Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM

130 posts, read 164,495 times

Advertisements

Both, faith, and we have to have sound doctrine, we spin a perfect spider web, all 66 books and then everything falls together properly, and it does the job right, we dont spearate things into parts that are interwoven things. what in the Bible is completely separate from another. Faith, belief, trust, truth, works all work together with the cross, and ther resurection and baptism, it is amazing to God that people are still arguing and fighting over milk. These things should be understood and enjoyed and shared, not argued and fought about every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I saw the following question posed on another religious site recently and thought I'd pose it here...

Have you ever wondered, if the essence of being a Christian is to believe the right theology, why the burden of Jesus' own teaching was always ethical and behavorial?

Good question! I like it.
Seems to me Jesus was displaying that the most important thing that matters is love. Really, what else will eventually be left standing, if not solely...LOVE?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 PM

How can one love properly if they don't love the doctrines of the Bible to get them right and live them, how can one love properly if you don't know the Bible, It is like trying to have perfect faith without perfect works, or perfect works without perfect faith, when did God ask us to settle for less then perfection. a little inperfection breeds more of it, inperfection is sin. Do you want a house built by a person with a good heart who does not know the rules for building the house or do you want a person who know the rules perfectly but has no heart to do it right, what you are doing here is going to a place we can not go in the Bible. As I stated before, we have to get everything right, right doctrine and right faith, they work together and can not be separated. What part of God do we not want to have right with Him

Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
How can one love properly if they don't love the doctrines of the Bible to get them right and live them, how can one love properly if you don't know the Bible, It is like trying to have perfect faith without perfect works, or perfect works without perfect faith, when did God ask us to settle for less then perfection. a little inperfection breeds more of it, inperfection is sin. Do you want a house built by a person with a good heart who does not know the rules for building the house or do you want a person who know the rules perfectly but has no heart to do it right, what you are doing here is going to a place we can not go in the Bible. As I stated before, we have to get everything right, right doctrine and right faith, they work together and can not be separated. What part of God do we not want to have right with Him
Sorry Elijah . . . but anyone who can reconcile the evil descriptions of Jehovah in the OT with the love of Christ doesn't have the slightest idea what God's pure love actually is. You have no credibility whatsoever. Evil is evil and love is love. Only Christ displayed the pure love of God. Reconciling our ignorant ancient ancestors' barbaric and savage OT beliefs about God with the example and teachings of Jesus is a demonic corruption of Christ's message of love (Gospel).

Old 04-13-2011, 10:54 PM

God does not change Myst, maybe you should read the book of Revelation, it is in the new testament and it is worse by far than anything in the old, more light more responsibility, Bible in our hand, God quotes the old all through the new to make sure we don't get the false belief you have, lots got it, the devil likes it, but hell is the end of it, no christian chruch I know of only teaches the new testament, people say really foolish things about only keeping the new test and then they quote the old for tithing or something, people who talk like this are living in sin. God said the gospel was preach to them as well as us, we always Got saved the same way, by Gods grace through our choice of faith and we then live holy lives in love to Him Jesus Christ, If you are familiar with the wrath of the Lamb and what God has done the last ten years, no evil happens in a city without Him. The Love of Him is cold and what you are saying is part of it, be careful

Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I saw the following question posed on another religious site recently and thought I'd pose it here...

Have you ever wondered, if the essence of being a Christian is to believe the right theology, why the burden of Jesus' own teaching was always ethical and behavorial?
Because the "right" theology is what saves.

There is no such thing as being partly pregnant, either:
  • "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith".."This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,"
or
  • if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless
It's either or.... not some of each. God revealed:
Galatians 5:4
You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
Romans 3:21
But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

A true prophet from God testifies the theology " that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law." Romans 3:28

Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
God does not change Myst,
Of course not . . . but that has nothing to do with whether we should change the stupid, savage, ignorant beliefs about God's nature our primitive ancestors held about Him. Changing our beliefs about God's true nature based on Christ's example does not require that God change . . . it just requires that we lift the veil of our ancestors' ignorance and get to know God better than they did by placing our faith in Christ.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
That you love God and love others and use your life to spread love and God's purpose (which is love) and encourage other people to do the same.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 PM

We are not saved by it or justified by it, but when we love we keep his commandments and they are listed all through the new testament, break one break all and two of the ten commandments are listed

Not to hearers of the the law but doers is new testament, faith does not void the law it establishes it, teach to break the least in the law Jesus said you will be least in heaven, we keep the moral commands and the ten commandents are part of them

No who worships idols, or is in sexual sin, or covets, or murders will go to heaven, new testament reminding us we can not be free to do what we want, keeping them will not save or justify you, it will not wash your sin away, but you live breaking Gods commands of the old testament that God has brought in the new you won't see heaven

Some of the rules have changed by not the ten, we don't sacrifice animals for sin and we can eat what we want, but we don't violate Gods law and saw I can have sex with an animal even though it is not talked about in the new testament, this gives people so much trouble and it is so easy to understand.

Abraham was not justified by faith alone, James says, by works his faith was made perfect, so that means not just the law, not just faith, got to have both, but the works won't save you, if you love Me keep my commandments, why not try and answer, which ones?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
We are not saved by it or justified by it, but when we love we keep his commandments and they are listed all through the new testament, break one break all and two of the ten commandments are listed

Not to hearers of the the law but doers is new testament, faith does not void the law it establishes it, teach to break the least in the law Jesus said you will be least in heaven, we keep the moral commands and the ten commandents are part of them

No who worships idols, or is in sexual sin, or covets, or murders will go to heaven, new testament reminding us we can not be free to do what we want, keeping them will not save or justify you, it will not wash your sin away, but you live breaking Gods commands of the old testament that God has brought in the new you won't see heaven

Some of the rules have changed by not the ten, we don't sacrifice animals for sin and we can eat what we want, but we don't violate Gods law and saw I can have sex with an animal even though it is not talked about in the new testament, this gives people so much trouble and it is so easy to understand.

Abraham was not justified by faith alone, James says, by works his faith was made perfect, so that means not just the law, not just faith, got to have both, but the works won't save you, if you love Me keep my commandments, why not try and answer, which ones?
Huh?? If this was supposed to be an answer to my last post . . . it failed miserably. It seems you are not trying to have a discussion . . . but are simply engaged in sermonizing. Let me know if you actually want a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity