christ's before they were called Christian?

I know who I believe and trust. I know who died on a cross to take the sting of sin from us. I know who His Father and our Father is. Call me what you want.
Me too ^^. I couldn't careless if i'm called the devil by fundamental christians.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:37 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have noticed on here Evangelicals, Baptists,Pentecostal,Lutheran and so on are rarely called by the denominations they belonged to but simply christian. Why are Universalists called everything but christian on here ?.
As far as I'm concerned, it's easy to see who's a "real" Christian and who isn't. "Real" Christians don't condemn everybody outside of their own little clique.

Quote:
Universalists do you believe you are christians?
Absolutely. But I also think ETers are Christians. A person can be a Christian and not believe all the same things as another Christian.

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-06-2011 at 10:47 PM..

Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Yours don't either. 99% saved is not 100%. You believe those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, thus never be saved. So, how can yours be called Universalism?
Actually, I generally describe Mormonism as being universalist because we approximate universalism so much more closely than we approximate the belief in eternal torment for millions. As for the 99% number you threw out there, I'd say we believe more like 99.999999% of all people will ultimately be saved. .000001% seems like such a small number that to say we're universalists is really pretty accurate.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
One being that there is not a Christian Universalist church anywhere in my area and I refuse to listen to sermons on hellfire and damnation any longer.
Actually, I bet there is.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Me too ^^. I couldn't careless if i'm called the devil by fundamental christians.
Make that three of us.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:02 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, I generally describe Mormonism as being universalist because we approximate universalism so much more closely than we approximate the belief in eternal torment for millions. As for the 99% number you threw out there, I'd say we believe more like 99.999999% of all people will ultimately be saved. .000001% seems like such a small number that to say we're universalists is really pretty accurate.
you dont really think that God is gonna let a handfull suffer for eternity do ya?,when there are so many ther ways that can teach,besides ET cant teach anything.i think that belief of ''blaspheme and your eternally doomed''was a 'keep in check',system,..........if only people understood that their eternity dosent rely upon this one life,that karma is a stringent but just law,that every living entity originates from the eternal dimension and that every living entity will return....what is inevitable for all beings?...HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
well if your the devil for understanding that God cares for everyone and shows commpassion/tolerance/patience/understanding/nobility/honour and LOVE to ALL His creation,then i guess im on the devils side too,but sure i must be somethin worse than the devil for beleiving that God has unlimited forms too.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
you dont really think that God is gonna let a handfull suffer for eternity do ya?,when there are so many ther ways that can teach,besides ET cant teach anything.i think that belief of ''blaspheme and your eternally doomed''was a 'keep in check',system,..........if only people understood that their eternity dosent rely upon this one life,that karma is a stringent but just law,that every living entity originates from the eternal dimension and that every living entity will return....what is inevitable for all beings?...HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!
The best answer I can give you is to say that you have judged my beliefs without understanding them. That's not a very intelligent approach. My belief is so categorically opposed to eternal torment it's not even funny.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The best answer I can give you is to say that you have judged my beliefs without understanding them. That's not a very intelligent approach. My belief is so categorically opposed to eternal torment it's not even funny.
thats sound(cool)_,im not saying i fully understand your beleifs,thats why im curious to know why you would think god would let someone suffer without end,did you not write that in a previous post,and im glad to hear you dont beleive in such BS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity