Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times

Advertisements

Those who believe and teach that God hates his enemies are themselves the enemies of God, and the enemies of humanity ... But God loves them just the same, and will one day renew their souls and heal their spiritual sickness. They exist in such a spiritually destitute state at present in order to give us an understanding of what kills and destroys and makes barren. Their violence and pride are an example which provides contrast to the true value of the peace and humility which the holy spirit produces in the lives of those who are quickened. Their hate is only allowed to exist here and now in this present evil age to finally prove the supremacy of the unconditional and universal love of God for all people and all things when he at last is known by all throughout his entire creation.

All those who have tortured and murdered and abused and persecuted their fellow humans in the name of their false religions will finally reap what they have sown, and when they are at last shown the true mercy of God and come to know their terrible shame, then the whole creation will glorify Gods name and all will be restored.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 04-11-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
The differences among us are used by God to show who it is He loves and who it is that loves Him.

This is so easy to answer it's untrue . Those who love him are the ones loving their neighbor as theirselves. Loving God and loving your neighbor is the same thing. In regards to who God loves is John 3:16 in your bible Verna along with Romans 5:8 ?.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
The real reasons for the differences are in my post here, Verna.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The real reasons for the differences are in my post here, Verna.
No Mystic. That's your opinion. According to God's Word (which IS my Source), the differences seem to be that some believe in a false gospel and others believe in the Word of God...as it is written. I'll rely on and trust upon God's Word.

1 Corinthians 11:19 states: "No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God's approval."

It's all a part of His plan and purpose.

God bless you Mystic,
Verna.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
No Mystic. That's your opinion. According to God's Word (which IS my Source), the differences seem to be that some believe in a false gospel and others believe in the Word of God...as it is written. I'll rely on and trust upon God's Word.
Who IS ?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Those who believe and teach that God hates his enemies are themselves the enemies of God, and the enemies of humanity ... But God loves them just the same, and will one day renew their souls and heal their spiritual sickness. They exist in such a spiritually destitute state at present in order to give us an understanding of what kills and destroys and makes barren. Their violence and pride are an example which provides contrast to the true value of the peace and humility which the holy spirit produces in the lives of those who are quickened. Their hate is only allowed to exist here and now in this present evil age to finally prove the supremacy of the unconditional and universal love of God for all people and all things when he at last is known by all throughout his entire creation.

All those who have tortured and murdered and abused and persecuted their fellow humans in the name of their false religions will finally reap what they have sown, and when they are at last shown the true mercy of God and come to know their terrible shame, then the whole creation will glorify Gods name and all will be restored.
Amen. Thank God for the hope we have that all the darkness and hatred and violence and all that is not of God is passing away. Were it not for the hope within me, I could not face another day in this fallen and suffering world. We must endure these trials and suffering for a little while (our short time in this world). Thank God for those who remind us that the bad times will not last forever. Thank you.

Heartsong

Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
You Pleroo, of all people, who proclaims to understand and love others so deeply, I would think you could already discern my heart, considering you quoted what is on my heart...but yet, you too choose to respond according to the spirit that is within you, to toy with and mock me, who, more than anything would rather they stop teaching lies and get into a right relationship with God. I will be blessed either way...whether they cease or not, as I live and walk in God's truth...I am confident in this one thing...that I am called according to His purpose in Christ Jesus...as I press on toward the Mark of the High Calling of God in Christ Jesus.

My final response to you.

God is the only one that knows the true heart

Old 04-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Amen. Thank God for the hope we have that all the darkness and hatred and violence and all that is not of God is passing away. Were it not for the hope within me, I could not face another day in this fallen and suffering world. We must endure these trials and suffering for a little while (our short time in this world). Thank God for those who remind us that the bad times will not last forever. Thank you.

Heartsong
The ultimate purpose for which God allows the existence of evil and destruction is to answer the inevitable question which his creation should ask him, "why have you created me?" ...

The answer is summed up in a single word, "love", but we must suffer hate in order to finally come to understand unconditional love in truth, something which many on this forum sadly reject outright, not realizing that when they reject unconditional love, they are in fact rejecting the spirit of Christ and the only true God.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
[font=Georgia]No Mystic. That's your opinion. According to God's Word (which IS my Source)

You know what they say, opinions are like A-holes, and everyone has got one ... Even if we believe that our fecal matter doesn't stink and that in fact our A-hole is really the fountain of life spewing forth living waters from the very throne of glory into the whole wide world for the healing of the nations ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 04-11-2011 at 08:02 PM..

Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The ultimate purpose for which God allows the existence of evil and destruction is to answer the inevitable question which his creation should ask him, "why have you created me?" ...

The answer is summed up in a single word, "love", but we must suffer hate in order to finally come to understand unconditional love in truth, something which many on this forum sadly reject outright, not realizing that when they reject unconditional love, they are in fact rejecting the spirit of Christ and the only true God.

This is true.

Just my point of view:

And I also believe there are many who think they are rejecting God yet they are not, they are only rejecting the false image of God. Their focus is love. One day they'll understand that their focus was actually God.
How beautiful is that?

Labels mean nothing.
It is what God is doing in our hearts. (Each and EVERY human being.)
And all of this, everything happening, every unique individual is here for an ultimate good purpose. No matter how bleak things may seem, they only SEEM that way. Truth will break through all of the hard outer shells of our heart and He will be ALL in ALL.

LOVE.
How grossly misunderstood LOVE really is right now.

LAW. The purpose for LAW is to teach us that we NEED love.
That's it.

WE are learning.

Children are taught things, we are children.
"Do not steal your friend's cupcake"
Child: I am a friend because I won't steal your cupcake.
"Do not be mean to your friend."
Child: I am a friend because I am not mean to you.
"Do not push your friend down"
Child: I am a friend because I don't push you down.
On and on and on and on...
Until finally after years and years, they finally start to get the whole point of all the dang rules. They get the point, what is BEHIND all the rules, and they can finally TRULY, FOR ONCE say:

Child: "I AM A FRIEND."

PERIOD.
And it means something.
It's finally REAL.
Then they will no longer need a single rule.
For they will finally have outgrown the NEED for the rules.

Where there is love, there is NO NEED FOR THE LAW, because there is nothing EVIL to RESTRAIN.

GOD IS LOVE.

WE were subjected to this for a reason.
To learn. We're all in this together.
We are ALL loved by God.
And there is nothing that we could EVER, EVER, EVER do to make Him stop loving us. THAT LOVE is what ultimately and eventually CHANGES us. All of us. LOVE CHANGES US. What is LOVE? God is love.

and Jesus gave us two commands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity