Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Jesus lived in Judea, but He wasn't a Jew in the sense of the word that
Jews today are. Concerning your reference to Jewish temples, Jesus
said their temple would be destroyed, and it was completely. Their sacrifices
were refused by Yahweh after the Crucifixion. The wailing wall is not a part
of the second temple at all, but rather a wall of a Roman fort Antonia.
I am sorry if saying this makes you or anyone else uncomfortable, however it
should be acknowledged that the only essential part of Christianity is totally
refused by Judaism, and if whom you say is your Savior is not welcome, you
displease Him greatly if you participate in ceremonies of the Jews, or Muslims, or
any other heathen religion.

Born of JEWISH parents, raised as a JEW observing ALL JEWISH traditions and customs, and was even a RABBI, but HE WASN'T A JEW??

I suppose he was...a CHRISTIAN..LOL

Or maybe a MORMON?

Jesus was a LUTHERAN?

JESUS WAS AND IS JEWISH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 03:21 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Born of JEWISH parents, raised as a JEW observing ALL JEWISH traditions and customs, and was even a RABBI, but HE WASN'T A JEW??

I suppose he was...a CHRISTIAN..LOL

Or maybe a MORMON?

Jesus was a LUTHERAN?

JESUS WAS AND IS JEWISH!!!
The word "Jew" is only a few hundred years old. It is an abbreviated form of
"Judeans", which is the only use of the word in the Bible. There are no "Jews"
in the Bible. Judea had different ethnicities and social groups in the time of
Jesus Christ, and the King Herod was not an Israelite, neither were many of
the Sanhedrin. If you read the Bible, you would know that Jesus spoke about
fake "Jews". Essentially, the word is a useless moniker. Today's "Jews" are
DNA-proven not to have Israelite blood anymore than most other peoples.
This is a complex topic which assuredly would take a lot of your time to
understand. You picked apart one little line of what I wrote, and truncated my
sentence out of context. Also, Jesus did not "observe" "Jewish" traditions, as
a matter of fact it was powerful "Jews" who hated what He taught and were afraid
of what He did. The Lost Tribes (Lost Sheep of the House of Israel) which Jesus
said to first preach to, and who composed 10 of the original 12 Holy Apostles,
all but Matthew and Judas were not Judeans, but Galileans.
Your claim that Jesus had "Jewish parents" makes you a non-Christian off the bat,
because Jesus was conceived in the Blessed Mother by Divine Fiat.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:02 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
speechless--absolutely dumbfounded--as if God could never speak outside the four-walls of one's own little box. smh and

WHY GO?

I dunno..maybe...maybe to actually be a WITNESS so the other people do not get the wrong idea and think that every evangelical is a self-centered narcissistic Cretan?

But that would just be my own opinion.
So I guess I would never see these individuals in public? I wouldn't work or live next to these individuals? The only way I can reach them is to go to their house of worship?

I tell you what, go to a mosque and read the Bible and let me know how that works for you.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1117 View Post
for example,you happen to find that there's a famous buddhist temple nearby,will you go and visit it?
Of course. I've visited a number of beautiful temples. Seeing Angkor Wat is on my bucket list.

Here's one for anyone visiting or residing in Southern California. Just 20 minutes from Disneyland. They offer tours and their lunch buffet is delicious.

http://www.hsilai.org

Old 05-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
So I guess I would never see these individuals in public? I wouldn't work or live next to these individuals? The only way I can reach them is to go to their house of worship?

I tell you what, go to a mosque and read the Bible and let me know how that works for you.
What does the above post have to do with visiting another place of worship or religion?

As for seeing these individuals in public or working with them, I am, reminded of the all so intelligent words of so many suburban whites in the 1960s-1980s--SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE (PICK A MINORITY AND INSERT HERE)...

Some Obviously confuse "witness" with stupidity? Perhaps even blended being a witness with just plain old idiocy??

So as the parables had to be explained for the simple minded, allow me to clarify the term "witness."

When someone goes about their normal everyday business, and comes across another HUMAN who needs any type of assistance, and that some one provides what ever assistance they can, they are being a witness for Christ. NO PROSELYTIZING REQUIRED.

When someone goes about their normal life and smiles at another HUMAN, they are being a witness for Christ. NO PROSELYTIZING REQUIRED.

When someone goes into another house of worship, and interacts with other HUMANS, without being CONFRONTATIONAL, INSULTING and HATEFUL, they are being a witness for Christ. NO PROSELYTIZING REQUIRED.

Maybe your problem is you take that NKJV or do you use the evangelical approved KJV and BEAT EVERYONE OVER THE HEAD WITH IT claiming it is for their own good and that you only want the best for them and that if they reject your VISION of "jesus" they will BURN BABY BURN for all eternity in a mad-made hell that is designed for ALL HUMANITY that does not support your god-in-a-box?

When people Go to a Mosque, they need to LEAVE the bible at home...along with stupidity, HATE and bigotry. Then again, they are all the same are they not?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:44 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
As someone that was raised fundamentalist evangelical Christian, but has been distant for many years, I have been to a Kingdom Hall on several occasions when invited by close friends.

I found them to be very inviting, and I've felt no pressure whatsoever. I would never join their ranks though, as I can't be a part of a religion that is so restrictive, but I always brought a copy of the NWT when I visited. I also have a friend that is Mormon and one that is Hindu, and I have a copy of the Mormon Bible as well as the Gita, and I've studied both to a fair extent (this is more than I can say for just about any fundamentalist "Christian" that I know).

I think it is important to understand the beliefs of others that believe differently. If more fundamentalist Christians did this, they just might understand where others come from and not be so condemning.

As an added note, when my fundamentalist mother found out I socialize with JW's, she told me how disappointed she was that I was associating with "cult members". When I visited my local Christian church (as I do from time to time), the pastor pretty much backed up what my mother stated. I really felt sorry for the both of them.

There are so many awesome people out there, and I have an incredibly hard time believing they are all going to hell like I was taught they would while growing up.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:01 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1117 View Post
for example,you happen to find that there's a famous buddhist temple nearby,will you go and visit it?or simply ignore its existence?

Sure. I have and I would again. Both churches and other structures within Christianity - Roman Catholic, LDS, Eastern Orthodox etc. - and places of worship outside of the Christian faith.

I already have. Why would I not?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:05 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
What does the above post have to do with visiting another place of worship or religion?

As for seeing these individuals in public or working with them, I am, reminded of the all so intelligent words of so many suburban whites in the 1960s-1980s--SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE (PICK A MINORITY AND INSERT HERE)...

Some Obviously confuse "witness" with stupidity? Perhaps even blended being a witness with just plain old idiocy??

So as the parables had to be explained for the simple minded, allow me to clarify the term "witness."

When someone goes about their normal everyday business, and comes across another HUMAN who needs any type of assistance, and that some one provides what ever assistance they can, they are being a witness for Christ. NO PROSELYTIZING REQUIRED.

When someone goes about their normal life and smiles at another HUMAN, they are being a witness for Christ. NO PROSELYTIZING REQUIRED.

When someone goes into another house of worship, and interacts with other HUMANS, without being CONFRONTATIONAL, INSULTING and HATEFUL, they are being a witness for Christ. NO PROSELYTIZING REQUIRED.

Maybe your problem is you take that NKJV or do you use the evangelical approved KJV and BEAT EVERYONE OVER THE HEAD WITH IT claiming it is for their own good and that you only want the best for them and that if they reject your VISION of "jesus" they will BURN BABY BURN for all eternity in a mad-made hell that is designed for ALL HUMANITY that does not support your god-in-a-box?

When people Go to a Mosque, they need to LEAVE the bible at home...along with stupidity, HATE and bigotry. Then again, they are all the same are they not?
So let's go back to my original point, what is the purpose of going to a mosque?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
So let's go back to my original point, what is the purpose of going to a mosque?
I dunno..maybe...maybe to actually be a WITNESS so the other people do not get the wrong idea and think that every evangelical is a self-centered narcissistic Cretan?

But that would just be my own opinion.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:18 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Just to get a better understanding of another's belief system.

Maybe a better question would be, "would a devout Muslim be willing to go to a Christian church if invited"?

My mother asked if a devout JW would be willing to go to an evangelical church if invited, and I'm not even confident that I could answer "yes" to that question, even though I went to theirs.

We live in a large world. Maybe if we just all understood each other a little better......

Good Lord, I'm starting to sound like a liberal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity